2 weak goals again by Bryz

Guest RonJeremy

First goal was totally weak, Bryz as usual, too deep in the net , not challenging and square to the shooter, puck trickles through his arm. Third goal, Bryz is as usual, uanware of whats going around the net on and is too slow in reacting as Parise stuffs in the puck. He gets beat in the same types of situations and same types of shots CONSTANTLY, he has done NOTHING to rectify his mistakes.You would think he would make some adjustments over the season, but he makes the same mistakes over and over. This guy just does not have what it takes, if the is any CBA escape clause I hope we use it. This guy has yet to show any consoistency or steal some games for us, the way Lundquist does for the Rangers and other top goalies do.

• Like 3

wow. carle screened him on the first, kovalchuk wide open between the circles on the 2nd. idiot flyers fans as usual. bryz kept this team in it (again) while the flyers got badly outplayed (again).

do you have a button on your keyboards that says "its the goalies fault"?

• Like 1

We havent had a real goalie since Pelle Linbergh, read my post tool, I never mentioned the second goal. I said the first and third. Bryz is not a money goalie thats the bottom line. Henrik Lundquist is a real goalie. Bryz is just another in the long line of mediocre goalies weve had for the past 25 plus years, only difference he is also grossly overpaid, the other bums we had didnt have 10 year contracts

We havent had a real goalie since Pelle Linbergh, read my post tool, I never mentioned the second goal. I said the first and third. Bryz is not a money goalie thats the bottom line. Henrik Lundquist is a real goalie. Bryz is just another in the long line of mediocre goalies weve had for the past 25 plus years, only difference he is also grossly overpaid, the other bums we had didnt have 10 year contracts

amen man.. i was just telling my wife that. the flyers have not had a solid goaltender since lindbergh. cursed!?

Is it wrong of me to want something bad to happen to Bryz, like a car wreck, a bear mauling, something, anything??? Oh, wait. Who am I kidding. Bad things only happen to our great goalies. Or at least the last great goalie we had. Hextall was good, but not great. Nobody could match him for his heart and desire. The man was a beast. Not overly skilled, but his passion made up for it.

wow. carle screened him on the first, kovalchuk wide open between the circles on the 2nd. idiot flyers fans as usual. bryz kept this team in it (again) while the flyers got badly outplayed (again).

And the game WINNER?

"wow. carle screened him on the first, kovalchuk wide open between the circles on the 2nd. idiot flyers fans as usual. bryz kept this team in it (again) while the flyers got badly outplayed (again).

do you have a button on your keyboards that says "its the goalies fault"?"

Bryz is that you????

"If they win this series it willbe in spite of Bryzgalov not because of him. Having said all that not much coming from the rest of the team lately."

Bryz can take his fair share of the blame, but like you said not a heck of a lot being done by the rest of the team. NJ forecheck is tenacious, causing panick and t/o's by our dmen. They are way quicker to the puck and winning the battles for the puck in all 3 zones, it's almost like we played a 7 game series and only had 2 days off. Giroux, Hartnell and Kimmo look gassed or injured, Jagr is non existent. Their stars are stepping up, ours aren't.

Yawn.

Flyers mail in two and a half periods and it's the goalie's fault.

Put a team in front playing 60 minutes and I'll have time to discuss whether it's "the goalie's fault".

• Like 3

Yawn.

Put a team in front playing 60 minutes and I'll have time to discuss whether it's "the goalie's fault".

Amen! I getting sick of this "its always the goalies fault". The TEAM sucked! How about all the good saves he made to keep them in the last 2 games? Everyone talks about the team not having confidence in Bryz. Bryz shouldn't have confidence in the team in front of him...

• Like 1

First goal was totally weak, Bryz as usual, too deep in the net , not challenging and square to the shooter, puck trickles through his arm. Third goal, Bryz is as usual, uanware of whats going around the net on and is too slow in reacting as Parise stuffs in the puck. He gets beat in the same types of situations and same types of shots CONSTANTLY, he has done NOTHING to rectify his mistakes.You would think he would make some adjustments over the season, but he makes the same mistakes over and over. This guy just does not have what it takes, if the is any CBA escape clause I hope we use it. This guy has yet to show any consoistency or steal some games for us, the way Lundquist does for the Rangers and other top goalies do.

you can analyze every goal Bryz allowed but bottom line is he kept us in the last 2 games..our defence is horrible and offence is non exisistant.. Bryz has been hung out to dry 90% of this series..not his fault

• Like 1

Amen! I getting sick of this "its always the goalies fault". The TEAM sucked! How about all the good saves he made to keep them in the last 2 games? Everyone talks about the team not having confidence in Bryz. Bryz shouldn't have confidence in the team in front of him...

