OT - Anyone get the feeling....

Guest trevluk

...that this is LA's year? They are 8-1 so far in the playoffs eliminating the #1 and #2 seeds in the west. They are firing on all cylinders, their goaltender is outstanding (Quick could be the best goalie in the league at this point), and they play a complete team game for 60 minutes every night. I just dont see a team remaining that can beat them if they keep this play up. Certainly our Flyers who have one foot in the grave wouldnt be able to beat them with how they are playing, but I dont think even the Rangers would beat them. They are peaking at the absolute perfect time and I think there is a very good chance that Mike Richards will be hoisting the Cup for another team. Sigh.

• Like 2

i am getting that feeling. they beat 2 of the best teams in the west very handily. i can't see how phoenix stops them. just not going to happen. i also see them matching up with anyone in the east as well. it's too bad our flyers couldn't get it done this year, that would have been epic.

• Like 1

i am getting that feeling. they beat 2 of the best teams in the west very handily. i can't see how phoenix stops them. just not going to happen. i also see them matching up with anyone in the east as well. it's too bad our flyers couldn't get it done this year, that would have been epic.

I dont think I could have handled watching the Flyers lose in another Finals appearance. That would make 7 SCF losses in my lifetime without seeing them hoist the cup once. (I was 4 when they last won the Cup and obviously have no recollection of it.) I'll feel good for Richards and Hexie, but watching Carter raise the Cup will make me puke. He doesnt deserve it.

• Like 1

I dont think I could have handled watching the Flyers lose in another Finals appearance. That would make 7 SCF losses in my lifetime without seeing them hoist the cup once. (I was 4 when they last won the Cup and obviously have no recollection of it.) I'll feel good for Richards and Hexie, but watching Carter raise the Cup will make me puke. He doesnt deserve it.

Unfortunately, it will happen. Rub salt in the wound...

IF Flyers will start golfing early this year ( again ) ....then I have to say I will root for LA, I really like how their team is playing, Quick is the best goalie in the league at the moment and they are playing unreal hockey. But imagine, Richards, Carter, Williams and all other ex Flyers holding the cup...that would be so weird.

But before that - LEST GO FLYERS

• Like 1

At least Gagne will have his name on the Cup if he played enough games. That will be the only positive for me.

It would be nice but he only played 34 games this season, I think they need to have 40 games played if they are not playing in the finals. It would be one of the few nice things to come out of this crapfest of a playoff season.

At least Gagne will have his name on the Cup if he played enough games. That will be the only positive for me.

Forgot all about Gags. I gather he is hurt?

...that this is LA's year? They are 8-1 so far in the playoffs eliminating the #1 and #2 seeds in the west. They are firing on all cylinders, their goaltender is outstanding (Quick could be the best goalie in the league at this point), and they play a complete team game for 60 minutes every night. I just dont see a team remaining that can beat them if they keep this play up. Certainly our Flyers who have one foot in the grave wouldnt be able to beat them with how they are playing, but I dont think even the Rangers would beat them. They are peaking at the absolute perfect time and I think there is a very good chance that Mike Richards will be hoisting the Cup for another team. Sigh.

However...they have to get by another very good team, probably Phoenix. They will give the Kings all they can handle.

Unfortunately, it will happen. Rub salt in the wound...

It wouldn't be that bad. We have a good future ahead of us. I don't care if Richards lifts the cup. And it would be good for Hexie and Stevens!

Carter though, that does bother me because he has acted like a spoiled brat and pouted before even reporting to Columbus and kept going until they had to move him. He does not deserve it considering his open net shot in game 6 that he missed 2 years ago probably cost us the cup (because Leighton would not had to have made that idiotic save because we would have won the game in regulation).

It wouldn't be that bad. We have a good future ahead of us. I don't care if Richards lifts the cup. And it would be good for Hexie and Stevens!

Carter though, that does bother me because he has acted like a spoiled brat and pouted before even reporting to Columbus and kept going until they had to move him. He does not deserve it considering his open net shot in game 6 that he missed 2 years ago probably cost us the cup (because Leighton would not had to have made that idiotic save because we would have won the game in regulation).

Well they would have still had to win game 7 in Chicago but yes, none of us will forget that choke of a shot on an open net. At least he is a complete no show for LA in the playoffs too. Same old Carter. And I agree, he does not deserve to win a Cup.

However...they have to get by another very good team, probably Phoenix. They will give the Kings all they can handle.

You think? I think the Yotes have overachieved with their lack of depth and the dream would end abruptly against LA but I have been wrong about many things!

You think? I think the Yotes have overachieved with their lack of depth and the dream would end abruptly against LA but I have been wrong about many things!

Well, they have to win first but they are playing playoff hockey: stingy defense, timely scoring, great goaltending. They are beating a very defensively sound team. I would probably pick the Kings in that matchup but I like the Yotes' intangibles.

I would love to see that happen. I still wear my Flyers Jersey with his number on it proudly....

• Like 1

I would love to see that happen. I still wear my Flyers Jersey with his number on it proudly....

Me too. Still my favorite jersey (out of Gagne, Richards with the A, Giroux). I'll be really happy for Gagne to see him get his moment with the Cup. I'll always miss Gagne.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/R6d94KZpWgc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like 1

"At least Gagne will have his name on the Cup if he played enough games. That will be the only positive for me.

I would love to see that happen. I still wear my Flyers Jersey with his number on it proudly...."

Sadly, I dont think he played enough games for that to happen. I think he is 6 games short. I think a team can get an exception though to get a players name on, which if that is true, they should definitely do. I am sure it wont mean as much to him though as it would have if he had actually played and contributed during the playoff run.

"At least Gagne will have his name on the Cup if he played enough games. That will be the only positive for me.

I would love to see that happen. I still wear my Flyers Jersey with his number on it proudly...."

Sadly, I dont think he played enough games for that to happen. I think he is 6 games short. I think a team can get an exception though to get a players name on, which if that is true, they should definitely do. I am sure it wont mean as much to him though as it would have if he had actually played and contributed during the playoff run.

His name damn sure belongs on there more than Adam Burrish does..........

Well it's often said the LA Kings are Flyers West both in style, players, and management. The two teams do have a similar makeup and play a similar style but the difference is goaltending and defense. You put Quick on the his Flyers team and they would have likely had a different outcome. Not placing all the blame on Bryz as his defense sucked on some nights in front of him but..

I personally am rooting for a Kings - Rangers final. I think it would be great for the sport and for fans.

I would have had no issue with Richards hoisting Lord Stanley's Cup but damn it will be hard watching if Carter does.