Congrats to our 2011-2012 Flyers

Guest brelic

Their success this season exceeded my expectations. Considering the massive overhaul in the offseason, and all the young rookies playing heavy minutes, the Flyers did an awesome job.

And now... anyone but LA for the Cup!! ;)

Oh, and NJ once again proved that defense - NOT offense - wins in the playoffs. That's the case for all remaining teams.

Really? LA or Phoenix seem like the only palatable options to me, another Devil Cup would be like eating dog **** with a side of piss. Rangers would be the same, except covered in a nice vomit sauce.

• Like 1

Really? LA or Phoenix seem like the only palatable options to me, another Devil Cup would be like eating dog **** with a side of piss. Rangers would be the same, except covered in a nice vomit sauce.

What?!?! No Love for the Capitals........? I have to admit, the Yotes by the very nature of currently being "Bettman's boys", makes them rank right there with the Rags for hate. The Devils absolutely outplayed the Flyers and I give them the tip of the cap for that but now they are going to face a real goal tending challenge no matter which team they play. The Devils lack of offense is about to get exposed....

• Like 1

another Devil Cup would be like eating dog **** with a side of piss. Rangers would be the same, except covered in a nice vomit sauce.

LOL !

filing that one away.

the only thing worse would be a Pens cup. at least that's not happening.

Their success this season exceeded my expectations. Considering the massive overhaul in the offseason, and all the young rookies playing heavy minutes, the Flyers did an awesome job.

Oh, and NJ once again proved that defense - NOT offense - wins in the playoffs. That's the case for all remaining teams.

I'd rather see LA win the cup then any of the other remaining teams, I'd be happy for Gagne, Hextall and even Richards.

Rangers - definitely not

Devils - not a chance in hell in seeing Brodeur winning another cup, I want him gone for good

Phoenix - Bettman's new pet team -- how pathetic would it look on the NHL if Phoenix wins and moves to another city in the summer

Washington - can't stand Ovechkin

I'd rather see LA win the cup then any of the other remaining teams, I'd be happy for Gagne, Hextall and even Richards.

Rangers - definitely not

Devils - not a chance in hell in seeing Brodeur winning another cup, I want him gone for good

Phoenix - Bettman's new pet team -- how pathetic would it look on the NHL if Phoenix wins and moves to another city in the summer

Washington - can't stand Ovechkin

My objection to LA is based on Carter. He doesn't deserve a Cup. But yeah, I would be happy for Richards.

• Like 2

Couldn't agree more with this statement. We also had serious injuries to key players along the way and they still exceeded those expectations.

@flyerrod

the Yotes by the very nature of currently being "Bettman's boys", makes them rank right there with the Rags for hate.

Exactly, don't even get me started on that wretched franchise that shouldn't be....honestly there's a whole WWE feeling to them reaching the WCF at this particular moment in time

@mojo1917 Yes, at least the Flyboys prevented Crysby and Frankenmalkin from hoisting the Cup, we can take some solace in that

Choosing one among the remaining teams to cheer for is like being at the party with only the fat chicks left. Grim.

Exactly exact. Start drinking, and keep going until your standards drop low enough to pick one.

@flyerrod

Exactly, don't even get me started on that wretched franchise that shouldn't be....honestly there's a whole WWE feeling to them reaching the WCF at this particular moment in time

Just like Pens* welfare from the NHL to keep them in Pit?

• Like 1

Which is why I am worried we may never win a Cup with Lavi.

I feel the same way. I love the way Laviolette trusts his players, especially his rookies. And I was really impressed with him in 24/7. AND, let's face it, up tempo, offense-driven hockey is WAY more exciting than a stifling defensive style.

That being said, that style doesn't often win Cups in the modern NHL.

I don't remember enough about that Carolina team that won except that Ward, coming off the bench in favour of a floundering Gerber, played like a world-class goalie during that run, but since that time, his numbers have been slightly above average, but not elite.

What was the defense like on that team? Can't remember.

Same ol' problem in Flyers land, I guess.

@brelic

Ward stood on his head. Their D was about as vanilla as you could get. But you also had Brindamour winning every single faceoff and Stall having a career year (I believe).

This years Flyers were a fun group to watch. At least when you have a bunch of rookies you have hope that their game will progress through the years. I think we're set for years at forward, except for the odd tweak here and there with FAs. We obviously need to bring in an "Alpha" defenceman. Coburn (maybe a healthy Mez) are about as close as we have to that right now, and that's not good enough, at least not with the idiot we have in net. Speaking of, he came into the Devils series ranked as the 18th goalie out of 16 playoff teams. He HAD to have better numbers playing against a far less offensive team like NJ right? Well he's now ranked 19TH! What happened, did someone throw their blind parapalegic grandmother in net for a game and she outplayed Bryz? (sorry, had to get ONE more shot in) Oh, and my apologies to all blind parapalegic grandmothers for comparing them to our goalie.

@brelic

brent hedican, mike commodore, nick wallin were the um "headliners" i guess on that 'Canes team blue line.

as everyone else has mentioned this was a fun team to watch, i really think we saw the pups hit the wall in the NJ series, so many players having never played that much hockey in their lives and playing it at the highest possible level.

i think we're a top 4 mobile defenseman away from being really difficult to deal with.our top 3 guys are pretty damn good. not sure about the goaltender situation, it is not the best for sure, but if the rest of the roster is right, mediocre in net can win a cup as anti niemi can attest. i think the future is looking bright, if not next year then in 2 years we'll be a real tough out.

@brelic

brent hedican, mike commodore, nick wallin were the um "headliners" i guess on that 'Canes team blue line.

as everyone else has mentioned this was a fun team to watch, i really think we saw the pups hit the wall in the NJ series, so many players having never played that much hockey in their lives and playing it at the highest possible level.

i think we're a top 4 mobile defenseman away from being really difficult to deal with.our top 3 guys are pretty damn good. not sure about the goaltender situation, it is not the best for sure, but if the rest of the roster is right, mediocre in net can win a cup as anti niemi can attest. i think the future is looking bright, if not next year then in 2 years we'll be a real tough out.

Mediocre in net can win only if your opponent is terrible in net, i.e. Leighton for us and Fleury for the Pens this year ;)

I feel the same way. I love the way Laviolette trusts his players, especially his rookies. And I was really impressed with him in 24/7. AND, let's face it, up tempo, offense-driven hockey is WAY more exciting than a stifling defensive style.

That being said, that style doesn't often win Cups in the modern NHL.

I don't remember enough about that Carolina team that won except that Ward, coming off the bench in favour of a floundering Gerber, played like a world-class goalie during that run, but since that time, his numbers have been slightly above average, but not elite.

What was the defense like on that team? Can't remember.

Same ol' problem in Flyers land, I guess.

I dont remember too much about them either but I do remember one of the anchors on D was the seasoned veteran Glenn Wesley who had a great series and finally won a cup after around 20 years in the league. I felt good for him and Brindy.

aye Brelic, they exceeded mine as well. If only we had a run of the mill goaltender with normal expectations to not distract from an otherwise highly entertaining season.

For the longest time I had wanted to see a youth movement. This season was absolutely a youth movement. The team, with so many unknowns (the first time in a while) was very entertaining to get to know.

Next season looks to be a good one. Changes need to be made for sure so I'm also looking forward to see what direction this teams goes in the offseason.

The last song of the night at the frat party was always "Fat Bottom Girls" by Queen. We had a motto...Go ugly early! That way you could have one of the better looking ugly girls and not get stuck with the really ugly girls!

Have you considered inviting hotter chicks? Or at least average ones?