Grossman update?

Guest trevluk

Anybody hear anything? I am thinking that if he is even questionable the Flyers should rest him and see how they do. I think we can get past NJ while giving someone like Gus more valuable playoff experience. I think the Flyers can win it in 5 or 6 so maybe get him in a game or 2 towards the end of the series to get up to game speed. Same goes for Meszaros. If we make it to the ECF then having a rested and healthy Grossman and Meszaros would be huge. (Lets hope Coby, Kimmo, and Carle all stay healthy as well.)

absolutely! however I don't think Mez is that close. I doubt we'll see him this round.

hopefully we wont need him and he can rest, but some have said he should be ready to go in about a week or so if needed. I think if it comes down to a game 6 or 7 and our defense has been struggling and he can play, then we might see him.

UPDATE: good news :D

The Flyers practiced with a full squad yesterday. For the second straight day, Nicklas Grossmann was dressed for full contact. He took all of his reps in line rush and PK drills with usual partner, Braydon Coburn. The other pairings yesterday were Kimmo Timonen with Matt Carle and Andreas Lilja with Erik Gustafsson.

Pavel Kubina took reps paired with rehabbing Andrej Meszaros. That would suggest that as long as Grossmann is able to play tomorrow, Kubina will be a scratch for Game 1 while Gustafsson (who had the best game of his career in Game 6 vs Pittsburgh) will stay in the lineup to start the Devils' series.

Marc-Andre Bourdon is still not skating or (to the best of my knowledge) doing off-ice workouts on practice days. Increasingly, I would not be surprised if his absence stretches through the remainder of the playoffs.

Brandon Manning did not practice with the main group yesterday, as he did earlier in the week. That's another indication that the Flyers expect to have seven other defensemen -- including Grossmann -- available come tomorrow afternoon.

meltzer said kubina takes a ton of treatment time, and judging by how few minutes he was playing by the end of the pens series he must have an injury

i hope it's something that can get better quickly in case we lose another d man

(everybody knock on wood plz ty)

hopefully we wont need him and he can rest, but some have said he should be ready to go in about a week or so if needed. I think if it comes down to a game 6 or 7 and our defense has been struggling and he can play, then we might see him.

I always fear rushing a player back from injury. I feel more times than not it usually sets them back more than their being there ends up helping the team. And I wouldn't want to see a set back with his back so here's to hoping the Flyers don't need him this round and he can fully heal up