“KRON-VALLED”

Guest hf101

Guess he didn't review any film, eh? :)

Even in the Olympics, that's not a penalty!

Love the quotes, 101! Unnecessary, but make the post more fun! I think you were just trying to get me going.

In all seriousness, I hope that the league includes one or more of his hits in their "legal hits" video for this upcoming season to delineate the reasons his hits are legal--that's if they do one at all.

At the risk of drawing the ire of all the Flyers fans here, do you suppose he was channeling Jakub Voracek for this hit? It's exactly the same but with different colored shirts...

You won't get my ire. I like Kronwall. Wish he was a Flyer, actually.

At the risk of drawing the ire of all the Flyers fans here, do you suppose he was channeling Jakub Voracek for this hit? It's exactly the same but with different colored shirts...

Except, thankfully, no fencing response. I don't care how clean his hits are, even I don't care to see injuries result from them. Bell rung? Maybe. But not serious injury. No one wants that.

4min for roughing, lol

That WAS ridiculous!

Kronwall Hits Havlat - Wings at Blackhawks Game 3 - May 22 09 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KJm-qcnnC0

So was the penalty call for "interference." Puck in Havlat's feet? LOL!

@ruxpin-

I just don't like the fact that he is leaving his feet. He has mastered his technique for sure, but 8 out of 10 of these hits he is thrusting his legs and propelling his body upward into the opposing player. I know I would undoubtedly not mind him as a Flyer at all. Just as I did not mind Lindros as a Flyer (when he was at his nasty best). My beef is that Kronwall never answers the bell for these hits (unlike lindros). That's part because of the instigator rule and part just because he is a plan p u s s y outside of these hard hits.

• Like 1

@JackStraw

Interesting that he was such a late bloomer to the NHL. That said, I am not sure I like the contract he signed with detroit. He is basically signed until he is 39. Prior to the last two seasons, He was injured for 20% of the time.

Still, a player you love to have on your team and hate on the other team.

@JackStraw

Interesting that he was such a late bloomer to the NHL. That said, I am not sure I like the contract he signed with detroit. He is basically signed until he is 39. Prior to the last two seasons, He was injured for 20% of the time.

Still, a player you love to have on your team and hate on the other team.

I didn't realize the contract was so long. I guess they're hoping he'll last as long as Lidstrom, which I doubt. Still, he's got a bunch of good years ahead of him.