Ok - it's time: MIA - Scotty Hartnell

Guest NJSikkbreed

Can anyone tell what's going on w/ Hartnell these playoffs so far??

Our leading goal scorer for the season has basically been a big, fat ZERO so far through 8 games....

and took a really bad penalty that helped lead to NJ's first goal.

He's gotta step up..... I've given him a pass so far --- but not after last night.

He needs to get some "jam" in his game!

• Like 1

Can anyone tell what's going on w/ Hartnell these playoffs so far??

Our leading goal scorer for the season has basically been a big, fat ZERO so far through 8 games....

and took a really bad penalty that helped lead to NJ's first goal.

He's gotta step up..... I've given him a pass so far --- but not after last night.

He needs to get some "jam" in his game!

I don't think he has been missing any more than others throughout the PO's.

Last night's games was his worst. There were 3-4 times that he made stupid passes that resulted directly in counter rushes back up the ice when it should have been at least a shot on goal for the Flyers.

Regardless, they come up flying tomorrow night - Hartnell included.

Honestly the Jagr-Giroux-Hartnell line has been shut down for large stretches and was almost invisible last night.

They haven't been very effective 5-on-5. Giroux has 9 of 15 points on special teams (6 PP, 3 SH); all of Hartnell's 6 points are on the PK; 5 of 7 for Jagr. Those are all vastly higher percentages of special teams points than they had in the regular season.

They haven't assisted each other on an even strength goal since 0:27 of the third period of Round One, Game Three (and that made it 7-4 at the time). Jagr assisted Giroux (Hartnell has no even strength points).

I remain hopeful that they will regain some form and be effective, but I'm not sure I would match "top line for top line" with this group. I'd look for some favorable matchups (of course, Flyers don't have last change for the next two...).

You could say the same thing about Jagr. They both have cooled off considerably in the post season.

I disagree..... while Jagr hasnt looked as fresh recently -- he still can puck handle basically as long as he wants to in the offensive zone, his vision

is still good and he had probably the biggest goal of the 1st Round netting the game-winner in Game 2 vs Pitt..... Hartnell appears back to his

"Bambi on Ice" skating habits falling all over the place, making dumb decisions and taking bad penalties.....

I think Jagr has been great for the most part so far. I called out Hartnell for being MIA around Game 5 last round and he still hasn't shown up. It's weird but we know he can elevate his play in the post-season because we've all seen him do it before.

You could say the same thing about Jagr. They both have cooled off considerably in the post season.

Briere and Jagr...both -5 and -4...sad that guys EVEN when everything on the line can't play DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a tweet from Frank Servalli on Monday night, that Hartnell was wearing ice packs on his left foot and limping after practice...injured?

Just a theory...

Maybe a brain sprain is all...Danny B and JVR...-3 last night. The Devils going to love the last line change in the next game. Danny B and JVR need to find a way NOT TO GET EXPOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hartnell & Jagr have been way too quiet so far.

Simmonds too.

Wonder if there is any chance that Lavy tinkers with the top line.

maybe it's time to put JVR back where he started the season...it could work out or motivate Hartnell, either way it's good.

@NJSikkbreed

Scotty apologies to you! :-)

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inqflyersreport/Hartnell-takes-balme-for-1st-line-struggles.html

"I wasn't forechecking. I wasn’t hitting. It seemed like my legs weren’t moving, and when you don’t have a guy on your line going, it’s tough to get the other guys going as well," he said. "I have to be better. I have to get emotionally into the game. It felt like it was just too easy for them. It’s part of my mold _ to make it hard for them.”

yup.. he blocked a shot. i wouldn't be surprised if he's playing with a fractured ankle. he's a tough guy and hasn't missed any games. this is bad news for the flyers, he's clearly not as effective in doing what he does with this injury. people are talking about sitting guys.. maybe hartnell needs a maintenance day.