Matt Carle

Guest touche22

Once the playoffs are done one of the first announcements I can't wait for the Flyers to make is that they won't be tendering him an offer. He doesn't deserve what he makes now much less the supposed raise he is due. I don't care about that goal he scored, the dude blows on D. Soft play lead to the first goal. No hustle lead to another goal (forget which but he should've been back to the net and wasn't). He was skating around like he had bricks in his skates and when the play was obviously his, I would've liked to have seen more urgency. Of course it'll turnout to be an undisclosed injury that supporters will eventually point to as to why he blew but I've been watching him do this for a while. Cr*ap the bed but then make up for it every now and again with a nice offensive play. Play D, stop being a pu*ssy and put a body on people, enough of this swatting at it with the stick, especially by the crease. it's the effin' POs Carle, or did you forget?

You know, I have to say that I agree. While he does bring many positives, it's just hard not to point to him on so many irksome goals against where you look at the play, and say, 'Carle could have done more/something/anything to prevent that goal.' And after the pucks in the net, here he comes drifting around the post hunched over with his stick across his thighs. His pairing with Pronger was good. Pronger is preeminent in every aspect that carle is weak. Have we seen him paired with Grossmann yet? Might help, but I think with more development/playing time Gus can fill what Carle brings on the + side, and Carle can take his 5 mill. $$

demands elsewhere.

Edited by jackhole

Even I was yelling at Carel tonight. He got lucky on the shot, and then he got beat like a rented mule. If only he was Canadian. He'd be tougher.

I've been telling you this about Carle for years..if you only would listen to me..

if he doesn't resign here, he'll be missed. we'll wonder why we're having a hard time getting out of our zone, wondering why that new guy didn't pinch.

it's fine to hate on him, we are after all philly sports fans, but i can't help but think whomever the flyers sign to replace him will be the same type player, who will do the same type things, maybe the new guy will have a better shot, but will be charmin soft in the d-zone and you'll all be longing for Carle's 5.5 mil game.

careful what you wish for is all i'm saying , if we tender an offer to suter for big money or swing a deal for yandle, you will all hate their game and contracts just as much as Carle.

if he doesn't resign here, he'll be missed. we'll wonder why we're having a hard time getting out of our zone, wondering why that new guy didn't pinch.

it's fine to hate on him, we are after all philly sports fans, but i can't help but think whomever the flyers sign to replace him will be the same type player, who will do the same type things, maybe the new guy will have a better shot, but will be charmin soft in the d-zone and you'll all be longing for Carle's 5.5 mil game.

careful what you wish for is all i'm saying , if we tender an offer to suter for big money or swing a deal for yandle, you will all hate their game and contracts just as much as Carle.

Sorry not by me.

Regardless of his offensive prowess (if you can even say that) he is a defensive liability.

Now is he better than Lilja of course, can't stand him either.

But it is time to let Carle go trade his rights before the enrty draft...move on.

Spend his money on someone else.

Gus is just as good as Carle.

Maybe they can find a prospect hiding under a rock. No way they can sign him for more than what Coburn is making especially as SOFT as he is.

• Like 1

Gus is just as good as Carle

you don't really think that, do you ?

i guess you do. i disagree, strongly.

my point <> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- this is how far you missed it by.

who would the flyers replace his minutes with ? keep in mind we're talking top 4 minutes 22-25 a night minutes.

think hard, because there aren't a lot of good options, there's more expensive carle, (suter) there's costing a lot of assets carle (the only exclusion is weber and could we get him to sign here ?) and a bunch of guys that aren't as good who would sign for carle money (subban,jackman et al)

Edited by mojo1917

you don't really think that, do you ?

i guess you do. i disagree, strongly.

my point <> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- this is how far you missed it by.

who would the flyers replace his minutes with ? keep in mind we're talking top 4 minutes 22-25 a night minutes.

think hard, because there aren't a lot of good options, there's more expensive carle, (suter) there's costing a lot of assets carle (the only exclusion is weber and could we get him to sign here ?) and a bunch of guys that aren't as good who would sign for carle money (subban,jackman et al)

Seems with the who would take his place you missed the whole Gus can replace Carle part.

HHHhhhmmm.

Not sure how you missed that but oh well.

Yes Gus i believe can do everything Carle has and can do.

Gus can play big minutes and play soft around the net and lose his guy down low and chase the puck and get pushed all over the crease and shoot wide of the net....we don't have to pay Carle all that money...just let Gus do it for cheap.

Carle sucks goat balls. Carle is no where as good without Pronger.

I'm tired of watching him get pushed around and play with his head up his a$$$...let a young kid do that no need to play someone 4-5mill a year to see that Gus can do it for 900K.

If you like him fine, we agree to disagree.

Maybe he should latch on to forwards like the Devils defense? Especially Salvador on JVR...

