outcoached or outplayed?

Guest touche22

either way we looked cooked.

both. they haven't addressed how to counteract jerseys cycle or transition. this series is over unless lavy can pull something out of his a s s all of a sudden. I would have thought that would have been addressed over the last 2 days. apparently not.

• Like 2

Coaching can come up with the plan, with all kinds of great plans, but execution is the responsibility of those playing. I don't see execution of anything tonight. They're all over the place, scrambling. No concerted attack, breakdowns on defense. New jersey is totally taking over and dictating the pace and play of this game. I still say outplayed.

Both.

Devils have been allowed to cycle without being challenged. They can keep the puck in our zone for minutes at a time. Gus and Lilja look like crap tonight. Carle, not much better. As someone else posted, the flyers should have been working on this the last couple of days. Outshot badly again. UGH!

Is Simmonds hurt or something? He looks soft and completely lost out there. The rest of the team looks gassed too. Time to start juggling line combos because this isn't working.

EDIT: Looks like Lavy is already shaking things up. Just saw a line of Jagr, Read and Schenn.

Edited by Hexy27

Is Simmonds hurt or something? He looks soft and completely lost out there. The rest of the team looks gassed too. Time to start juggling line combos because this isn't working.

EDIT: Looks like Lavy is already shaking things up. Just saw a line of Jagr, Read and Schenn.

couts out with injured knee

Did a bad line change lead to the OT game winner?

Yes, Schenn and Gus were changing at the wrong time. They left their position when the puck was at center ice (1st OT = long change).

Nope, neutral zone turnover, awful rebound directly to a Devil, bang.

Huh? Kovy had the puck for like 10 seconds before he passed it to Ponikarovsky who was breaking down the side Gus vacated. Gus hung Lilja and Bryz out to dry on that change.

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan

@touche22

perspective: the series is 2-1, two games have gone to OT, and the other was a 3-1 loss before the empty net. it's not like the flyers are getting killed out there. the devils are winning lose puck battles decidedly, but they aren't running away with anything. if game 4 goes the same way and they come back to philly at 3games to 1, then yeah, probably cooked. not yet, though. and no need to start pointing fingers at the coach or players until that happens.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure it was Briere and Simmonds at center ice for the change, B floating, S came back to the net - unless I have my plays mixed up.

Briere & Simmonds were at center ice forchecking Kovalchuck. They had no support on the left side because Schenn & Gus went for the change. Rookie(s) mistake.

@touche22

perspective: the series is 2-1, two games have gone to OT, and the other was a 3-1 loss before the empty net. it's not like the flyers are getting killed out there. the devils are winning lose puck battles decidedly, but they aren't running away with anything. if game 4 goes the same way and they come back to philly at 3games to 1, then yeah, probably cooked. not yet, though. and no need to start pointing fingers at the coach or players until that happens.

The powerplay has to capitalize.

For them to get chances in OT and not walk away with sad. I knew them number are misleading.

Giroux has to pick his game up.

The series is over but might as well say next game is must.

In my eyes.

The 3rd Dpair still getting exposed.

Byz not gobbling up rebound...just spitting juicy ones out like he has the guys out that can clean...he doesn't see that skating GLACIER in front of him know as Lilja??????

Jeeeeesssssssssssuuuusssssssss!

Had to actually go out and purchase liquor for the next game..had been strictly beer up until this point.