Game 2 - Statement game

Guest trevluk

Game 2 is the perfect opportunity for the Flyers to make a statement, and that statement would be "this is our ***** series and there is nothing you can do about it!" I want to see a solid 60 minute effort from each and every player, a dedication to responsible defensive play, relentless forecheck and offensive push, and a game from Bryz that shows that he is worth the contract that he signed. I know this is asking a lot, but it is the perfect time to make a statement and say it loud.

• Like 1

a game from Bryz that shows that he is worth the contract that he signed. I know this is asking a lot,

AHaha....that's pretty funny Trev ...

...oh wait you were serious about that? Oh sorry, thought you were making a comedy joke there... :)

Time for another big ga,e from one of the kids.

Schenn? Cooter? Cooter - he's been kind of quiet, too quiet. :)

I think tonight will belong to Briere, JVR, and Simmonds. Bryz will be good not great, but that's all we need from him in this series. 5-2 final.

I think tonight will belong to Briere, JVR, and Simmonds. Bryz will be good not great, but that's all we need from him in this series. 5-2 final.

Simmonds is due for a big game.

Hartnell too.

Game 2 is the perfect opportunity for the Flyers to make a statement, and that statement would be "this is our ***** series and there is nothing you can do about it!" I want to see a solid 60 minute effort from each and every player, a dedication to responsible defensive play, relentless forecheck and offensive push, and a game from Bryz that shows that he is worth the contract that he signed. I know this is asking a lot, but it is the perfect time to make a statement and say it loud.

If not, they allow the Devils to think they can win it and it goes 6 or more. This is what the Rangers performance last night may have bought them.

Cooter and Schenn haven't been as ... what's the word, as audacious since Neal and Asham had their way with them, however i thought I saw 14 looking for his offensive game a little more the other night, he might be due for a couple o' points.

I don't think they are injured, but i do think they're both playing a little more heads up since both the shots they took were completely out of the blue and not from plays where you're expecting to get hit, even though schenn probably thought he'd have to answer for his big hit, i'll bet he wasn't thinking it would take place one second after.... I think both those guys will get back to that level, they just need some minutes vs a team that isn't as hell bent on trying to hurt them.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

It's time for Bryz to get his head out of his @ss and start playing at a higher level...the rest of the team is fine..

The guy I'm wondering about (besides our goalie, as always) is Matt Read. We were talking in the game chat how he looked a bit out of step, maybe gassed, maybe just overwhelmed by the whole PO experience. I'd love to see him find that scoring touch he had in the first few games against the Pens.

The other guy is JVR, who had a great game Sunday. I really hope he keeps it going. He's beginning to establish himself as a PO performer, carrying over from last year. His first full game - Sunday - he did everything I wanted to see from him. He was involved in all of his shifts one way or another, even defensively. We get him going it adds a huge threat to the opposition and really balances (even more) our attack.

The guy I'm wondering about (besides our goalie, as always) is Matt Read. We were talking in the game chat how he looked a bit out of step, maybe gassed, maybe just overwhelmed by the whole PO experience. I'd love to see him find that scoring touch he had in the first few games against the Pens.

The other guy is JVR, who had a great game Sunday. I really hope he keeps it going. He's beginning to establish himself as a PO performer, carrying over from last year. His first full game - Sunday - he did everything I wanted to see from him. He was involved in all of his shifts one way or another, even defensively. We get him going it adds a huge threat to the opposition and really balances (even more) our attack.

I think that the Flyers' depth makes individual "slumps" less costly to the team.

If Read & Couturier (along with Wayne Simmonds) only have 4 points (and Couturier's were all in Game 2) other players have stepped up.

Voracek, Jagr, Briere and Giroux are all at a point a game or better. Hartnell and even Schenn have 6 in 7.

JVR seems to be getting his legs under him. Meszaros is on the way back. If they get some timely goals from Read/Couturier/Simmonds...

With a little work and some determination, we can still have the worst multiple Cup winning goalie in league history.

I say go for it.

Would like to see them go up 3-0 in 1st period (yeah i know...most dangerous lead in hockey) and go for the juglar. With out Kovy, the Devils do not have the fire power to score goals....outside of Elias and Parise whoelse would you consider a scoring threat???

Would like to see them go up 3-0 in 1st period (yeah i know...most dangerous lead in hockey) and go for the juglar. With out Kovy, the Devils do not have the fire power to score goals....outside of Elias and Parise whoelse would you consider a scoring threat???

Great point. If we get an early lead, the Devils will start to press.

. . .and then they'll start taking dumb penalties.

. . . and then one or two Flyers will score hat tricks again

. . .and then Marty will cry.

:D

Control the pace the whole game. Play physical when the opportunity presents itself, but play under control. Smother the Devils with offense, and play smart in the defensive zone. Come up with a few more hockey proverbs and follow those too.

But seriously, I think they come out in the first tonight the way they did in the second, third, and OT of game 1. They're into the series now, the layoff is done, and there's hockey to be played. I think they'll be ready.

I think it's about time that Schenn goes all wrecking ball on the Devils tonight.

Just saying.

sounds good to me. He surprised me this year with his physical play and now is the perfect time to impose it

I've been thinking long and hard about this and I have reached the conclusion that if the Flyers score more goals than the Devils tonight, they will win the game. Score more goals - it's the key. They should employ this strategy. I'm serious.

• Like 2

I've been thinking long and hard about this and I have reached the conclusion that if the Flyers score more goals than the Devils tonight, they will win the game. Score more goals - it's the key. They should employ this strategy. I'm serious.

Scoring more goals will help you win? You can't actually believe that

@The Hoff

That was an easy one to come up with. But what about the goalie? Is it really his job to stop the puck?

My view is that it's not: his job is to make the player miss the net altogether. If the puck happens to hit him, that's incidental to the real purpose. Bryz clearly has no appreciation for this since the other team keeps hitting the net, literally.