Anisimov overcelebrates...Downie retaliates

Guest flyercanuck

<< For the most part every player has a price tag that if another GM was willing to over pay for, most GM's will take that deal and better their team. >>

Not so sure I agree with that. It's not like what those teams got in return was "overwhelming". These weren't Gretzky-trade-like offers. What you gave up for Pronger wasn't that far off what the Pens gave Atlanta for Hossa...and Hossa was a rental.

@B21

Hey, I'm in no way a fan of the Pronger trade, and never was. I was probably the most vocal (on philly.com) against it of anyone. I was a huge fan of his from the time he played for Peterborough but thought it was ridiculous to give up what we did at his age and then sign him to that stupid contract. I also think he's the type of player you only want short-term because it's his way or the highway and that doesn't carry much weight when your game and body are falling apart. He IS also known to be a jerk.

All that said, he's one of the best defencemen of his generation and a proven winner. In his prime he was likely the least favorite player to play against in the league. And the players I named just prove anyone can be traded. It's got nothing to do with whether the guy is liked, but more to do with what is offered for him. Horton is Tim.

@FC

Of course anyone can be traded. If it were once or twice I wouldn't make an issue of it. But Pronger has been dealt 4 times and only once was it know to be due to a team dumping salary to rebuild. When, as you said, the guy is known to be a jerk, that really tells me something. Not doubting his skills at all.