Watching the wall being hit?

Guest jackhole

Are we just seeing the kids and the geezers hit the wall? Beyond the rookies, we have youngsters who haven't seen playoff action untill this year. I mean we aren't even getting the puck up ice, shot totals are far below our average from the season, Jagr is a shell of the player we saw in the 1st half of the season, nobody is aggressive on the puck waiting to react to what the devils do. I think there are too many things absent in terms of team play to pin any one issue to fix in the offseason (not that there aren't things to tweak).

Are we just seeing the kids and the geezers hit the wall? Beyond the rookies, we have youngsters who haven't seen playoff action untill this year. I mean we aren't even getting the puck up ice, shot totals are far below our average from the season, Jagr is a shell of the player we saw in the 1st half of the season, nobody is aggressive on the puck waiting to react to what the devils do. I think there are too many things absent in terms of team play to pin any one issue to fix in the offseason (not that there aren't things to tweak).

Without a doubt...let him walk after this season all HYPE THAT IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other wall being hit is hit is the one in my house by my head while I watch this series.

Don't worry it's all part of the Flyers master plan to let Jersey go up 3 games to 1 only to come back and win the series like NJ has done to the Flyers in years past. I guess if New Jersey takes out the Flyers then Philly fans can cheer the Flyers West team - LA Kings.

Hartnell in post game says they are almost playing scared, not willing to take or make a hit.

this shouldn't be happening..... :wacko:

What, are they ALL scared of bears now? Or is that a ref comment?

There is little effort, and less heart as a team. They have it in them, but it's not coming out. Their play is emotionless.

they shot their load against the pens. they got nothing left.

They will win in 7, then beat Richard/Carter in LA for The Cup.

I hope you are right BOI, but I have lost faith. I will cheer for them with all I got, but I am expecting them to lose this series at this point. They have given me no reason to believe otherwise.

I hope you are right BOI, but I have lost faith. I will cheer for them with all I got, but I am expecting them to lose this series at this point. They have given me no reason to believe otherwise.

Pray. Pray hard.

Pray. Pray hard.

Well, I am not a religious man, so if I were to find religion I think I would reserve prayer for important things in life, such as the health of a loved one. The Stanley Cup is not that important. I would be nice and I would celebrate jubilantly, but it is still just a game and their are a lot more important things in life.

Hartnell in post game says they are almost playing scared,

You could see the fear/worry in their faces. And in their play obviously. I can't remember the last time I saw so many whiffs and miscues with the puck. A clear sign of guys gripping their sticks too tight.

Just started a post suggesting the same thing about the kids.

Didn't see your thread until just now.

Just started a post suggesting the same thing about the kids.

I think its on all our minds. And really I hope thats what is happening, not a question of heart or determination. In a few seasons, when they're more developed, hopefully they will understand how deep the well needs to be to have success this time of year.