Bryzgalov Pours His Heart & Soul, And -- Of Course -- Philly Media Makes Him the Bad Guy

Guest Irishjim

Holy **** guys.

I gotta explain what fan support is now on this forum? I thought Silly.com was dead.

Eh, don't take it too hard. The guy plays humongous bad. People are more curious how you can swallow that much suckage.

In a weird way, I think some here wish they could be okay with Bryz, but feel he has done NOTHING all last season to warrant it.

• Like 1

If Bryz says he's going to work harder and get better and he wants my support through this process then I am absolutely going to give it to him. He may have let me down, but like he says, he wears the Orange and Black and that makes him one of us.

I support Bryz.

I do too.....for eight more freakin' years............ <_<

In a weird way, I think some here wish they could be okay with Bryz, but feel he has done NOTHING all last season to warrant it.

Good observation. I want to like Bryz. Seems like an interesting guy to do a few bong rips with. But it's really hard for me to like a guy who's getting elite $ that can't play well enough to justify the franchise's commitment.

• Like 1

WTF is wrong with you? Why do you just look for an argument with me?

because you say braindead things, and then refuse to discuss them on any substantive level. every time you post something i disagree with and i respond with my disagreement, you cry about how i'm arguing just to argue. i'm not. i'm trying to have a discussion with someone who has a different opinion than me. typically, discussion boards are there for discussion, which involves a back-and-forth of differing viewpoints. you say something, someone disagrees with what you said and tells you why, you either defend your position or revise your statement. that's how it works. points are raised, considered, refuted, and debated until one party's viewpoint is changed or both agree to end the discussion. no one is out to get you, you just keep mentioning your oddly propaganda-like opinion, which is fooling people into thinking you want to have a discussion about it.

presumably, you would like to end the discussion, but if that is the case, stop saying things like "i support bryz", -a concept well worthy of debate given what has just happened and his contract- unless you would like to be part of the ongoing thread. if you post your opinion in a discussion thread and someone disagrees, they are going to say so. that's the whole point. making the intended use of the forum is not being a sophist, it is doing what this place is here to do.

@Phillygrump

Support him? You mean pretend he's good? Watch him mishandle pucks, kick out huge rebounds, watch pucks trickle towards the net and somehow go in, listen to his stupid anecdotes and say "Hey, Bryz wasn't so bad"?

I doubt Bryzgalov has read any of my comments toward him. The guy was given a truckload of money. He was nothing short of a huge letdown. He deserves all the scrutiny he's getting. if he wants a pat on the back...earn it! Coddling is for little babies, not 32 year old multi-millionaire professional athletes.

If you're on his side, fine. That's what this board is all about. We're all Philly fans (at least most of us) But we don't all have to agree. I went through the same thing last year with Mike Richards.

@aziz

Sophist- A person who uses clever or quibbling arguments that are fundamentally unsound.

I wouldn't use that word when describing you aziz.......

Pharisee,pedagogue,dogmatist,tartuffe,malingerer, lip server..........now those words maybe would be appropriate...... :rolleyes:

Caveat...this entire post is because I had to look up the word sophist........No feathers were meant to be ruffled in the making of this post....

@Phillygrump

If you're on his side, fine. That's what this board is all about. We're all Philly fans (at least most of us) But we don't all have to agree. I went through the same thing last year with Mike Richards.

Maybe it is like Bryz is a Special Olympics athlete. Everybody cheers for them......Would it be better if we thought of him that way?

I guess the way we can support Bryzgalov is to hope it took a 32-year old, 7-year NHL professional an entire year to adjust to his new surroundings. It's within the realm of possibility. Some guys take more than a season to get up to speed and play their best.

What worries me is Bryzgalov's best isn't exactly the stuff Conn Smythe winners are made of...

@flyerrod

Hmmm...nah, I still wouldn't like him. He'd still be the highest paid and near worst at his position.

I think it boils down to the fact that you have to root for him to do better even if you don't like him. The contract he has is going nowhere fast and I still would not want to see him in a car wreck. We just witnessed one of those that lasted about 80% of the season....

@flyerrod

Trust me, I want him to do better. I know we're stuck with him (it's likely the most untradeable contract in the NHL, and no, I NEVER said that about Carter or Richards) unless something unforeseen happens. I just don't see a whole lot of upside in any part of his game. It's not like he's great positionally, has fast reflexes, a great glove hand, handles the puck well but just had some bad bounces. He looks bad everywhere, and gets bad bounces.

because you say braindead things, and then refuse to discuss them on any substantive level. every time you post something i disagree with and i respond with my disagreement

Braindead things like Jagr will be outscored by Nodl?

Don't talk to me about saying braindead things. Geez.

Thats not how it goes either. You take one sentence out of my entire posts and make a whole other issue out of it. You just like to argue. You do it to other people too. Its one thing to disagree with something and say as much, its another thing to be generally argumentative. You are basically asking me to explain fan support to you. How is that a debatable statement?

I never expected to get attacked on here by saying I support a Flyer on the Flyers forum. I support Bryz is debatable? No, it isn't. He's going to be our goalie. There is nothing to do about it. You either can get on board or be bitter. I'm choosing not to be bitter.

I can't believe I have to explain that to you.

I know how discussion forums work. I have tons of discussions here. I don't like talking to you because you take everything out of context just so you can argue. You are generally kind of a smug d*ck. I'd appreciate it if you would avoid future interaction with me and I will do the same with you.

@flyercanuck

I was not a huge fan of the Richards trade either.

