Lines for Game 4

Guest hf101

The practice lines on today were as follows:

van Riemsdyk-Giroux-Simmonds

Read-Schenn-Jagr

Hartnell-Briere-Voracek

Rinaldo-Talbot-Wellwood

Meszaros practiced with Lilja and later Gustafsson. Looks as if Mez is a real possibility for game 4, he was the first player on the ice today.

Couturier is apparently out for game 4, he only skated for a few minutes before practice today but did not practice with the team.

I don't know. Is changing things now the best idea? I realize things are not working but they are not working due to a combination of injuries guys are playing through and flat out not giving 100%. Not because of bad lines. It must be remembered though, a player can only give 100% of his capacity and if they are hurt, that might be 60-70% of their normal effort and so to us it looks like they are not giving 100%... Just sayin...

@Jmdodgesrt4

I'd rather have sestito in the line up instead of Rinaldo.

I've heard that Sestito is ready to play according to his agent, Rinaldo though is probably in better game shape. I think having Mezsaros back could make the biggest difference in game 4.

@Jmdodgesrt4

I've heard that Sestito is ready to play according to his agent, Rinaldo though is probably in better game shape. I think having Mezsaros back could make the biggest difference in game 4.

But is he still hurting or even CLOSE to game shape/timing? I guess you play him if you got him but 1st game back a crucial game 4 scares me.

I would think a less than 100% Meszaros is better than Lilja any day. Lilja was a -2 thursday.

I would sit Gus instead. He just looks lost to me. He's fumbling the puck and whiffing on passes. On top of that, the incredibly bad line change that cost them the game.

• Like 1

I would sit Gus instead. He just looks lost to me. He's fumbling the puck and whiffing on passes. On top of that, the incredibly bad line change that cost them the game.

True. Both Schenn and Gus were at fault.....Youth, inexperience. But thus far Gus is a +4 for the playoffs and Lilja a -5.

I guess it then is up to what is needed more, I would think Gus's speed has more advantages than Lilja. Especially if Gus becomes the 6th d-man.

Since Mez played with both Lilja and Gus today it will be interesting to see what Lavy's decision will be.

True. Both Schenn and Gus were at fault.....Youth, inexperience. But thus far Gus is a +4 for the playoffs and Lilja a -5.

I guess it then is up to what is needed more, I would think Gus's speed has more advantages than Lilja. Especially if Gus becomes the 6th d-man.

Since Mez played with both Lilja and Gus today it will be interesting to see what Lavy's decision will be.

OK, you do your research...

What are your 2 most likely 3 defensive pairings?

Too bad Couturier is out. Huge loss... Stinking Volchenkov really knew what he was doing.

Lilja has to sit. The guy is absolutely awful. He's been awful since he came to the NHL. That was one deal where I thought Homer was winging it.

Too bad Couturier is out. Huge loss... Stinking Volchenkov really knew what he was doing.

What does Volchenkov have to do with it? Couts was tied up with Clarkson and came out of it limping. Am I missing something? Clarkson didn't do anything to hurt Couts, it just kind of happened.

What does Volchenkov have to do with it? Couts was tied up with Clarkson and came out of it limping. Am I missing something? Clarkson didn't do anything to hurt Couts, it just kind of happened.

I watched a replay and you are right. There was a moment in the game where I though Volchenkov clipped him, but yes, he got tangled up with Clarkson and got a skate cut.

Read-Schenn-Jagr

Hartnell-Briere-Voracek

Rinaldo-Talbot-Wellwood

Hmmm.....Simmonds has been ineffective for the entire playoff so far, so I'm having trouble seeing him go first line. Dropping Jags down makes sense because frankly he's looked slow since game 4 of the last series, but is JVR the answer there? I dunno.....coach trying to light a spark. Frankly guys just need to start doing their damn jobs, lay a hit in the defensive zone to break up the cycling that NJ is somehow killing them with.

The practice lines on today were as follows:

Read-Schenn-Jagr

Hartnell-Briere-Voracek

Rinaldo-Talbot-Wellwood

Meszaros practiced with Lilja and later Gustafsson. Looks as if Mez is a real possibility for game 4, he was the first player on the ice today.

Couturier is apparently out for game 4, he only skated for a few minutes before practice today but did not practice with the team.

After reading his words it's not encouraging of him playing he is not ready.

He doesn't sound confident he's ready(healed) it will depend on today's game...if they lose with nothing else to lose then you may see him.

But if they win you won't see him, they are waiting till they HAVE to play him to surive and they are not there yet.

Today's game is HUGE.

Would love for them to win and not add pressure to a still not ready rear guard.

I believe they win, too much talent for this so-so Devil group to hold them back.

They haven't lost 3 games in a row ALL SEASON can't see them staring now.

After reading his words it's not encouraging of him playing he is not ready.

He doesn't sound confident he's ready(healed) it will depend on today's game...if they lose with nothing else to lose then you may see him.

I read the same comments. I wouldn't get back in there just yet if I was him. Don't fuc*k with you back man, your senior years will thank you