That is actually a good idea unfortunately he's wearing orange and black so that will be called. :D

@OccamsRazor

the drop off from carle to gustaffson would be significant, i didn't miss that part of your post, i considered it foolhardy... IMO Gus is not ready for big minutes and if you hate carle now you'll really hate gus next year by january. Gus is an NHL player, he's not a top 4, on our team, but he's a solid 5/6,

so again i ask if carle walks, and if he's looking for a pay day he will and you'll be happy, who would you like to see as his replacement ? because i guarandamn tee you, you won't be pleased with gus playing carle's minutes.

Seems with the who would take his place you missed the whole Gus can replace Carle part.

HHHhhhmmm.

Not sure how you missed that but oh well.

Yes Gus i believe can do everything Carle has and can do.

Gus can play big minutes and play soft around the net and lose his guy down low and chase the puck and get pushed all over the crease and shoot wide of the net....we don't have to pay Carle all that money...just let Gus do it for cheap.

Carle sucks goat balls. Carle is no where as good without Pronger.

I'm tired of watching him get pushed around and play with his head up his a$$$...let a young kid do that no need to play someone 4-5mill a year to see that Gus can do it for 900K.

If you like him fine, we agree to disagree.

I started typing this yesterday and deleted it. Today I'll finish it.

I'm sure glad you aren't the coach or the GM because you don't have a clue when it come to evaluating a player's *worth* to the team. You're suggesting Carle is not a big bruising D-man...Get over it! We all know that. Not every D-man is.

You keep saying he is nowhere near as good whithout Pronger. Really? How do you explain the fact that he led the entire team in Time On Ice in the regular season by a full minute per game? Maybe the GM & the coaching staff should be fired for letting that happen? They obviously don't know what's best for the team.

In the playoffs, Carle is #2 behind Coburn with 5 mins more ice time per game that Timmonen. IMHO, Coburn is #1 because he is more physical and that's the only reason.

You saying replace Carle with Gus is on the same level as saying replace Giroux with Harry Z because Z is faster. Think about that for a minute.

Mojo said it best earlier. Be careful what you wish for....

I started typing this yesterday and deleted it. Today I'll finish it.

I'm sure glad you aren't the coach or the GM because you don't have a clue when it come to evaluating a player's *worth* to the team. You're suggesting Carle is not a big bruising D-man...Get over it! We all know that. Not every D-man is.

You keep saying he is nowhere near as good whithout Pronger. Really? How do you explain the fact that he led the entire team in Time On Ice in the regular season by a full minute per game? Maybe the GM & the coaching staff should be fired for letting that happen? They obviously don't know what's best for the team.

In the playoffs, Carle is #2 behind Coburn with 5 mins more ice time per game that Timmonen. IMHO, Coburn is #1 because he is more physical and that's the only reason.

You saying replace Carle with Gus is on the same level as saying replace Giroux with Harry Z because Z is faster. Think about that for a minute.

Mojo said it best earlier. Be careful what you wish for....

Pat attention...i can't minutes are just that. Nothing more.

I actually watched those minutes. I don't care what stats you quote. He sucks balls!

So by that mind set...

Lilja led the team in the first round verse the Penswith blocked shots...so he's defesive guru you say???

Watch the game pay attention.

Dude is a liabilty.

He can go after this season as far as i'm concerned.

But if you want to look at some stat page and fall in love with him that is your business have at it.

We just agree to disagree.

Is he Ryan Parent no but i'm just tired of watching him get beat.

Now he isn't the only he just stands out in a bad way like Danny B in the defensive zone but he plays defense like he learned it from Carle.

Edited by OccamsRazor

@OccamsRazor

the drop off from carle to gustaffson would be significant, i didn't miss that part of your post, i considered it foolhardy... IMO Gus is not ready for big minutes and if you hate carle now you'll really hate gus next year by january. Gus is an NHL player, he's not a top 4, on our team, but he's a solid 5/6,

so again i ask if carle walks, and if he's looking for a pay day he will and you'll be happy, who would you like to see as his replacement ? because i guarandamn tee you, you won't be pleased with gus playing carle's minutes.

It's a chance we'll have to take cause right now I'M NOT HAPPY WITH CARLE PLAYING CARLE'S MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!

They'll be able to find a cheaper replacement if they don't think Gus is ready.

Bourdon has shown flashes of play good solid n minutes but his head is a problem and he's RFA.

So they'll find someone.

Like i said i may not like him but i don't like CARLE NOW!

There is no way he should make more than Coby somewhere between what he's making now and what Coby resigned for...no more...just trade his rights (if they are worth something)

Pat attention...i can't minutes are just that. Nothing more.

I actually watched those minutes. I don't care what stats you quote. He sucks balls!

So by that mind set...

Lilja led the team in the first round verse the Penswith blocked shots...so he's defesive guru you say???

Watch the game pay attention.

Dude is a liabilty.

He can go after this season as far as i'm concerned.

But if you want to look at some stat page and fall in love with him that is your business have at it.

We just agree to disagree.

Is he Ryan Parent no but i'm just tired of watching him get beat.

Now he isn't the only he just stands out in a bad way like Danny B in the defensive zone but he plays defense like he learned it from Carle.

You pay attention. The coaching staff (and many on this board) disagree with you! If he sucs as bad as you say he does, he wouldn't be out there!!