remember when

Guest touche22

we beat the penguins and we found out days later that we would be playing the devils and it was like:" here comes the cup"??

I'm not even angry anymore. I'm glad this is about to end so i dont have to get frustrated anymore.

Good bye matt carle.

• Like 1

we beat the penguins and we found out days later that we would be playing the devils and it was like:" here comes the cup"??

I'm not even angry anymore. I'm glad this is about to end so i dont have to get frustrated anymore.

Good bye matt carle.

The best part of tonight's game is when the tv cameras panned in on Ed Snider and he was sitting there watching his $51 million dollar goalie playing like ****. Let's see if he has enough balls to cough up the cash to get rid of him. New Jersey deserves to win but Bryzgalov has proven he's not the elite goalie that Ed Snider thinks he is.

• Like 1

The best part of tonight's game is when the tv cameras panned in on Ed Snider and he was sitting there watching his $51 million dollar goalie playing like ****. Let's see if he has enough balls to cough up the cash to get rid of him. New Jersey deserves to win but Bryzgalov has proven he's not the elite goalie that Ed Snider thinks he is.

Understatement. Bryz put the game and series winning goal into his own net.

• Like 1

Understatement. Bryz put the game and series winning goal into his own net.

It was a bad goal, but Bryz was FAR FAR FAR from the reason why they lost the series. Only about 3 players even showed up in the series, and Bryz was one of them.

It was a bad goal, but Bryz was FAR FAR FAR from the reason why they lost the series. Only about 3 players even showed up in the series, and Bryz was one of them.

I agree, the skaters have a lot of blame too. Just about everyone sucked, except Wellwood and Rinaldo.

It was a bad goal, but Bryz was FAR FAR FAR from the reason why they lost the series.

He wasn't the reason they lost; that is true. But he did very little to help. He didn't make saves when his team needed him. That would be forgivable if we had Boucher or Bob in net. But we got this guy to win games by himself, which is what elite goalies do. He hasn't done that.

When you watch the kid like Braden Holtby who came out of nowhere, making peanuts, and who almost singlehandedly carried the Caps on his back, it just hurts.

Good bye matt carle.

Goodbye JVR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, the skaters have a lot of blame too. Just about everyone sucked, except Wellwood and Rinaldo.

Hell and tonight he got a minus for skating on a JVR line.... Jesus Christ i'm tired of him already move his a$$$$ for some help on the blueline.

Let Jagr walk.

Try like HELL to find a RW to play with Giroux.

Edit: RWs i covet would be Iginla or Selanne.

Edited by OccamsRazor

@Navyhockey

i disagree about bryz , in this game, he killed the flyers, the salvador goal was not good , clarkson .... the building was rocking the flyers were laying the wood to NJ and Bryz let the air out the balloon with his inattentiveness. that was ridiculous, think of how this fan base killed carter because campbell got lucky waving his stick in game 6 back in 10, bryz has no shot here after that.

When you watch the kid like Braden Holtby who came out of nowhere, making peanuts, and who almost singlehandedly carried the Caps on his back, it just hurts.

hershey bear ! represent,

that holtby kid is pretty good, and he was nice to the mites at the giant center. he's playing well no doubt.

Bryz was FAR FAR FAR from the reason why they lost the series

He certainly wasn't the reason they won it! He deserves an assist on the game/series winner and was soft on far too many goals to count. If the Flyers didn't score at least four goals per game, they didn't win. He did play pretty well for one or even two periods at a time. But he put together maybe one complete game the entire post season.

Bryz aside, the Devils came to play and the Flyers played like they were entitled to advance. Hopefully the youngsters learned something.

Try like HELL to find a RW to play with Giroux.

Edit: RWs i covet would be Iginla or Selanne.

why those guys ? they're at the end of their great careers, we saw that movie with jagr.

find a guy who's going to grow with Orange Jesus, not a guy ready for centrum silver and his aarp card.

• Like 1

Affordable...

...Selanne instead of Jagr...

...if anything Selanne brings speed and the ability to still score...

...scratch Iggy maybe 4-5 years ago, plus don't like the price tag.

Aint happening i'm dreaming.

OK, but which game does our 51 million dollars goalie stole for the team?

Flyers lost cause our D could not clear the own end and our forwards could not figure out Devils D, Bryz was not that big factor, he made some good saves and let some bad goals, YES, but so did M.Brodeur and they won cause they were always one step ahead of Flyers. Always in this series. Flyers did not have change.

Bye Carle, Bye JVR and not sure what to think of Jagr...he is great mentor for young players, but its not worth 3,3mil, hell no. If he loves Flyers as much he says, he would play for us for 1 mil, then I would love to have him back. But not 3.3mil. JVR, totally lost, and Carle...and yes they missed Pronger.

It was fun year to watch "new and young" flyers...the speed and all those comebacks and Bryz being lost in the universe...I would give Bryz one more year before sending him to Siperia with his husky :)

Posted · Hidden by terp, May 9, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by terp, May 9, 2012 - No reason given

Snider might, Comcast will not, or at least that's my prediction.

I strongly disagree with this. He was out of position on the first goal and made a colossal flub to allow the second. He averaged more than a bad goal per game in the post season. While I agree that no single player cost them the series, that isn't how Bryzgalov or any other player ought to be measured. Players should be measured by what they can reasonably be expected to do and by that measure, he failed utterly and spectacularly. He was horrible to the point of being a distraction despite being among the highest paid players in the league. So while he isn't solely responsible, he is more responsible for this than any other player. By a lot.

The idea that we should point the finger elsewhere is just wrong, IMO. When he took the money, he became subject to a standard and that standard requires, at an absolute minimum, competent play in the post season. He was several notches below competent and it is hard to imagine we would have fared worse with Bob or Leighton or Boucher. As a result of signing him, this team has an even more acute goaltending issue than it did this time last year. I said at one point before the playoffs that I could not imagine him being bought out barring a colossal post season meltdown. Well, that's what we just witnessed. Bryzgalov got inside of his own head and choked. If the CBA allows it cap free, I think this team needs to look very hard at buying him out because the future is bleak with this later day Roman Cechmanek between the pipes.

Ed, if you are out there reading, this is squarely on you. The lesson here is that you leave personnel decisions to the pros.

Edited by terp

Everybody in the league felt you guys paid way to much for Bryzgalov. Yes he was a good goaltender for Phoenix but that was a collosal amount of money to spend. Having said that he WAS a solid goaltender in Phoenix, but honestly your defense has a lot more holes in it than Phoenix does. From my perspective, the only solid defensemen you have on your roster are Coburn and Grossman. And that's counting Meszaros. (Not that my Pens have been any better mind you). Maybe Bryzgalov's success was more a product of solid defense and the occasional spectacular save. But the Devils simply outplayed your boys this series. It's every bit the same as how I felt with my Pens. I honestly felt we had the better team, they just took winning for granted. Like they were entitled to win regardless of effort. Your Flyers looked the same to me here.

If he loves Flyers as much he says, he would play for us for 1 mil,

Not likely... when he was choosing where to play this season, where he says he loved playing means nothing. He went where the money was. You guys overpaid him the way the Pens wouldn't. But he said all the same things to our fan base before choosing your organization. I've spoken to Jagr several times through his years here in Pittsburgh and believe me, the man is as selfish as the day is long. For him it will be about money more than anything. I'd like to see him prove me wrong but I don't expect it. Even if he signs for less it'll be because somewhere, somehow, it benefits him more than any loyalty to the Flyers.