Perspective

Guest trevluk

Most of us did not expect the Flyers to make a Cup run this year. I know that I was really only hoping that they could make the playoffs and get through maybe one round to get this young team some very valuable experience. They have done exactly that, knocking off our nemesis and Cup favorite Pens in the process. Now we are locked in a battle with the hated Devils and have not been playing good hockey at all but the series is still only 2-1. If the Flyers can find their groove again it is still very possible to win the series, but if not they still have had a good season and this team shows a ton of promise for the near future. If they do pull this out and win this series, it is only going to harder from here, so we will truly find out what this team is made of.

GO FLYERS!!!

PS- another perspective - at least we are not Vancouver or St Louis fans right now who all expected that this was going to be their year!

Edited by trevluk
  • Like 1

it's amazing what the Flyers have been able to do considering what went down in the off season. Even more so considering the expectations and what happened, strong D and Goal tending was supposed to make up for an unknown front line and the exact opposite happened.

the Flyers survived a war with Pitts and were thought to sail through to the ECF.

They have apparently taken their opponent lightly but they can still recover.

If the SC ends up being something other than Flyers/Kings would be a real shame. The story lines would be ridiculous.

• Like 1

@trevluk

I hear what you're saying, however, I fully expected them to beat the Devils. And they should'be, after I saw what they can do in the Pitts series.

The difference in the Devils series so far and the Pens series is little bit better goaltending [brodeur compared to Fleury] and way better defense.

Most of us did not expect the Flyers to make a Cup run this year

doesnt matter. once you're in the playoffs and you have the better team (which is debatable but i think the flyers are a little bit deeper than the devs) you wan tto move on. you think the devils expected to make a cup run this year? st louis? tampa last year. gotta take every opportunity like its your last. a loss in this series would sting-----BAD.

sure sure.. we could not expect them to win the cup this year... BUT, the scenario after beating the pens makes it very favorable for a deep run. everything was going according to plan after game 1, but it's falling apart. the debbies were not supposed to beat us. i think we all... flyers included looked past the debbies.

Still hoping for Flyers vs. Kings.

Giroux needs to assert himself again & lead the way (like Mike Richards did last night for the Kings). It's what [future] captains do.

andy,

the people who arent morons knew what richards was. for this year alone id rather have him than schenn and simmonds but for the future hopefully schenn is a better richards. cannon had a gordie howe hat trick in the playoffs last night. big game player, always has been

andy,

the people who arent morons knew what richards was. for this year alone id rather have him than schenn and simmonds but for the future hopefully schenn is a better richards. cannon had a gordie howe hat trick in the playoffs last night. big game player, always has been

I'm still a big Richards fan.

If (and I hope it doesn't happen this way) the Kings make the Finals and are playing a team other than the Flyers, I will be rooting hard for the Kings (Flyers West) to win the Cup.

i like the kings and they are def a good team. but, holy crap if they get to the cup final(which looks like a strong possibility) and it's the rangers? that's a nightmare scenario. i just can't stomach carter and richards winning the cup the first year after they're gone. but, worse, i can't stomach the rangers. go coyotes!?

go coyotes!?

And that possibility has some rob too, actually. Can you imagine Mike Smith winning the Cup and Bryzgalov losing to the Devils? That would be sort of difficult to stomach too.

this team has exceeded my expectations by so far it is not even funny. that said, i'd still like for them to beat the devils because i think they are the more talented team.

but if the devils are too hot, or too big or whatever they are and the flyers are eliminated from the tournament, i'll be pleased with this version of the team and excited for the future.