Poll: Sit Jagr?

Guest Podein25

Should They Sit Jagr?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should They Sit Jagr?

• Yes
    • No

The offense was anemic the other day. Jagr must be out there. I'd sit Simmonds first for playing like a girl last game. Is he afraid of playing the puck along the boards all the sudden?

Maybe it wasn't Simmonds, but it definitively one of the f'ers out there the other day.

@Podein25

Personally I wouldn't sit anybody due to the lack of offensive superiority, but if I had to choose one person to send a message, it would be him. The only reason I chose him to be the sacrificial lamb is because he looked extra scared of the puck the other night.

In reality though, I wouldn't sit a soul right now. It was one game they decided to take the night off. I expect a much better effort tonight.

In a perfect world I would sit Kovalchuk and Elias, maybe Marty B as well.

• Like 1

I'm obviously the only one so far who thinks they should sit him. If he's not scoring on the PP, he's of much less value. Hes' too slow and ineffective to be out there with G and Harts on a regular shift. I know Lavy subs other guys in there for a shift or two, but why not put Rinaldo in and roll 4 lines of smashmouth hockey?

@Podein25

Agree Jags has been slow, not just the last 2 games either. But if my option is Rinaldo I say dress Jags. Rinaldo is a 2 minute minor waiting to happen, due in part to the fact the officials have him marked. We've had 4 more PP than the Devils, I would look for that to change tonight with a little home cooking too.

I do like his energy, no arguing against that point, but I wouldn't make that change tonight. Another lackluster performance might change my thinking though

• Like 1

Don't sit Jagr, but please Lavy... take Simmonds off of the 1st PP unit with Harts and G. There is absolutely no chemistry there.. I personally think Read would be a nice fit on that line.

Truth be known, I would not mind seeing Rinaldo back in the lineup. But that may mean the 4th line in a whole might see less ice time. Wellwood has some really nice speed, but he really does not fill the net too often, does he?

I wouldn't sit Jagr, but I'd move Voracek up to G's line for 5 on 5. Jagr can stay on the powerplay but his 5 on 5 minutes have to be reduced if he can't keep up. I thought I was the only one who thought he looked REALLY slow these playoffs.

I don't foresee or want him to be re-signed. He's fulfilled his purpose here and then some, but he's looking too old to gobble up minutes that a younger guy can take (next year).

• Like 1

Wellwood has some really nice speed, but he really does not fill the net too often, does he?

No, but that's not his job, either. If the Parise line isn't scoring, (and it isn't), then Wellwood/Couturier/Talbot are doing their job. In fact, I think they spent more time in the offensive zone than the defensive, and a lot of that has to do with Wellwood's ability to get on the puck quickly on the forecheck. Any goals that line puts up are a bonus - and I think they will pot a few before the series is over based on their play.

• Like 1

I wouldn't sit anybody. I might think seriously about putting Voracek on G's line and Jagr on Briere's line though. Jake would add some jump to the first line and Briere and Jagr are the kind of crafty vets that might work well together. Jagr hasn't been doing much but he's still the kind of guy who can come up with a great pass or a big goal, I still want him in the lineup.

I wouldn't sit anybody. I might think seriously about putting Voracek on G's line and Jagr on Briere's line though. Jake would add some jump to the first line and Briere and Jagr are the kind of crafty vets that might work well together. Jagr hasn't been doing much but he's still the kind of guy who can come up with a great pass or a big goal, I still want him in the lineup.

I agree, but Jagr's been a turnover machine too.

• Like 1

I wouldn't sit Jagr, but I'd move Voracek up to G's line for 5 on 5. Jagr can stay on the powerplay but his 5 on 5 minutes have to be reduced if he can't keep up. I thought I was the only one who thought he looked REALLY slow these playoffs.

I don't foresee or want him to be re-signed. He's fulfilled his purpose here and then some, but he's looking too old to gobble up minutes that a younger guy can take (next year).

My biggest problem with Jags is he just can't hang on to the puck.

He gets it and tries some stick handling to keep it and just seems to just fumble it away...his hands just aren't there anymore regardless of his speed...his skills are so diminished he just can't contribute in the playoffs like he did in the regular season.

The playoffs everyone takes it up a notch...except for him it seems he can't or just that he was ALREADY playing his best and it's all he has left....

• Like 1

I don't want them to sit anyone but if they do I definitely don't want to see Rinaldo out there. He is too much of a target for the refs. I'd rather see Harry Z or Ben Holmstrom out there than Rinaldo.

Yeah Rinaldo will be a target for the refs and everytime he throws a hard legal check that the refs might not see and then the player crumples to the ice the refs for the benefit of the doubt it's Rinaldo the arm will go up...not fair but reality...hard to play rough these days in the orange and black.

I agree, but Jagr's been a turnover machine too.

Exactly. And it's a double whammy when he does, 'cause its often just over the blue line and he doesn't have the speed to get back on it, so he's a walking 3-on-2 giver upper.

If Yes, who dresses? Rinaldo?

Everyone needs to take a breath and maybe a shot too. It was one bad game. We had one last series too. They read into their own hype and laid an egg. That won't happen again this series. I expect the team to come out like gangbusters tonight. Nobody needs to be benched.

• Like 2

No, but that's not his job, either. If the Parise line isn't scoring, (and it isn't), then Wellwood/Couturier/Talbot are doing their job. In fact, I think they spent more time in the offensive zone than the defensive, and a lot of that has to do with Wellwood's ability to get on the puck quickly on the forecheck. Any goals that line puts up are a bonus - and I think they will pot a few before the series is over based on their play.

Parise's line isn't scoring? Parise scored in game 1 and In game 2, due to Kovalchuck being out, Deboer had to mix up his lines... Zajac/Clarkson/Elias and Parise all have scored in this series so far.

Agreed that any goals the wellwood line puts up is a bonus, but the truth is, they haven't done that yet and the Devils' go to guys continue to produce on offense.

Edited by KnucklesNilan

I know Lavy subs other guys in there for a shift or two, but why not put Rinaldo in and roll 4 lines of smashmouth hockey?

If you want the flyers to play short handed every time Rinaldo steps foot on the ice then go for it. The league has sent a message to the Flyers that in no uncertain terms, if you play Rinaldo, we will penalize you.....regardless if he does nothing wrong.......