How Long do they wait for Bryz in this series?

Guest AMMOnation

Sigh. Bryz might have the wins, but he is hardly contributing through round one. Maybe if he would stop those beer league squeakers that still are going in as if round two game one, people would be able to have faith, but Bryz had made a habit of letting the team and it's fans down. People want to see him succeed, but calling other people un-Flyerans because the team is doing well is ridiculous. Even if the Flyers beat the Blackhawks, Leighton still sucks. "Wins" and all.

Bryz might have the wins, but he is hardly contributing through round one

Huh? He kept the team in the first game when everyone else was sleepwalking. And he's been great so far tonight. That's not contributing?

Huh? He kept the team in the first game when everyone else was sleepwalking. And he's been great so far tonight. That's not contributing?

I was reserving judgement for this game and round until over. He's done this before and let in stinkers late. At least its NJ and less likely though.

Regarding round one, GAA and save percentage. Those are my preferred goalie measuring notes. Bryz fails.

Let's see how this and any future series go.

Sigh. Bryz might have the wins, but he is hardly contributing through round one. Maybe if he would stop those beer league squeakers that still are going in as if round two game one, people would be able to have faith, but Bryz had made a habit of letting the team and it's fans down.

By Round Two, Game One, you mean the one they won, right? Just checking.

People want to see him succeed, but calling other people un-Flyerans because the team is doing well is ridiculous. Even if the Flyers beat the Blackhawks, Leighton still sucks. "Wins" and all.

I haven't seen anyone call anyone else "un-Flyerans" or throw any sort of invective of that nature around, actually.

By Round Two, Game One, you mean the one they won, right? Just checking.

I haven't seen anyone call anyone else "un-Flyerans" or throw any sort of invective of that nature around, actually.

Yes, the Flyers won and Bryz let in another horrible goal. Business as usual I guess, since some are so desensitized to it.

I took creative liberty with the term, figured if everyone kept arguing without acknowledgement of opposing points, that was the next step. I could have sworn there was a semi recent thread where someone actually said go root for another team though.

Yes, the Flyers won and Bryz let in another horrible goal. Business as usual I guess, since some are so desensitized to it.

I took creative liberty with the term, figured if everyone kept arguing without acknowledgement of opposing points, that was the next step. I could have sworn there was a semi recent thread where someone actually said go root for another team though.

Business as usual, indeed. Every goalie gives up bad goals. All of them. In all circumstances. It happens.

It's not giving up the bad team goals - turnovers behind the net given to an uncovered player in the slot; allowing the other team to keep you in your zone for aeons; etc. - that make the difference.

I've never said anything as smacked-ass stupid as "go root for another team" and decry those who do.

I'm not excusing Bryzgalov, I'm making the best with what we've got. And what we've got, quite frankly, ain't bad.

Well I damn sure won't hang today's loss on Bryz.....So let me get this straight...Bryz plays like he is on a walkabout and the rest of the team hunkers down and get's the job done in spite of his play.......Bryz plays up to his potential and the rest of the team rolls over and smears vasoline on their collective asses watching as Bryz finally gets shelled back to earth........I hope Lavy has some good yelling saved up..........

Well I damn sure won't hang today's loss on Bryz.....So let me get this straight...Bryz plays like he is on a walkabout and the rest of the team hunkers down and get's the job done in spite of his play.......Bryz plays up to his potential and the rest of the team rolls over and smears vasoline on their collective asses watching as Bryz finally gets shelled back to earth........I hope Lavy has some good yelling saved up..........

er uh yep that pretty much sums it up. The Flyers take 2 shots in the 2nd period - TWO! and the first one (by Giroux) didn't hit Brodeur until about 2 minutes left to play in the period.

Most of us figured the 3rd would be different, that the Flyers would be ready to take it to them...but no...more of the same.

So Bryzgalov finally [that's just for Rad - :)] plays really well and our skaters decide he should win the game by himself.

Nine-year contract, mega-millions...you can almost forgive the skaters for thinking that...I mean he is being paid to steal some games...But 2 SOG in the 2nd? Zero attack time? Even Patrick Roy needed occasional help on D and a few supporting goals. Our guys didn't do a damn thing to help Bryzgalov win that game and they deserved what they got.

Closing line of the NY Times review of the game:

“We bullied them good,” Brodeur said. “We just kept going at them.”

