We could easily be DOWN 2-0 right now.

Guest AndyS

I can't think of any other explanation for the way they performed so far in this series other than they are not taking the Devils seriously. After all, the Devils were pretty much irrelevant since the lock out ended. I am still confident the Flyers handle this team rather easily, but they better stop ******** around. The Devs still have players who can burn you. But as soon as the Flyers start playing the way they are capable of, they will have no problem.

@MadDog

I agree --- I think some of them have fallen into the "look ahead" mode, listening to family and media hype them up -- already salivating over the chance to take on the Rangers.....which, ironically, I think is happening in NY, too (to play the Flyers).... both better wake up or we'll have a NJ/WASH Eastern Final.

We could also be up 2-0 in the series. Think about that, too.

Not the way they played last night. When only three people on the team show up to play, they couldn't have beaten the Skipjacks.

both better wake up or we'll have a NJ/WASH Eastern

yeah, could you imagine a NJ/WASH/PHNX/LA final four and 2 of those team competing for the cup. talk about a tv ratings nightmare! NBC would probably drop the NHL next year!!

Think about that.

This hockey club had better come out firing on all cylinders on Thursday in game #3.

It hurts alot to be beat by a less talented team. And the noise and the depth of their forwards and how the can roll 4 lines yet nearly held with out a shot in the 2nd....UN -F U C K IN-BELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by OccamsRazor

Once the boys get on the road, they'll be fine. No time for panic. The fact that we played like crap for 2 games but are still 1-1 is a good thing. I expect a much better Flyer team tomorrow night.

@AndyS

"This hockey club had better come out firing on all cylinders on Thursday in game #3."

The problem is that I thought that first period was one of their best of the playoffs. What I want to see is 60 minutes 100%. In this series so far, they have only played 48 minutes of quality hockey. That just won't fly if you want to advance.

• Like 1

Once the boys get on the road, they'll be fine. No time for panic. The fact that we played like crap for 2 games but are still 1-1 is a good thing. I expect a much better Flyer team tomorrow night.

Its NJ. The Flyers can literally sleep in their own beds.

• Like 1

Its NJ. The Flyers can literally sleep in their own beds.

Sheesh. Yeah, I know where NJ is in relation to Philly Doomster.

Still, it's a road game and we've been a good road team all year. That's really how I meant it.

Date Road Team Home Team Results Count

3-Jun-95 New Jersey Devils 4 @ Flyers 1 L Boxscore Lost

5-Jun-95 New Jersey Devils 5 @ Flyers 2 L Boxscore Lost

7-Jun-95 Flyers 3 @ New Jersey Devils 2 W OT Boxscore Lost

10-Jun-95 Flyers 4 @ New Jersey Devils 2 W Boxscore Lost

11-Jun-95 New Jersey Devils 3 @ Flyers 2 L Boxscore Lost

13-Jun-95 Flyers 2 @ New Jersey Devils 4 L Boxscore Win

14-May-00 New Jersey Devils 4 @ Flyers 1 L Boxscore Lost

16-May-00 New Jersey Devils 3 @ Flyers 4 W Boxscore Win

18-May-00 Flyers 4 @ New Jersey Devils 2 W Boxscore Lost

20-May-00 Flyers 3 @ New Jersey Devils 1 W Boxscore Lost

22-May-00 New Jersey Devils 4 @ Flyers 1 L Boxscore Lost

24-May-00 Flyers 1 @ New Jersey Devils 2 L Boxscore Win

26-May-00 New Jersey Devils 2 @ Flyers 1 L Boxscore Lost

8-Apr-04 New Jersey Devils 2 @ Flyers 3 W Boxscore Win

10-Apr-04 New Jersey Devils 2 @ Flyers 3 W Boxscore Win

12-Apr-04 Flyers 2 @ New Jersey Devils 4 L Boxscore Win

14-Apr-04 Flyers 3 @ New Jersey Devils 0 W Boxscore Lost

17-Apr-04 New Jersey Devils 1 @ Flyers 3 W Boxscore Win

15-Apr-10 Flyers 2 @ New Jersey Devils 1 W Boxscore Lost

16-Apr-10 Flyers 3 @ New Jersey Devils 5 L Boxscore Win

18-Apr-10 New Jersey Devils 2 @ Flyers 3 W OT Boxscore Win

20-Apr-10 New Jersey Devils 1 @ Flyers 4 W Boxscore Win

22-Apr-10 Flyers 3 @ New Jersey Devils 0 W Boxscore Lost

29-Apr-12 New Jersey Devils 3 @ Flyers 4 W OT Boxscore Win

1-May-12 New Jersey Devils 4 @ Flyers 1 L Boxscore Lost

3-May-12 Flyers @ New Jersey Devils 7:30

6-May-12 Flyers @ New Jersey Devils 7:30

8-May-12 Flyers @ New Jersey Devils TBA

10-May-12 New Jersey Devils @ Flyers TBA

Podes, I've been to 10 Flyer games in jersey and they lost THEM ALL..with Patrick Elias scoring a game winner seemingly every time and a total of 9 shots on net.

Flyers on the road is one thing .... Flyers playing in North Jersey is another.

With tonight's showing, you could change the heading of the topic from 2-0 to 3-0. 2-1 is bad enough with another game to play in New Jersey minus Couts. They showed some lfe in the second and for the last 10 minutes of the 3rd. When they didn't score on that first powerplay in overtime, I knew we'd lost. And when we didn't on the second, it was guaranteed. The Devils just wanted it more tonight.

Briere and Simmonds caught at center ice during the turnover. Simmonds races to the net, Briere COASTS to the bench. Bryz coughs up a juicy rebound to a nobody, game over. Weak on Bryz, but I'm really pissed at Briere's "defense."