The Old Bryz Is Back.

Guest Leach27

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Tim-Panaccio/The-OLD-Bryz-Is-Back/2/39557

He's baaaaaack.

That would be the dear, old Ilya Bryszgalov we have come to know and love in such a short time in the FLyers dressing room.

Not the censored Bryz. But the outgoing, funny, sarcastic Bryz.

Remember his meltdown after going 0-4-1 with a 4.63 goals against average and .821 save percentage?

The Flyers tried to muzzle him. Fact is, over the last two games, his post-game remarks were very bland and on TV he looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

Ah, but today, the old Bryz showed up at Skate Zone. Afterall, he is 3-0 with a 1.67 GAA and .945 save percentage in his last three games - all wins.

You've gotten your game back?

"You think? You tell me," he replied. "I cant judge myself. You see better from the top. How does it look like? If you’re satisfied. I'm satisfied.

No communication issues with the defense?

“Oh, it’s wonderful. We starting to understand each other from the half boards, from just the look," he replied with a straight face.

The Look. He threw one at Anthony SanFilippo.

Someone wanted to know if there really was some kind of issue about the Philly media vs. the Phoenix media.

"You guys have been cool to me," Bryz replied. "I have no problems with you. Of course, here there is more media. I don’t think there’s any problems with us. Everything is cool and great."

You’d tell us right?

“Oh yeah, off the record. I know some bad English words."

He's back, for sure.

If this Bryz shows up 1.67 GAA and .945 save percentage I don't care what he does or says.

If it's this Bryz 4.63 goals against average and .821 save percentage I'd prefer he focus on hockey and leave Hollywood out of it.

Edited by flyercanuck

You've gotten your game back?

"You think? You tell me," he replied. "I cant judge myself. You see better from the top. How does it look like? If you’re satisfied. I'm satisfied.

No communication issues with the defense?

“Oh, it’s wonderful. We starting to understand each other from the half boards, from just the look," he replied with a straight face.

This cracked me up big time. :lol:

I find this article a little frustrating because Tim P. once again takes a shot at management ("The Flyers tried to muzzle him") for trying to step in and do something when Bryzgalov was clearly off his game. It's not like the Flyers came in when everything was going fine and beligerently told Bryz to stop talking to the press just to flex their organizational muscle. The dude clearly needed some time and space to refocus.

Regardless of that nonsense, I'm glad that Bryz is back to playing the way we hoped he play.

Edited by Merrick

Several writers were pissed at Philly for trying to protect Bryz from the bloodthirsty media. Didn't the local AP office of sports writers (or some garbage like that) force the Flyers to lift the gag order because they said it violated the CBA?

And just think, if the writers could actually cover the sport, they wouldn't need to manufacture garbage quotes - and could get something relevant to type.

I find this article a little frustrating because Tim P. once again takes a shot at management

Definitely seems like Tim P believes he's not doing his job unless he creates some muck raking aspect to it.