Uh, ya, I got nothing after that. Bryz played his best game of the playoffs. I thought Coburn was pretty good , Wellwood. Everyone else played hard for 8 minutes, then took the rest of the game off .They beat us at every facet of the game. There were long stretches where it looked like they were on the pp. Outskated, out worked, out hustled, out muscled.

• Like 1

I'm glad we lost that way. Embarrassment is as good a motivator as anything.

yeah, that, and reading Brodeur's quote - "We bullied them bad. We just kept coming at them."

I highly doubt we see anything close to a repeat of that mess again...well, not until the next round that is.

Uh, ya, I got nothing after that. Bryz played his best game of the playoffs. I thought Coburn was pretty good , Wellwood. Everyone else played hard for 8 minutes, then took the rest of the game off .They beat us at every facet of the game. There were long stretches where it looked like they were on the pp. Outskated, out worked, out hustled, out muscled.

Some may disagree but to ME it was worse thean the 10-3 shalacking!!!!!!

Could not believe what i was watching...a WAY LESS talented team just destroy these guys....hopefully this motivates these guys the rest of the series.

They have to bring that lunch pail mentality.

Devils just want it more.

CRAZY that us scoring the first goal and the goaltenders playing lights out has become an OMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only in Philly i swear.......

Some may disagree but to ME it was worse thean the 10-3 shalacking!!!!!!

Could not believe what i was watching...a WAY LESS talented team just destroy these guys....hopefully this motivates these guys the rest of the series.

They have to bring that lunch pail mentality.

Devils just want it more.

CRAZY that us scoring the first goal and the goaltenders playing lights out has become an OMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They may not have Crosby, Malkin and letang, but they play a way better playoff system and it's a full team effort. If Martys on, they'll be tough to beat. The "OMEN" part is so sadly true.

It's unbelievable right? Apparently the "goalie curse" isn't through screwing with us yet. It couldn't sabotage Bryzgalov so instead it filled the skater's boots with lead.

Every team has its demons but I think we've got a damn poltergeist working against us...

It's unbelievable right? Apparently the "goalie curse" isn't through screwing with us yet. It couldn't sabotage Bryzgalov so instead it filled the skater's boots with lead.

Every team has its demons but I think we've got a damn poltergeist working against us...

It starts with Giroux. He didn't have the best of game and it mirrored the team.

They will be motivated for the next one i bet. If but nothing but to prove something to themselves.

It's destiny.......

Go Flyers! Mezz will be back for game 5 bank it.

Mesz coming back is good, but the blue line wasn't the problem in my opinion.

I think if the Flyers could only focus on one thing as a team, it should be puck possession. Don't just throw the puck out of the zone, skate it out. Don't dump and not chase. Don't turn the puck over trying to do too much. Two things are certain if the Flyers have the puck - they have an opportunity to score, and the opponent doesn't. Unless Bryz has the puck.

I think if the Flyers could only focus on one thing as a team, it should be puck possession. Don't just throw the puck out of the zone, skate it out. Don't dump and not chase. Don't turn the puck over trying to do too much. Two things are certain if the Flyers have the puck - they have an opportunity to score, and the opponent doesn't. Unless Bryz has the puck.

Just tired of looking at Lilja. Gus can stay. Lilja must sit. Please God!

Just tired of looking at Lilja. Gus can stay. Lilja must sit. Please God!

Lilja does better when he tries to do little, but he's a vet with Cup experience so he tries to do too much. The third goal last night seems to me to be a perfect example. He completely overpursues and winds up leaving the other side of the net wide open (Briere munching on popcorn with his kids on the couch in the slot didn't help either).

it's why often younger dmen are more suitable for the 6/7 role - they are more likely to stay with their assignment in a desperate effort to remain on the roster and not a scratch.

Lilja does better when he tries to do little, but he's a vet with Cup experience so he tries to do too much. The third goal last night seems to me to be a perfect example. He completely overpursues and winds up leaving the other side of the net wide open (Briere munching on popcorn with his kids on the couch in the slot didn't help either).

it's why often younger dmen are more suitable for the 6/7 role - they are more likely to stay with their assignment in a desperate effort to remain on the roster and not a scratch.

That is why i was saying Gus can stay. He can surely improve but i must say i like his effort so far...he's still learning.

Lilja is a pylon out there basically.

He get so many block just by STANDING there and they just hit him he doesn't get in their way!