Any Injury News Yet?

Guest Bakanekimiwa

So far today it's been tweeted that Grossman will go under the knife on his knee. Timmo suffered a knee injury in game 5 of the Penguins series. I'm pretty sure Hartnell has a foot injury after blocking a shot in game 1. They showed JVR last night walking into the building with a noticable limp and a sandle on one foot. When your wearing a regular shoe on one foot and a sandle on the other, kind of tells me his foot is to swollen to get into a regular shoe. I think there will be a few guys going under the knife this summer.

one thing i morbidly look forward to after the season is that we get to find out who was playing on nearly severed limbs.

i haven't seen a run down yet.... anyone else?

Other intriguing candidates for surgery: Kubina (no way he was this bad before Homer traded for him), G (rumored hand or wrist injury), Couturier (knee?), Bryzgalov (brain/heart).

one thing i morbidly look forward to after the season is that we get to find out who was playing on nearly severed limbs.

i haven't seen a run down yet.... anyone else?

Yes X-rays reveal JVR's head was found to be lodged up his A$$$$ it seems ever since his return to the lineup...all this despite having no HEART....

...more news to follow...

Yes X-rays reveal JVR's head was found to be lodged up his A$$$$ it seems ever since his return to the lineup...all this despite having no HEART....

...more news to follow...

I'm far more down on other players. JvR was hurt a lot this season and apparently far from fully recovered from foot surgery.

@ Terp...

...dude i'm just tired of seeing him in the O n B...he just don't have NO FIGHT in him, he takes plays off...

up and down play all this even before the injury...he needs a change of scenery to spark him. At this years salary i would deal with it...but that HUGE CONTRACT @ 4.25mill, the one that RUNS off the page on capgeek like Bry's is just more that i can stomach.

NO WAY IN HELL HE IS WORTH that money...

...i'd rather that money be used on Suter or Weber (just examples) than him...

..anyone that is going to show up EVERY game for 60!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus he is one of the few movable parts here...cap wise the need some wiggle room...JVR is just the ODD MAN OUT! SORRY JVR!

JVR is just the ODD MAN OUT! SORRY JVR!

I'm not sure. The Flyers are a lot deeper at center than at wing. Long term, the Flyers might be well served to have G, Schenn, Couturier and Talbot down the middle. IMO Briere is the odd man out if he could be traded or bought out. If Schenn moves back to the middle and Jagr leaves, who are our 6 quality wingers? Hartnell, Voracek, Simmonds, Read and....? Wellwood and Rinaldo are 4th liners on this team. In fact, even without Schenn moving back into the middle they don't have a lot of depth on the wing so I'm not really in a rush to move JvR unless it is a great deal that obviously imp roves the team. For example, you don't trade him for picks and prospects.

I'm not sure. The Flyers are a lot deeper at center than at wing. Long term, the Flyers might be well served to have G, Schenn, Couturier and Talbot down the middle. IMO Briere is the odd man out if he could be traded or bought out. If Schenn moves back to the middle and Jagr leaves, who are our 6 quality wingers? Hartnell, Voracek, Simmonds, Read and....? Wellwood and Rinaldo are 4th liners on this team. In fact, even without Schenn moving back into the middle they don't have a lot of depth on the wing so I'm not really in a rush to move JvR unless it is a great deal that obviously imp roves the team. For example, you don't trade him for picks and prospects.

Why would you move one of your best playoff performers, that lead in scoring despite his defensive whoas and keep the young under performing overhyped winger...that has yet to do anything significant YET...and is do due a pay raise next year..of 4.25 he is one of the few tradable pieces that ain't producing..and don't had me that injury crap. Danny B is one that i'm lease concerned with.

@OccamsRazor

Danny's cap hit is 6.5 for the next whatever years...more than you'd be comfortable with, he is more comfortable at center which delays couts and schenn's growth , he's 35 next year, smallish I see diminishing return on that cap hit. Even with his playoff heroics. I like 48 a lot, he's a stone cold killer when it matters and that is awesome, but his 6.5 could be applied to a bad ass cornerstone defenseman. That is where the rationale for buying him out lies.

@OccamsRazor

Danny's cap hit is 6.5 for the next whatever years...more than you'd be comfortable with, he is more comfortable at center which delays couts and schenn's growth , he's 35 next year, smallish I see diminishing return on that cap hit. Even with his playoff heroics. I like 48 a lot, he's a stone cold killer when it matters and that is awesome, but his 6.5 could be applied to a bad ass cornerstone defenseman. That is where the rationale for buying him out lies.

Yeah but what can't be forgotten is he has and still is nurturing Coots like he did G.

Plus who would then score the clutch goals he has scored.

I think Danny needs a good offseason more dedicated like years past before he had to spend so much time taking care of his kids after his divorce.

Hopefully he will be more dedicated to the Flyers and train like he needs to.

I'm sure he'd never admit but due to his kids he didn't have the time to train properly.

Just hope he will take it more seriously THIS offseason.

But at this point to me besides Giroux and Coots i'd listen to offers on ANYONE.

Why would you move one of your best playoff performers, that lead in scoring despite his defensive whoas and keep the young under performing overhyped winger...that has yet to do anything significant YET...and is do due a pay raise next year..of 4.25 he is one of the few tradable pieces that ain't producing..and don't had me that injury crap. Danny B is one that i'm lease concerned with.

Because he's 35, scored 16 goals last season and has a $6.5mm cap hit. With that space, they could sign almost any player in the league.

What is injury "crap"? Are you saying JvR should have been in the line up with a concussion and a broken foot?

Because he's 35, scored 16 goals last season and has a $6.5mm cap hit. With that space, they could sign almost any player in the league.

What is injury "crap"? Are you saying JvR should have been in the line up with a concussion and a broken foot?

No that besides the injury much MORE than that why he hasn't produced...it's his effort...when he decides to use it.

Would rather use his money to some how obtain maybe Nash in a trade maybe. Just tired of him.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Just tired of him.

Looking forward to the Flyers presser when they use that rationale for a personnell move. By the way, if they were to buy out Briere under a new CBA, they could actually fit Nash or Weber or Suter under the cap. I know who I would rather have on the roster.

Looking forward to the Flyers presser when they use that rationale for a personnell move. By the way, if they were to buy out Briere under a new CBA, they could actually fit Nash or Weber or Suter under the cap. I know who I would rather have on the roster.

Weber, Nash, fake Carle in that order.