Coots to play!

Guest pilldoc

According to Sam Carchidi on Twitter @BroadStBull from philly.com, Coots is gonna be in the line-up tonight.

Update: Sean Couturier has made a quick recovery from a leg injury and is expected to play in New Jersey on Sunday night.

The rookie center took part in the morning skate. Officially, the Flyers say he will be a game-time decision.

Defenseman Andrej Meszaros has been ruled out for tonight.

Just passing on the info.

Hopefully he will be at or near 100%. The need his FO wins that he generates.

Yeah.

Hope he is ready.

Hard to believe a 19 year old forward can be so CRITICAL but he may be the best defensive forward this team has (i think so).

What a steal in the draft!!!!

Thanks Winnipeg for passing on him!!!!!!!!!

Thank God for Mono too! It cut short his junior hockey season and allowed him to drop. Remember entering his last year of junior hockey he was projected as a top 3 pick. Also thank god for Columbus taking Carter off our hands and giving us the #8 pick overall.

• Like 1

@OccamsRazor

I was laughing at the strangeness of that this morning too, when was the last time you remember being in round 2 and bemoaning the loss of your 19 year old first round draft pick of the previous summer?

I admit i haven't watched hockey as long as some on here but for myself it's the first i remember. He dad must have spent alot of time with him as a kid just teaching him the game. Some fo the things i've seen him do sometimes you just can't teach. Amazing he without doubt is Captain material in the future.

But would not even think to burden him with that before G, DannyB (i won't consider him till he picks up his defensive play)or Kimmo first.

He dad must have spent alot of time with him as a kid just teaching him the game.

The Flyers need to figure out where Couturier picked up his head for the game. If it was dad, the Flyers should hire the man; he's a genius! if it was a coach in juniors, the Flyers should take a good look at that program; someone there definitely knows how to develop talent. Realistically, Coots is probably just blessed with rare God-given skill and we just need to be happy he fell to the Flyers at #8. He should be a lot of fun to watch when his offensive game catches up with his defensive smarts.

He dad must have spent alot of time with him as a kid just teaching him the game.

Obviously he did, but I think a lot of it is just time spent around the game. Growing up in the rinks where his dad played, Phoenix, Germany, etc.

Time spent at the rink, time spent with a stick in your hand, time spent with a puck, time spent on skates. It all adds up to skills etc, but what's interesting is how it all adds up to hockey sense/IQ/smarts.

Speaking of time, it's refill o'clock!