Sean Burke?

Guest Samifan

I realize that the system used by Dave Tippet and Lavi are quite different. That being said, Sean Burke has done a great job with Mike Smith this year (the guy was in the AHL a good portion of last season) and had success being the goalie coach for Bryz in the past. If the Yotes should win the cup, I wonder if we could bring in Burke as the goalie coach next season?

Jeff Reese did not seemed to help either Bryz or Bob with rebound control, angles etc.

Maybe Burke knows how to get through to Mr. Universe?

I realize that the system used by Dave Tippet and Lavi are quite different. That being said, Sean Burke has done a great job with Mike Smith this year (the guy was in the AHL a good portion of last season) and had success being the goalie coach for Bryz in the past. If the Yotes should win the cup, I wonder if we could bring in Burke as the goalie coach next season?

Jeff Reese did not seemed to help either Bryz or Bob with rebound control, angles etc.

Burke already worked with Bryz, so I'm sure theres not much new information he can give him..Bryz is at the stage of his career he's not going to change..this is as good as it gets..

Those that can't do, teach.

Sean Burke will likely never come back to Philadelphia. Remember, he once said (I'm paraphrasing from memory, "The best thing that ever happened to me was signing with Philadelphia. The second best thing that ever happened to me was leaving Philadelphia."

@bryanc

Burke was just on the Fan590. He was a Flyer fan growing up in Toronto. He said Bryz didn't have a good year, needs to make the saves he's supposed to make, and some he isn't, and be more consistant. In other words, nothing we didn't already know.

needs to make the saves he's supposed to make, and some he isn't, and be more consistant. In other words, nothing we didn't already know.

and knowing what needs to be done and having the ability to carry that out are two different things.

as @orange_crush said: "Bryz is at the stage of his career he's not going to change..this is as good as it gets."

can't wait to see what Homer does with the D this offseason

@bryanc

Burke was just on the Fan590. He was a Flyer fan growing up in Toronto. He said Bryz didn't have a good year, needs to make the saves he's supposed to make, and some he isn't, and be more consistant. In other words, nothing we didn't already know.

HELL that is all any of us WANT!!!

His up and down play is hard to believe inspired confidence in the players i don't care what they said in front of the cameras and was quoted.

Time for him to PUT THE TELESCOPE down AND LOOK IN THE GODA*MN MIRROR!!!! I believe he'll get one more year...then after that who knows.

All i know i have been a fan since 1990 and without actually looking at the #s they have to be the WORSE #s I'VE SEEN SINCE WATCHING THE GUYS!

@Orange-I was suggesting that maybe Burke could get through to our head case of a goalie like he did in Phoenix or help keep him line and focused. Kinda like Phil Jackson did for Rodman back with the Bulls.

Jeff Reese is a proven goalie coach also..

@Orange-I was suggesting that maybe Burke could get through to our head case of a goalie like he did in Phoenix or help keep him line and focused. Kinda like Phil Jackson did for Rodman back with the Bulls.

Yeah but did he??????

Come playoff time last year he got swept 0-4...4.34 gaa and 879sv%

OOOooooocccccccccccchhhhh.

At least this year he won 5 games.

Sorry trying to find something in the DARK cloud looming. :D

Wasn't this year a slight improvement from last year?

By a **** hair!

Maybe Derek Morris was right about Smith being a BETTER TEAMAMATE.

I have to say from where i'm sitting i take Morris's word. Not cool how he coveyed it...

...but at least he waited till he was gone to make that public. I guess.

Edited by OccamsRazor

@OccamsRazor

Morris wasn't the only one who went public about Bryzgalovs poor team "compatability". I thought it was odd at the time 2 teammates would publicly say they were glad he was gone...now I get why.

Other than Morris, who bashed him?

Other than Morris, who bashed him?

Adrian Aucoin was the other..

...now with hind sight it seems they were on to something...dude is not BUILT for Philly and the media there...sad that Snider couldn't sense that with all the time they spent with him before signing...he was just a YES man to anything they said i'm sure he just had $ in his eyes.

Paraphrasing both Milbury and JR last night after the game:

"One has to wonder how much Bryzgalov cared about the team around him, about doing well."

Nothing we didn't already know, but it's nice (in a sad way) to know other fans and former players see it too.

Paraphrasing both Milbury and JR last night after the game:

"One has to wonder how much Bryzgalov cared about the team around him, about doing well."

Nothing we didn't already know, but it's nice (in a sad way) to know other fans and former players see it too.

EXACTLY!

He's already got 51mill and a NMC!!!!!!!!!

He prolly had his families bags packed ready to head to Russia for the summer...

Reese helped Bob a lot, but Bob is encouragable and coachable. When Bob was getting games, he was improving in all facets. Especially rebounds and angles. If the next improvement is positionally playing Brodeur's hybrid style, or at least staying taller/bigger longer, Bob will excel.

The thing that amazes me is how other teams(Caps/Holtsby-Coyotes/Smith) seem to come up with pretty good goalie prospects and the Flyers always wind up with the "Missing Link". Right now nobody in the Flyer's stable is any better than also ran and missed-it. Hopefully Homer has a goalie prospect(you know one that doesn't score on himself) in mind to replace Merlin the Magician.

@OccamsRazor

I did a lot of math yesterday and actually our numbers in net this year got worse, yet we had a 277% increase on the price of our tandem.

GAA went up by almost a full point 3.19 vs 4.082

SV% went down .894 vs .809

The same amount of games were played 11 in both years. Was our defense better last year in the playoffs? I suppose, so I don't expect that getting one of the best free agent blueliners will correct the problem, in fact it may add to them.

To me something is just flat out wrong with this team and I have a feeling it goes higher than the team level. They need to address serious flaws at the coaching and management level.

If I bought a Honda Civic and spent $27,000 and it was ok, but not up to my full expectations and I had a few extra dollars to spend say 277% more, or $74,790; I would fully expect the performance to be much, much better. It wouldn't be a crap shoot at this cost. I would do my homework.

The brass did not do their homework with this guy (Bryzgalov).

Edited by Bertmega