I'm not pretending anything. Bryzgalov is capable of playing better. He's had better years. If he puts one of those seasons together next year we may all feel differently. I'm going to hold out hope of that. In the meantime I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and be a Bryz fan.

Edited by Phillygrump

@Phillygrump

I'm OK with the Richards trade. I'm a big Braydon Schenn fan and Simmonds is the type of player we needed (though his playoff left a lot to be desired) It just seemed like I was one of the few people who didn't want to get rid of him last year. Much like the Bryz side is feeling this year.

The bright side is he's got to be better than he was this year. The bad part is, Philly doesn't play a system that covers for a goalies weaknesses. And I see plenty in his game. Hopefully a healthy Mez and maybe a bit more depth at D can help the cause.

Hopefully a healthy Mez and maybe a bit more depth at D can help the cause.

That's the hope - the only hope really. It's no coincidence Bryzgalov had his best month after we picked up Grossmann and the Team D came together - forwards played more responsibly, passing was much better under pressure, the wingers stayed close to take outlet passes, etc.

Basically Bryzgalov is going to need all the help he can get. And maybe the "system" folks are right, Lavy may have to adjust his "Attack" system a bit and concentrate more on protecting our net.

Bringing in a top goalie should NEVER warrant a system change to cover their mistakes. That just means they aren't a top goalie. "Fixing" the problem in net with a Bryzillion dollars and then bolstering the D is flat out stupid. Might as well keep Boosh/Bob at that rate.

Bryz needs to perform, period. Elite D or not, back checking or not. Those fundamentals are on him alone. If he's playing well and letting stuff in, we can talk. Until then, he needs to hold up his end of the bargain.

You are basically asking me to explain fan support to you. How is that a debatable statement?

because your version appears to be not having an opinion based on anything but some weird party line. although even that isn't true, because i *know* there have been guys in flyers jerseys who you did not pretend were super awesome.

I'd appreciate it if you would avoid future interaction with me and I will do the same with you.

that's fine. kinda sad, but fine. stay warm in your what-ever-you-say-mr-snider bubble.

ok, looking for an ignore button now.

I wouldn't use that word when describing you aziz.......

:D

we all have our gifts. lol.

i learn by picking points of view apart and seeing what is underneath them. i argue with rad all the time, but end up seeing things differently, because he elaborates when i question things he says. there is substance there that is worth investigating and understanding. i wouldn't really understand if i didn't test out the inner workings of the point of view. and i test them out by arguing about them. grump, on the other hand, gets upset when people try to look beyond the monosyllabic statements he makes. so..whatever.

ok, so i'm looking for an ignore button, any tips? if i see more illogical fluff from grump, i won't be able to resist calling him on it, and he must be protected from dissenting opinions. thinking can be painful. so....where's the ignore?

edit: ok, found it. grump, you are now safe. breathe easy.

Edited by aziz

Braindead things like Jagr will be outscored by Nodl?

Boom headshot! Never gets old, sorry aziz.

I do actually agree with aziz about expansion of ideas though. I think that concept makes this forum strong, and I learn about other points of view that way as well.

It's not just about explaining how to be a fan at a basic level, we've all got that down in our own ways. But the Bryz topic has been a hot one since there were rumors of Philly interest last summer. Elaboration I think is fair game, and I don't think it's personal against any individual here.

Boom headshot! Never gets old, sorry aziz.

lol, no, it doesn't. poor noodle.

everything resets next october, though, right? my comment record is 0-0-0, yes? bakanekimiwa has to change his sig and we pretend it never happened. right? please? :)

I don't think it's personal against any individual here.

no, it really isn't. grump thinks i'm out to get him or something, but the truth is i don't even realize i'm responding to the same person over and over. i respond to the things that warrant a response. it just so happens the same guy keeps saying things that need to be answered with a lolwut?

because i *know* there have been guys in flyers jerseys who you did not pretend were super awesome.

I never said anything about anyone being "super awesome". That is your problem. You infer WAY too much and then attack people based on your inferences. I don't know what you are talking about with "some weird party line." I never said anything like that. I could say its cold outside and you'd stretch that into me hating the climate in the United States.

I'd rather not be attacked and have my every word dissected out of context so lets leave it at that then. And yes it is rather sad.

I came here to discuss hockey, not to have to defend my every word like I'm on trial or something. You are the only person I've seen that acts like that. I don't wish to interact with you.

I do actually agree with aziz about expansion of ideas though. I think that concept makes this forum strong, and I learn about other points of view that way as well.

It's not just about explaining how to be a fan at a basic level, we've all got that down in our own ways. But the Bryz topic has been a hot one since there were rumors of Philly interest last summer. Elaboration I think is fair game, and I don't think it's personal against any individual here

Doom, I'll gladly elaborate an opinion, but my original response to the interview was this:

<<If Bryz says he's going to work harder and get better and he wants my support through this process then I am absolutely going to give it to him. He may have let me down, but like he says, he wears the Orange and Black and that makes him one of us.

I support Bryz.>>

Then aziz jumped down my throat turning that into me saying Bryz is super awesome. All I said was I'll support him. I'll be a Bryz fan next season.

My problem isn't with elaborating on ideas, my problem is with the same guy following me around and taking little blurbs from my posts and turning them into something I didn't say. He takes sections of my posts and dissects them out of context and attacks them. I didn't come on this forum to justify my every word to someone who wants to put his own spin on my posts.

<<that's fine. kinda sad, but fine. stay warm in your what-ever-you-say-mr-snider bubble.>>

See, where did I ever say that?

Also, the interview was about Bryz, not Snider.

You want to write a pro/anti piece about Snider and the Flyers FO then get a friggin blog. Don't put words in my mouth.