How on earth is Giroux behind these people in AS voting?

Guest Poulin20

Popularity contest or not, Lupul and Michalek are more popular than Giroux leaguewide? It absolutely boggles the mind. Crosby I understand as he is living off of past accomplishments but these other guys? Is Giroux flying under the radar or something, they gush over him in the national media and on NHL newtwork.

Popularity contest or not, Lupul and Michalek are more popular than Giroux leaguewide? It absolutely boggles the mind. Crosby I understand as he is living off of past accomplishments but these other guys? Is Giroux flying under the radar or something, they gush over him in the national media and on NHL newtwork.

Is it really that hard to figure out? Lupul plays in Toronto, and Michalek plays for Ottawa. The AS game is in Ottawa this year. Mystery solved.

It's always been more of a popularity contest than anything -- Remember, Crosby was on the ballot before playing any games this year. (Obviously, he fits the all-star requirements... just one of the pitfalls of "fan" voting...)

Thus the reason I pay very little attention to the all star game anymore. The system is a joke

Bluntly, I would be okay if only a few Flyers went to the all-star game. Let them rest up.

It only sucks because there are guys who deserve the 'honor' if you will...especially the unheralded Timonen. By the same token, he's exactly the kind of guy who could use the rest.

i noticed this last week so i spent about 10 mins (very LONG mins) voting for our Flyers players. Like others mentioned, it's mostly Toronto/Ottawa fans voting to the limit (i think it's like 30 times/day?) for their hometown guys, NOT for those that really deserve it.

Daniel Alfredsson

Jason Spezza

Joffrey Lupul

Milan Michalek

Are you NHL fans serious????

It's a total joke. But Giroux will rightfully be on the team as well as Jagr. Who could forget the infamous Rory Fitzpatrick voting scandal? http://canesallstars.wordpress.com/

Not to mention the controversy with the Canadiens rigging the voting.