Zac Rinaldo

Guest pensuck

First off I missed the game. I was at a horrible phillies game :(... I just watched the replay and I gotta say why the F wasn't Zac playing in the playoffs? He brought more energy and hit's in his very limited ice time than 80% of the rest of the team. I'm not saying they would've won the series but this kid leaves it all out there every shift.

ThatS EXACTLY how you play in the playoffs. We need a dominent checking line, one that hit's every shift. I loved when Sestito and Zac were out there together this year. Hopefully they can put them back together next year with maybe Wellwood in the center???

• Like 1

If Rinaldo played every night then we would have been on the PK twice as much as we already were. I like Rinaldo but for whatever reason the refs target him and over a 7 game series he would hurt us more than he would help.

First off I missed the game. I was at a horrible phillies game :(... I just watched the replay and I gotta say why the F wasn't Zac playing in the playoffs? He brought more energy and hit's in his very limited ice time than 80% of the rest of the team. I'm not saying they would've won the series but this kid leaves it all out there every shift.

ThatS EXACTLY how you play in the playoffs. We need a dominent checking line, one that hit's every shift. I loved when Sestito and Zac were out there together this year. Hopefully they can put them back together next year with maybe Wellwood in the center???

I agree we could used Rinaldo's energy and toughness in this series..should have played over Wellwood..

Yes more guys that can bang bodies...and take some of the burden off the Dman...the physical play just disappeared after game #1. But the REFSand Shanny have neutered the Flyers and their physical game....sad everyone gets away with questionable calls it seems and the Flyers are under a microscope.

.Jagr sucked the entire playoffs.

He did. And he sucked the mostest last night when we most needed him to do something, anything. All he did was turn the puck over. On. Every. Shift.

He did. And he sucked the mostest last night when we most needed him to do something, anything. All he did was turn the puck over. On. Every. Shift.

AMEN!!! He is built for the regular season...and i'm being kind!!!!!!!!!

Ship his right to the Wings for Christ sake!!!!!!

If Rinaldo played every night then we would have been on the PK twice as much as we already were. I like Rinaldo but for whatever reason the refs target him and over a 7 game series he would hurt us more than he would help.

If we want to keep Rinaldo out of the box we could just trade him to Pittsburgh or Boston.

• Like 1

Is that Mil Mascaras? This series needed Rinaldo more than ever, New Jersey put the Flyers to sleep..notice how they woke up after Rinaldo put the hurt on Jersey and lead to Talbot scoring and show'd you don't mess with our Team.

We had a carryover from Pitt's game in game one but after that looked like gold fish floating around in a bowl.

We weren't engaged in this series, we didn't impose our will, Rinaldo helps impose will. So we kill a few penalties...it's worth it, but that's where you limit his time in the third and put him at key moments. He's a strategic piece, you just have to now when to unleash him, To be honest, I know he has a very potental offensive side to him, but that needs to be nourished and then he can be a Tochhet like player.

Just look at P. Sharp when given the chance and circumstance.

What should you do about cheap shot European players like Vochenokov? He's another Kasparitus! Rinaldo helped bring him down to earth in a way he could comprehend!Right Zubrus? Lavi makes things worse not playing him the whole game,only when he wants to make a point.

He had 2 goals, 232 PIM, and was suspended this year. How is he an asset?

@Skatebyu66

he was a physical presence, some of those minutes were earned, some were the result of his reputation. surely you're familiar with a player of similar qualities you have a couple on your roster, the ultimate physical presence Matt Cooke , douchebag Joe Vitale... you totally see the value those players bring...right ?

you have acted like a tool here for the most part, but if you want to talk hockey you're in the right place . figure out how you want to be, you can be like

burger21 and polaris922; pens fans but still valued members of the community because their primary interest is hockey...or you can make your 6 provocative posts and get banned. figure it out.

Edited by mojo1917

You've got 17 posts all snivelling over the Pens loss. How is that an asset? The league can't make the Pens win every year...enjoy the game even without them.

• Like 1

Surely you value grinders and energy guys? Stats don't tell everything. Also, there are a ton of reputation PIM in there, especially misconducts. Like for yapping before a face off, or telling (some of which calmly) a ref he is wrong.

Do you think it will come out that he was hurt? If so would you give him another year?

Is that Mil Mascaras? This series needed Rinaldo more than ever, New Jersey put the Flyers to sleep..notice how they woke up after Rinaldo put the hurt on Jersey and lead to Talbot scoring and show'd you don't mess with our Team.

We had a carryover from Pitt's game in game one but after that looked like gold fish floating around in a bowl.

We weren't engaged in this series, we didn't impose our will, Rinaldo helps impose will. So we kill a few penalties...it's worth it, but that's where you limit his time in the third and put him at key moments. He's a strategic piece, you just have to now when to unleash him, To be honest, I know he has a very potental offensive side to him, but that needs to be nourished and then he can be a Tochhet like player.

Just look at P. Sharp when given the chance and circumstance.

I agree. He may not show up on the score sheet but he brings an attitude that was definately missing after the pens series.

Do you think it will come out that he was hurt?

Sure, good chance. If he was, my point that he should have sat for Rinaldo or someone else is made even stronger. Poor coaching decision by Lavi et al.

If so would you give him another year?

Not sure. Maybe for less - say a max of $2M. Partly it depends on other moves and how many of the kids are truly ready.