Rest of Flyers waste Bryz's great start

Guest TedZep

While it would be nice to count on a 1-0 lead as insurmountable, and the way Bryzgalov was playing the first two periods it seemed like it might be, the rest of the Flyers' players, Coburn aside, needed to at least try and help that become so.

While it would be nice to count on a 1-0 lead as insurmountable, and the way Bryzgalov was playing the first two periods it seemed like it might be, the rest of the Flyers' players, Coburn aside, needed to at least try and help that become so.

I was hoping Bryz would be able to steal this one. And I agree, it would have been nice to have had some offensive and defensive support.

Sucks that the Devils fans won't admit that the Flyers didn't give any effort tonight after the first. I need to stay over hear because I keep getting infractions on HF Boards because I can't contain my need to point out the stupidity of the Devils fans.

I can't contain my need to point out the stupidity of the Devils fans.

I've been trying 44 years to control my visceral reaction to stupid people of all walks of life.....but it still comes flying out like I have tourette's....I even yell at myself for doing dumb ****

Sucks that the Devils fans won't admit that the Flyers didn't give any effort tonight after the first. I need to stay over hear because I keep getting infractions on HF Boards because I can't contain my need to point out the stupidity of the Devils fans.

when the flyers dominate a period or game nobody says the other team didnt give any effort. the devils dominated the game for 50 out of 60 minutes. i doubt the flyers "werent giving any effort" after the first. devils were just better last night all around.

Last night's game reminded me of those bad, boring Devils - Flyers games of the late 1990's/early 2000's. Same kind of crappy hockey. Do the devils have any skilled offensive players, btw? They miss the net quite a bit. The pens would have lit the flyers up for 10 last night, the way the flyers played.

when the flyers dominate a period or game nobody says the other team didnt give any effort. the devils dominated the game for 50 out of 60 minutes. i doubt the flyers "werent giving any effort" after the first. devils were just better last night all around.

They were better all around but you could see a clear lack of effort on the Flyers' part. They weren't skating and digging hard to make the plays we know they can. They just coasted around for a lot of the game.

the devils dominated the game for 50 out of 60 minutes. i doubt the flyers "werent giving any effort" after the first. devils were just better last night all around.

I'm not denying the Devils' part, but I would definitely say it was the Flyers in general that were playing bad than the Devils were playing great. Falling down (and not just Hartnell), errant passes, bad passes, lazy passes, lazy skating... just an all around bad effort.

• Like 1

I'm not denying the Devils' part, but I would definitely say it was the Flyers in general that were playing bad than the Devils were playing great. Falling down (and not just Hartnell), errant passes, bad passes, lazy passes, lazy skating... just an all around bad effort.

Exactly. Flyers coming in on a 3-on-2 and Giroux, of all people, throws a pass 3-4 feet behind Hartnell. Stopping and letting the Devils get to loose pucks. Taking bad angles to the puck or to the boards. Running into eachother. It was like someone took my beer league team, threw Flyers jerseys on us, and told us to finish the game.

Exactly. Flyers coming in on a 3-on-2 and Giroux, of all people, throws a pass 3-4 feet behind Hartnell. Stopping and letting the Devils get to loose pucks. Taking bad angles to the puck or to the boards. Running into eachother. It was like someone took my beer league team to the liquordome for the night, threw Flyers jerseys on us, and told us to finish the game.

Fixed it for ya.

Can't be done..... Due to Philly's 'Effort cap clause.' "Skaters and goalies shall not carry equal emotional investment into any play/period/game at one time.' Check it out..... its in the CBA.

Jeez, if that weren't so true it would be funny.