Coburn:From Mr. Rodgers to a Team Leader

Guest The Quigster

Here is a guy who is Big,athletic,dependable,and Dull. How can you get a guy with his skills to raise his level of play to become a Real Force? What would it take? He could become a great leader if he took advantage of his assets. So why doesn't he lead,assume more responsibility, what do you think?

We don't know what he's like in the locker room but I saw him lead in the last series, unfortunately it didn't appear that anyone was able to follow. In my mind he is one of the few who TRULY left it all on the ice!

• Like 1

Here is a guy who is Big,athletic,dependable,and Dull. How can you get a guy with his skills to raise his level of play to become a Real Force? What would it take? He could become a great leader if he took advantage of his assets. So why doesn't he lead,assume more responsibility, what do you think?

He was probably the most consistent player on the team during the playoffs, played huge minutes and didn't miss a game due to injury. What else does he need to do?

• Like 1

I like Cobourn alot, a heck of a player. Like someone already said, he did leave it all on the ice. The only knock I have on him is he can not get a puck through to the net to save his life. I would like to see him work on his shot, and he will become a complete dman in my book.

@

Very insightful and well thought out post. I'm sure that with such a creative pic and clever double entendre user name that you'll be quite an asset to this community.

you know, he may actually be onto something though. A player's face may factor into things a little more than we think. I for one used to hate looking at Matthew Barnaby, especially when he smiled. He doesn't bother me now (nor his face) but in his playing days it was a face you wanted to see someone hit.

I think I heard back in the day players felt the same way about Keith Jones. There was a guy with little skill, yet player engaged him on a regular basis. HA

I wish he played a little angrier

I love his game when he plays with an edge, dude can be straight up nasty!

and shot more - like he used to playing with Timonen (pre face smashing).

shoot, yes, carry the puck in deep to help the O? no way. Anytime I saw a defender skate the puck in deep I cringed thinking about what the state of the blue line was. I would like to see him develop his shot to be a little more like Pronger's bomb from the blue line. That shot is sorely missed.

I didn't say carry it in the zone. Coburn used to have a decent shot when he was paired with Kimmo a few years ago. Then his face was lit up. To this day, he's never been the same, though improved in other ways.

Unless of course, that's because of the changes in coaches.

Guest Hugo Pfister
@ Very insightful and well thought out post. I'm sure that with such a creative pic and clever double entendre user name that you'll be quite an asset to this community.

Xxxxxx XXX xx x XX X X X x x x XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX X xxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXX xxxxxxxxxxx

He's solid for sure, but I can't stand to look at the dude. Reminds me of that whiney sappy singer out of Coldplay. He has the kind of face I just wanna pulverise.

So who do you think is the yummiest looking Bruin? Marchant?

I for one used to hate looking at Matthew Barnaby, especially when he smiled. He doesn't bother me now (nor his face) but in his playing days it was a face you wanted to see someone hit.

Barnaby has a face that could make a mother drop kick her own newborn baby

Guest Hugo Pfister

So who do you think is the yummiest looking Bruin? Marchant?

XxxxxX X xxxxXX xxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXX xxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXxxxxx X XxxxX xxxx

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i would thing headed into next season Coburn and GrossamnN will be counted on to be the team's shut down pair when going against the other teams top unit...

...also barring any unforeseen injuries you know the Flyers luck.

Timonen i'm sure will miss the first month or two while healing from surgeries. Certainly don't won't to have to rely on Gus, MAB playing for the big club to start the season.

No Lilja either.

Homer can land a cornerstone blueliner to add to the mix.

Regardless next year will be huge for Coby and Gross hope they prepare in the off sesson accordingly....

I was thinking more of skating,shooting,joining the rush,take a little risk,and just maybe(and I know this is a lot to ask)crash the net. Every now and then he show what he is capable of and then goes back into a shell, instead of a little "Scorched Earth" hockey. He probably thinks it is "A beautiful day in the neighborhood". Where is every body getting their info about the draft prospects?

I was thinking more of skating,shooting,joining the rush,take a little risk,and just maybe(and I know this is a lot to ask)crash the net. Every now and then he show what he is capable of and then goes back into a shell, instead of a little "Scorched Earth" hockey. He probably thinks it is "A beautiful day in the neighborhood". Where is every body getting their info about the draft prospects?

While i don't consider myself to be Mr. Internet, I imagine if you Google "NHL draft prospects" you may find something.