Is there room on this bandwagon?

Guest Polaris922

Sir, you and I are not so different after all :)

I mean come on... the Caps over my dead body. And the Rangers? I'm so tired of Tortorella and his theatrics. And the Devils just don't do it for me. I've hated them since they brought the sludge called trap into the league, and even though they're largely done away with it, I can't ever let it go. Hell I once rode a Devils fan bus in my Kevin Stevens Pens jersey just to get to the game cheap!

• Like 1

I'm rooting for the Coyote's.

Really? It would be much easier to pull for them if they were not "Buttman's Boys"..... I guess I am piling onto the Flyers West Bandwagon too. The only reason I would not mind the yotes to win would be so Daymond Langkow would get his name on the cup. I always liked the style of game he played. He reminds me of Roddy Brindamour.

@flyerrod

Really? It would be much easier to pull for them if they were not "Buttman's Boys".....

I do not dislike Bettman the way many others do. I'm happy there is hockey in new markets. I want those franchises to be successful. I want to see continued growth in the NHL. Phoenix has a bunch on no-name players. I also like to root for the underdog.

Would Ian Slater have the chance to play professional hockey if it were not for Bettman bringing the NHL to Florida?

@ Polaris922

In another thread I likened the possibility of one of those 2 New York teams winning the Cup to being forced to consume human waste. The Flyers played the Rangers in the playoffs 7 times in 9 years starting when I was 11 years old. That kind of deeply ingrained distaste at such an impressionable age never goes away!

The devils are in a New York market and claim to be New Jersey's team,even though they have no fanbase up North let alone the ability to steal from the Flyers base in South Jersey. They had their first parade in a ******* parking lot. And really, if you had told me that the Kansas City Scouts would move to Colorado, then to North Jersey where they would win three Cups.....and that nine years after the third the Flyers would still be Cupless since '75, I would have told you to fine tune your tin foil hat.

The Caps-Flyers rivalry fizzled a bit when they broke up the Patrick division, but I have fond memories of when it was heated in the 80s. The worst thing about them winning would be us both having to think our teams could have beaten them in an ECF.

Is it next season yet?

I'm rooting for the Coyote's. And if the Kings win that series....I'll root for whichever team is from the East.

I too like the Coyotes... but I just like the way the Kings have handled Vancouver and was impressed with their absolute dismantling of the Blues.

The only reason I would not mind the yotes to win would be so Daymond Langkow would get his name on the cup. I always liked the style of game he played.

Gotta like Langkow for his grit and determination staying in the league. Would be a just reward for him no doubt.

I do not dislike Bettman the way many others do. I'm happy there is hockey in new markets. I want those franchises to be successful. I want to see continued growth in the NHL. Phoenix has a bunch on no-name players. I also like to root for the underdog.

I don't hate Bettman either. I think he's done a lot of good for the NHL.

The Caps-Flyers rivalry fizzled a bit when they broke up the Patrick division, but I have fond memories of when it was heated in the 80s. The worst thing about them winning would be us both having to think our teams could have beaten them in an ECF.

Is it next season yet?

Absolutely! The Pens-Caps rivalry has never really fizzled. Though the dispersion of the Patrick Division could have done that, we faced each other too much in the playoffs even after it for it to go away, and now the Ovenchicken-Crosby debates have kept it heated. I've become a fan of either western team now!

@Polaris922

I too like the Coyotes... but I just like the way the Kings have handled Vancouver and was impressed with their absolute dismantling of the Blues.

If it were not for two players on the L.A. Roster I would like them also. And I'm sure you can guess which two self centered players those are. Richards has to be the worst captain ever to put on a Flyers uniform, and his sidekick Carter doesn't deserve a cup after what he pulled in Columbus. The two in Philly were a cancer to the team and TG Holmgren had the balls to trade them away. I used to like L.A., I regularly carry players from that roster on my fantasy teams, but I can't root for them to win the cup. Not this year, it is much too soon.

@Polaris922

If it were not for two players on the L.A. Roster I would like them also. And I'm sure you can guess which two self centered players those are. Richards has to be the worst captain ever to put on a Flyers uniform, and his sidekick Carter doesn't deserve a cup after what he pulled in Columbus. The two in Philly were a cancer to the team and TG Holmgren had the balls to trade them away. I used to like L.A., I regularly carry players from that roster on my fantasy teams, but I can't root for them to win the cup. Not this year, it is much too soon.

Well I suppose I can respect that. I always liked Carter but obviously never heard anything about the internals from there.

@Polaris922

Without spilling a bunch of details.....something obviously was an issue when your GM and ownership anoints two players as the core leaders of the team......signs them to long, long, term deals. And then quickly removes them after seeing some of their true colors.

@Polaris922

Without spilling a bunch of details.....something obviously was an issue when your GM and ownership anoints two players as the core leaders of the team......signs them to long, long, term deals. And then quickly removes them after seeing some of their true colors.

Yeah the move really struck me when they made it. But I wasn't sure if it was that or just trying to open up cap space for younger talent to move up and maybe attempt a different approach in free agency. Goaltending has been an issue for your team for as long as I can remember. Didn't know exactly what prompted the move!

@Polaris922

I've read a little after your posts. Is there a chance the team made them look a little worse than they really were to be able to justify the moves to the fan base without a civil war on their hands? Wouldn't be the first team to do it (Pittsburgh / Jagr)

Anything can happen, but I expect the Kings to win this series.

And I think Richards & Carter will both come up big. (Carter is just due.)

They sure seem to be playing well there. Maybe it came from the Flyers expecting too much of them? They're both good players but Richards wasn't exactly eased into the position. Seems sort of rushed into it really.

Well, there is no pressure or expectation on the Kings to win, so Richards & Carter can just relax & play hockey.

And if they win, LA will go nuts.

I truly hope they win. Will always be a big fan of Richards.

Just wish Gagne could play right now & finally get his name on the Cup.

• Like 2

Well, there is no pressure or expectation on the Kings to win, so Richards & Carter can just relax & play hockey.

And if they win, LA will go nuts.

I truly hope they win. Will always be a big fan of Richards.

Just wish Gagne could play right now & finally get his name on the Cup.

They way they're thumping Phoenix.. they sure seem poised to take it all...

• Like 1