Flyers Vs Tampa

Guest Leach27

Tampa don't look good at the moment but are due a win and the Panthers are playing surprisingly well with our old mate Versteeg. It should be an interesting trip.

And remember, what happens in Florida stays in Florida. Oh wait...........

Historically you are correct....we do not do well against Tampa. However, this flyers team is much different than ones in the past. I think it should be a very good game with the O&B coming out with 2 points.

You can always count on Meltzer for a good game day read.

What's everybody's thought? A wild west shooting gallery like last year, or a controlled game?

I really hope the Bryzgalov of late shows up and Pronger actually plays. We need a solid win after all this time off.

You can always count on Meltzer for a good game day read.

What's everybody's thought? A wild west shooting gallery like last year, or a controlled game?

I really hope the Bryzgalov of late shows up and Pronger actually plays. We need a solid win after all this time off.

I think it's another shooting gallery.

I hope they play for all 60 minutes. That has been one of the biggest issues, not keeping the pedal down. Bryz needs to stay focused too. The 2 goals at the end of the CBJ game was a combination of slacking defense and nonchalant goal tending (at the end of that game). I realize that it is hard to stay focused when you have a 7 goal lead but still.....

Records

Flyers: 8-4-2 (Second in the Atlantic Division, Fourth in the Eastern Conference)

Lightning: 7-5-2 (Second in the Southeast Division, Seventh in the Eastern Conference)

Previous games

The Flyers stomped all over the last-place Blue Jackets with a 9-2 victory Saturday night to improve their home record to 4-3-2. It was the team's highest-scoring game since Feb. 6, 1997 in a 9-5 win over Montreal.

The Lightning are coming off a shootout win over the Florida Panthers Sunday night. Down three goals, the Bolts came back to win off of Dominic Moore's shootout goal.

Who's hot?

Jaromir Jagr notched two points against the Blue Jackets to extend his point streak to seven games and bring his total to 15 points on the season. He has recorded 69 points (31 goals, 38 assists) against Tampa Bay in his career.

Vincent Lecavalier has notched at least a point in seven of his past nine games with a total of five goals and nine points during that span. Of Lecavalier's six goals this season, four of them have been game-winners.

Storylines

The Flyers look to continue their hot road start (4-1-0) but it will be difficult with the Lightning going for their fifth straight home win this season.

Flyers captain Chris Pronger will be a game-time decision after missing the last six games with an eye injury. He will wear a visor when he returns.

Tampa Bay hopes to continue its recent success against Philadelphia. Last season, the Lightning nearly swept the Flyers but lost in a shootout in their fourth and final meeting.

Injuries

Flyers: Matt Read (upper body).

Lightning: Mattias Ohlund (knee, Injured Reserve), Ryan Malone (upper body, day-to-day) and Victor Hedman (upper body, day-to-day).

Sound off

Are you surprised that the Flyers lead the NHL in goals with 56?

• 9 years later...
On 11/9/2011 at 9:27 AM, flyerrod said:

I hope they play for all 60 minutes. That has been one of the biggest issues, not keeping the pedal down. Bryz needs to stay focused too. The 2 goals at the end of the CBJ game was a combination of slacking defense and nonchalant goal tending (at the end of that game). I realize that it is hard to stay focused when you have a 7 goal lead but still.....

Funny looking back this morning with the same core and a decade later we have the same questions.

Has to be the coach's fault. Right??? Maybe the loss of the broad street bullies is what brought this on.

And Rod haven't talked to in a while last time we spoke your wife wasn't doing well i hope things are better now wherever you are bud. We miss you here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Funny looking back this morning with the same core and a decade later we have the same questions.

Has to be the coach's fault. Right??? Maybe the loss of the broad street bullies is what brought this on

Of course. You can't blame players for lack of performance, its a business after all.

• Haha 3

Just now, SCFlyguy said:

If Tampa wins the Cup they will be a more successful, impactful franchise than the Flyers despite only existing for half the time.

kinda like what the Flyers did to the Maple Leefs when they entered the league

• 2 weeks later...

With the Cap circumventions and players gonna be owed....Tampa is gonna blow up soon. This will probably be their last year and will fizzle away, just like Chicago, just like L.A. and look at Detroit now....Pittsburgh...is that you out there.....?

5 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

With the Cap circumventions and players gonna be owed....Tampa is gonna blow up soon. This will probably be their last year and will fizzle away, just like Chicago, just like L.A. and look at Detroit now....Pittsburgh...is that you out there.....?

Yeah but at least they may have two Cups to show for it.

3 in 16 years.

Flyers are going to blow it up too and don't even have back to back playoff appearances to show for it much less a Cup.

🤬

• Uggh... 1

7 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Imagine naming yourself after a short-lived Flyers line that never accomplished anything, yet dissing more successful franchises that actually won multiple cups. 

On 6/24/2021 at 2:03 PM, CoachX said:

Of course. You can't blame players for lack of performance, its a business after all.

i think the question is how do we be like tampa? they have top 5 d, we dont, they have goaltending, our goaltending is a question mark, they have goal scoring, we dont. everything is the opposite. we need three elite goal scorers, 2 top 5 d and an elite goalie. we can emulate that, question is can fletch get rid of the contracts and bring in 3 elite talents and sign another top 5 d, if he can do that then we will be cup contenders.