Unsung Hero in this Series?

Guest AndyS

I thought he had a decent game last night. He was willing to park himself in front of the net (which I don't recall seeing him do in Philly). He did miss on one really great opportunity in front of the net in that game.

I thought he had a decent game last night. He was willing to park himself in front of the net (which I don't recall seeing him do in Philly). He did miss on one really great opportunity in front of the net in that game.

Another goal-line miss for Carter. Good thing this time it didn't cost his team. He notoriously comes up small in the playoffs and will go down as the worst 40 goal scorer in the history of the game IMHO.

• Like 1

Another goal-line miss for Carter. Good thing this time it didn't cost his team. He notoriously comes up small in the playoffs and will go down as the worst 40 goal scorer in the history of the game IMHO.

Really? I can name worse 50 goal scorers. Kevin Stevens did it twice. I'd rather have Carter. Gary Leeman?

I don't dislike Carter, but him missing that wide open net in game #6 in the SCF will always be my lasting image of him.

How in the world does someone who has played hockey his whole life miss that shot? Especially a guy who is known for having a great wrist shot?

Rooting hard for Richards to win the Cup, though. He will always be a Flyer in my book.

Really? I can name worse 50 goal scorers. Kevin Stevens did it twice. I'd rather have Carter. Gary Leeman?

Carter over Stevens?? Not a chance! How many 50 goal scorers did it with his brutal playing style and wracking up over 200 penalty minutes in a season. Anyone who got in his way paid for it, and the guy had great hands! Stevens was a GREAT power forward... until he smashed his face, became a drug using alcoholic and banged hookers all the time.. but up till then...!!!

How in the world does someone who has played hockey his whole life miss that shot? Especially a guy who is known for having a great wrist shot?

Stress! I know it sucks but simple fact is a lot of great players have their moments of "squeezing the stick too tightly". but you knew that... LOL

My guess is . . . Jeff Carter.

He's just due. And his wrist shot could be a big weapon against a goalie like Smith.

Playoff hat trick! Just saying.

We just saw Phoenix quit. They know they can't win this series (just like Pitt vs. the Flyers).

We just saw Phoenix quit. They know they can't win this series (just like Pitt vs. the Flyers).

Just remember we took the next two games... and made a series of it again. I don't know if Phoenix has that in them though. The Kings are playing pretty darn good hockey right now. And like you siad, Carter stepping up cannot bode well for opponents. They were doing well without his contributing...

• Like 1

Just remember we took the next two games... and made a series of it again. I don't know if Phoenix has that in them though. The Kings are playing pretty darn good hockey right now. And like you siad, Carter stepping up cannot bode well for opponents. They were doing well without his contributing...

PHX and their fans should be proud that their team made it this far. They have been winning games by the skin of their teeth (how many of their playoff games went to OT?).

They just don't have the talent/depth (like your Pens) to keep pace with LA.

And Quick is just on another planet right now.

I saw an article that described the Yotes as "outmatched" and I think it is an apt term. Hard to imagine Phoenix making it close let alone winning the series. They are getting beaten by a bigger, faster, deeper more skilled team with better goaltending that is playing well. There is not a lot Phoenix can do about it.

• Like 1

I saw an article that described the Yotes as "outmatched" and I think it is an apt term. Hard to imagine Phoenix making it close let alone winning the series. They are getting beaten by a bigger, faster, deeper more skilled team with better goaltending that is playing well. There is not a lot Phoenix can do about it.

They were very lucky to get past the first two rounds.

No shame in losing to the Kings.

They were very lucky to get past the first two rounds.

No shame in losing to the Kings.

Agreed on all counts... the Kings are awfully tough right now. They peaked at the right time it would seem.