I can't help it Flyers fans.. a little turnabout...

Guest Polaris922

Turnabout is fair play right? After your boys cleaned mine out of the playoffs, I took the shots with a smile and tried to remember the sportsmanship around it all. Well now that a week has gone by and I am hoping some of you have recovered enough to take a barb or two.. here goes...

*This videotape is now available on eBay: "Flyers: The Glory Years." $5 for the tape, $300 for the Betamax player.

*A Philadelphia brewery sold a product called Crosby's Tears. Will a Pittsburgh bakery start producing Bryzgalov's Turnovers?

THIRTY-SEVEN YEARS!? Jesus didn't live that long...

(Thanks to Mark Madden for collecting these on his radio show)

And lastly... they've come up with a new team concept for you guys...

post-649-0-99830100-1337075545_thumb.jpg

Okay... please don't kill me ;) LOL

Will a Pittsburgh bakery start producing Bryzgalov's Turnovers?

1)I think Bryzgalov has the market cornered on that one...........

2)I don't get the basketball reference but then again I don't follow that sport either.....

3) It doesn't hurt near as bad when you know the shots fired have come from a sank ship...... :D

Ouch. Clever shirt concept though. D*ck. :)

I thought so... LOL

2)I don't get the basketball reference but then again I don't follow that sport either.....

3) It doesn't hurt near as bad when you know the shots fired have come from a sank ship...... :D

Well the shirt concept isn't basketball so much as the correlation between the basketball team being the 76'ers and your hockey team not winning a cup since '75.. hence the 75'ers. As for the sank ship... it sucks for us both! Neither of us made it far from harbor it seems... shame when people were saying the series should've been the conference final!

Well the shirt concept isn't basketball so much as the correlation between the basketball team being the 76'ers and your hockey team not winning a cup since '75.. hence the 75'ers.

Skull is kind of thick right now but yes I would classify that as a subtle zinger.......

I don't get it. Even Leon Stickle knows that the Flyers were the rightful winners of the Cup in 1980.

True story, I have an officially licensed 1987 Flyers Stanley Cup Champs t shirt, so that brings us to only 25 Cupless years....dad came up with the shirt somehow, I *think* he actually talked a guy into selling it to him before game 7. Which would possibly be the mother of all jinxes, I should post a pic of it here so we can have an exorcism

Yeah I'll say.. but those shirts always seem to get out after the series is decided. Now I think they ship them off to starving nations or something. Saw a championship jersey on a hunger awareness commercial for a team that hadn't won one. I think it was Vancouver a couple years ago.