Zac Rinaldo

Guest pensuck

You've got 17 posts all snivelling over the Pens loss. How is that an asset? The league can't make the Pens win every year...enjoy the game even without them.

I am not a fan of Vitale and was not of the way Cooke played up until this year. He is a different person/player. W all the talent on the Pens any time he skated on the ice I was worried his brain would backfire and most of the time last season it did......Im just not a fan of any player like that,no matter which team he is on. Tough and energy are one thing but........Too much like a loose cannon for my taste(raffi torres light). Maybe he was your only option . I have no idea, but why was he not in the line-up for certain games V NJ?

@pensuck

No, never have. Moose once, Elk a couple of time, deer a buncha times.

I'm actually in Halifax. My poor attempt at humour I'm afraid....

You?

I white tail deer hunt a lot, i've gotten 3 bull elk & 2 mule deer and 1 antelope. I went caribou hunting once.

We flew to Montreal then north to Shefferville then an otter (float plane)

north . We were in some serious wet tundra area,not sure where . It was about 20 year ago. We got 1 cow caribou

and a boat load of lake trout. How's the hunting around Halifax? I was never there.Do you have white tail or black tail up there?

How's the hunting around Halifax?

Dunno. I'm relatively new here. Lots and lots of deer around though - bit of an epidemic I hear. White tail I imagine. For moose you half to head up north toward New Brunswick. Or Cape Breton I think.

Sounds like you were in pretty far into northern Quebec. Huge caribour herds running through there. I've never been up north like that, at least not to hunt.

Lake trout is a lovely fish. It's no halibut (!) but still a great fish.

When are you gonna come back up to Canada to hunt caribou again? Sounds like you're overdue!

When are you gonna come back up to Canada to hunt caribou again? Sounds like you're overdue!

Definately overdue. My son just turned 12 and I got him a .243 which he's doing good at hitting the target at 100 yards.

I would love to take him up there along with my dad. Been to Cranbrook B.C. hunting elk and that was pretty awesome too.

I've gotta take him somewhere though and really enjoy the beautiful country. Where were you before you moved to Halifax?

Gotta keep the Flyer thing going here too. What do you think of Sestito, Wellwood & Zac on a line next year?

Surely you value grinders and energy guys? Stats don't tell everything. Also, there are a ton of reputation PIM in there, especially misconducts. Like for yapping before a face off, or telling (some of which calmly) a ref he is wrong.

still can't stand the rep thing. Personally I never felt like he is a dirty player. Very hard nosed and skates the line, but not dirty. I would've thought the refs would appreciate that but whatever. He shouldn't be punished for playing tough so long as it is in the lines however I feel like he got too many calls against, just so the refs could flex their muscle and/or set a tone for the game. Hopefully he'll get fairer calls next season.

• Like 1

I feel like he got too many calls against, just so the refs could flex their muscle and/or set a tone for the game.

That's exactly how I saw it too - the way the officials "dealt with" Zac. He's an easy mark to "make a statement" for the officials and most times it was the wrong one. He got so many reputation calls it was as bad as Carcillo's time here. Thankfully Zac can actually skate and shoot - ya know, play the game. Now somehow we just have to figure out how to play him and keep the officials off his back.

• Like 1

Not so much as playing Rinaldo more because he brought energy and toughness but the rest of the team should all be playing with Rinaldo's energy and toughness. They didn't or ran out of it...Rinaldo was fresh when he played. Plain and simple, the Flyers just weren't taking it to the Devils and playing physical hockey.

Thankfully Zac can actually skate and shoot

I know, and I would have thought that would have worked towards them actually cutting him some slack. Yeah he plays rough but at least he can play, not just a mindless thug.

I know, and I would have thought that would have worked towards them actually cutting him some slack. Yeah he plays rough but at least he can play, not just a mindless thug.

But but but, he's a Broad Street Bully! He's mean. Put him in the box.

haha, no question there. I wonder who fits this mold on other teams that gets as heavily scrutinized.

Carcillo doesn't count, he's just a clown.

Jordan Tootoo is a hard nosed player who's fights I've watched many a time. I don't ever watch his team play though so I have no clue if he gets called for just playing tough but he's one who I figure MIGHT fall into that category.

haha, no question there. I wonder who fits this mold on other teams that gets as heavily scrutinized.

Carcillo doesn't count, he's just a clown.

Jordan Tootoo is a hard nosed player who's fights I've watched many a time. I don't ever watch his team play though so I have no clue if he gets called for just playing tough but he's one who I figure MIGHT fall into that category.

Tootoo earns most of his calls, he get's an occasional unearned call but nothing like Zac does....

When I watched Rinaldo play here in Barrie I thought he'd never be able to control himself enough to play in the NHL. I was wrong. The guy has, for the most part, learned to play on the edge, and not over it. Sure he still takes the odd stupid penalty. But he gets called a lot for stuff they'd let go most, or all of the time with 99% of the players in the league.

When I watched Rinaldo play here in Barrie I thought he'd never be able to control himself enough to play in the NHL. I was wrong. The guy has, for the most part, learned to play on the edge, and not over it. Sure he still takes the odd stupid penalty. But he gets called a lot for stuff they'd let go most, or all of the time with 99% of the players in the league.

that's interesting, I never actually followed his career much until he made it to the Flyers and I thought he's been pretty controlled. So your saying the dude was an animal at the lower levels? If so it could explain better why he seemed targeted the second he touched the ice wearing the O&B.