Flyers Vs Tampa

Guest Leach27

7 minutes ago, CoachX said:

right now we are two years away from being #2

In 97 they were just outclassed and not deep enough but in 03 it really makes me wonder what would have been had Roenick not broken Rico's arm and the rest of the defense not been injured.

We'll never be able to prove it but i think they could have beat the Flames. Guess we can always dream.

And of course in 2010 what if Emery never got hurt and they had a legit goalie???

I don't think i'll ever see a Cup in my life time...

:beer:

• Uggh... 1

10 minutes ago, CoachX said:

i think you will. Im expecting a surprising off season and complete team makeover. Steps in the right direction

Yeah we'll see.

Tampa has 2 first round picks on their team that were drafted since 2011.

Flyers have 13.

So yeah i guess it isn't all about first round talent....it is about just talent and the team playing as a team and doing whatever it takes to win it all. 

• Like 1

I think its about buliding a complete team, as opposed to plug and play. We all know the Flyers always over value their players and under value their needs. It's just "draft that one superstar and the rest will fall in line". Of course that only works if you draft number 1, which they never do.

I get that hardly anyone here thinks Fletcher will do a good job. Lucky for me that I don't follow GM's well enough to know the difference. So I will give him benefit of doubt. But, I think the Flyers finally realize they can't hide the **** under the carpet. Its out there for all to see. So they will be forced to make changes.

I have hope

:bonkingheadonwall:

On 7/5/2021 at 6:38 AM, SCFlyguy said:

Imagine naming yourself after a short-lived Flyers line that never accomplished anything, yet dissing more successful franchises that actually won multiple cups. 

Who the hell is dissing franchises? Reading comprehension much? When did I diss anything? Get your head out your ass and read more clearly. I said that the winning team cannot keep it going because of stupid cap rules so everyone can have a participation trophy. I don't give a rats ass that Flyers won 2 Cups in 10 ions. All those teams I stated had to gut their team due to stupid arbitrary rules that don't let Teams keep their hard earned work through drafting or player acquisitions.

Tampa played the NHL with their cap circumvention....GOOD FOR THEM. And I applaud them for figuring out a way to do it. Flyers use to be in that boat almost every year and would work it out.

"Imagine naming yourself after a short-lived Flyers line that never accomplished anything..." Who the hell are you the internet Karen imagining things for other people? If I wanted to name myself "The Legion of Barney the Telletuby Slayer" who the hell are you numnuts, another keyboard warrior getting his panties in a bunch, over a comment. Relax Rita.... don't spill your drink over dumb things.

All I stated were facts. All those teams had to loose after they won and that is stupid in the way the NHL is run. Everyone should keep on fielding the best they have and not have to have one hand tied behind their backs because they keep knocking out fools who challenge them.

• Thanks 1

NP. I'll man up when I see I've misspoke.

Another problem is the GM not throwing the offersheet around.

I'm not 100 percent in favor of that tactic, but they put that in place to use and no one wants to use it.

The cap should be based on team revenue maybe so everyone has a cao in place.

There for it meets the criteria of having a cap in place.

This is a business. This is sports.

Let's put a cap on Amazon, Tim Hortons and Walmart because they are taking too much of the market from Wawas... doesn't

make sense.

10 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

This is a business. This is sports.

Let's put a cap on Amazon, Tim Hortons and Walmart because they are taking too much of the market from Wawas... doesn't

make sense.

That'd not even close to the same thing, but to use the analogy it was Amazon, Tim Horton's and Wallmart that WANTED the hard cap and took away a season and a half of hockey to make sure they got it.

That's the business decision that the businessmen running the sport decided on.

And Snider and Comcast were among the most vocal and demanding of all the franchises in support of the cap.

I should have put quotes on the statement "This is a business...."  I'm not in agreement with that business philosophy of the big companies but yes they where instrumental in adding cap hell to this league as a reality for teams.

Maybe it should be reconsidered to raise the limit a team can go over if signing their own drafted players by 20 percent so that every team can trade/sign new players up to so much in cap space but have a luxury amount in cap to sign and keep their own drafted talent.

Edited by LegionOfDoom