This really can't be overstated. For all those who wail and gnash teeth about "bad goals" - how about bad clears, bad turnovers, bad coverage, bad line changes, bad penalties, losing puck battles, losing races...

How about two very bad, no good, horrible games?

How about two power plays in overtime that weren't converted?

How about beaing outhit in the last two games?

How about being outshot in six of the last seven periods (including overtime)?

• Like 1

Screen? What screen? Carle stepped aside, Bryz had a 10 foot clear view and it trickle thru his damn arms.

Screen? What screen? Carle stepped aside, Bryz had a 10 foot clear view and it trickle thru his damn arms.

Minor facts have no bearing on opinions! If the team was trying harder, a magic force field will appear and keep pucks out of the net.

It's not February. That was leaving a goalie out to dry, as well as that Bob offering against Pit. In the playoffs, the goalie has to be a difference to win a tight game. Dare I think, even, steal a game?!

This really can't be overstated. For all those who wail and gnash teeth about "bad goals" - how about bad clears, bad turnovers, bad coverage, bad line changes, bad penalties, losing puck battles, losing races...

How about two very bad, no good, horrible games?

How about two power plays in overtime that weren't converted?

How about beaing outhit in the last two games?

How about being outshot in six of the last seven periods (including overtime)?

Ya, you're right. It the coaches fault! :rolleyes:

How about all the good saves he made to keep them in the last 2 games?

i can't figure out which ones you are talking about. the ones that keep hitting him in the chest? i mean, great, yeah, his positioning is good...which, i would think, should simply be expected from an NHL goaltender... which saves were the really great ones? he isn't picking up any slack beyond what you would hope a professional goaltender in the most elite league in the world would pick up. if he starts making actually impressive saves, ones that should have been goals but the goalie was just *that* good, then maybe i start giving him the benefit of the doubt on the not-so-great goals he is still consistently allowing. if jonathan quick fails to get back to the post to stop a stuff attempt from behind the net, well, he's earned a little leeway from the amazing stuff he is pulling off the rest of the game. the fact that bryzgalov tends to be square to shots most of the time doesn't afford him the same, imo.

with all of that said, the 18 skaters in front of him did not deserve to win games 2 or 3, so the "L"'s are not bryzgalov's fault. the flyers are losing as a 20 man team right now. he certainly doesn't get a pass, though.

Yawn.

Bingo!

And please do not let Lilja see any ice time the rest of this series. The Devils forwards much just kill each other trying to get off the bench when they see #6 out there. It's a GA just waiting to happen.

i can't figure out which ones you are talking about. the ones that keep hitting him in the chest? i mean, great, yeah, his positioning is good...which, i would think, should simply be expected from an NHL goaltender... which saves were the really great ones? he isn't picking up any slack beyond what you would hope a professional goaltender in the most elite league in the world would pick up. if he starts making actually impressive saves, ones that should have been goals but the goalie was just *t

hat* good, then maybe i start giving him the benefit of the doubt on the not-so-great goals he is still consistently allowing. if jonathan quick fails to get back to the post to stop a stuff attempt from behind the net, well, he's earned a little leeway from the amazing stuff he is pulling off the rest of the game. the fact that bryzgalov tends to be square to shots most of the time doesn't afford him the same, imo.

with all of that said, the 18 skaters in front of him did not deserve to win games 2 or 3, so the "L"'s are not bryzgalov's fault. the flyers are losing as a 20 man team right now. he certainly doesn't get a pass, though.

I admit, i didn't even read your response fully. You are a negative, negative, negative person. If you SERIOUSLY think he has not kept them in these two games you have no hockey credibility left, which you had little of to begin with. You argue for the sake of arguing and I have no time for that! Idaho signing off...