win tonight could turn this whole series around

Guest InHexyWeTrust

That is not to say that they've shown anything in the last 3 games which makes anyone think they have a chance tonight, but all they need right now is to get their confidence back. Yeah, New Jersey has been putting us to shame with their forecheck and we can't seem to put together back to back possessions in their zone, but these are the same teams that played game 1 and the same teams that played during the regular season.

Win tonight with Giroux will absolutely inject some life into this team. And then we have a series.

I'm anticipating the beginning of the summer starting at the end of the 3rd period, but got to find something to think about other than what a defense without Pronger, Carle (and Kimmo in another year) will look like.

That is not to say that they've shown anything in the last 3 games which makes anyone think they have a chance tonight, but all they need right now is to get their confidence back. Yeah, New Jersey has been putting us to shame with their forecheck and we can't seem to put together back to back possessions in their zone, but these are the same teams that played game 1 and the same teams that played during the regular season.

Win tonight with Giroux will absolutely inject some life into this team. And then we have a series.

I'm anticipating the beginning of the summer starting at the end of the 3rd period, but got to find something to think about other than what a defense without Pronger, Carle (and Kimmo in another year) will look like.

there has been no indication in the past 3 games that the Flyers even can compete with the Devils at this point..if it wasn't for Bryz making some huge saves the past couple games would have been blowouts..

@:

That is not to say that they've shown anything in the last 3 games which makes anyone think they have a chance tonight

@orange_crush:

there has been no indication in the past 3 games that the Flyers even can compete with the Devils at this point..

Am I missing something here @orange_crush? More importantly, are you?

there has been no indication in the past 3 games that the Flyers even can compete with the Devils at this point..

which, frankly, is the only reason for any kind of hope at this point. the flyers haven't looked like they can stand anywhere near the devils right now....but we all know that isn't the case. the devils are not some kind of uber team in an entirely different class than the flyers. something else is going on, something other than the straight up difference in capability of the two rosters...and that kind of thing *can* swing. not saying it's going to, but *can*.

I'm almost glad Giroux is out tonight because now, every player in the line up knows he has to bring it. No excuses, no tomorrow, no Giroux rescue mission. They have to find the solution within themselves and they have to do it now.

• Like 1

@jackhole

Which begs the question why didn't they throw everything but a kitchen sink in the last game. The last game was pretty much the most crucial game of the entire season and the Flyers came out looking scared. I am really puzzlef with what's wrong with this team. To get so utterly dominated in every aspect... there is gotta be something else happening.

I don't hold out much hope they can turn this around. They look way outmached to make me hope they can win this series. All i want to see tonight is what our playets are made of. If they have ay least some self esteem, they would show some fight and drive. That's really all I am hoping to see tonight.

• Like 1

@Mad Dog

There is one thing that could happen. And that is someone steps up, makes a play, turns the momentum around, it energizes the bench, then someone else steps up, makes a play. Repeat. Then the confidence goes up, the legs feel less heavy, the grip on the stick becomes a bit lighter and they just play. NJ starts to question itself, lets doubt creep in etc etc

It could happen like that. I guess.

But I'm not holding my breath.

I don't hold out much hope they can turn this around.

I don't either. Only that, for as much as they've been dominated, the score hasn't been nearly as lopsided as it should. A small adjustment could have a big impact on the outcome. However, its yet to be seen whether that will happen. hopefully they go down at least putting up a fight.

A small adjustment could have a big impact..

I guess the question is how small the "adjustment" is. It's really a bunch of things that are all connected. If you resolve one, do you resolve the others? Maybe. I dunno.