Boring Playoffs?

Guest Spinorama

Mind you, I'm not suggesting they are. In fact, I haven't watched a single game outside of the Flyers games and have only seen highlights of all the others, which obviously doesn't give you a feel of the entertainment level as viewing it goes.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/darren_eliot/05/16/rangers.playoffs.defense/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2

Saw this posted elsewhere and thought it was an interesting read.

what say those who've been keeping up with the playoffs even though the Flyers have been eliminated?

they're never boring. every year i wonder if these are the best playoffs i've ever seen. every year they are just more and more exciting. hockey playoffs are the best of any sport by any measure. i don't even have to read that article to know that the writer is a no talent a s s clown who knows absolutely zero about hockey.

• Like 1

Mind you, I'm not suggesting they are. In fact, I haven't watched a single game outside of the Flyers games and have only seen highlights of all the others, which obviously doesn't give you a feel of the entertainment level as viewing it goes.

http://sportsillustr...p&sct=hp_t11_a2

Saw this posted elsewhere and thought it was an interesting read.

what say those who've been keeping up with the playoffs even though the Flyers have been eliminated?

I haven't watched a game since the flyers lost. Usually, after committing so much time (every other night) to watch the flyers (inevitably lose) games, i have had enough. Was thinking the other day that i might not be a fan of hockey, per se- but a FLYERS fan. I watch olympic hockey feverishly, regardless of teams though, which seems odd.

i'm able to watch the remaining games as a detached observer. it's kind of nice actually, i don't get a knot in my stomach when a team crosses the blue line with the puck, I haven't seen any soft goals. the officiating still sucks but hey they can't help themselves.

it is sort of fun, the rangers NJ series can be a little tough to watch at times because of the teams styles of play but the western conference finals have been entertaining.

i'm able to watch the remaining games as a detached observer. it's kind of nice actually, i don't get a knot in my stomach when a team crosses the blue line with the puck, I haven't seen any soft goals. the officiating still sucks but hey they can't help themselves.

it is sort of fun, the rangers NJ series can be a little tough to watch at times because of the teams styles of play but the western conference finals have been entertaining.

LOL! it does make for a more enjoyable experience doesn't it?

I was going to say the same thing. I can watch a game without the sick feeling. I mean, I have my bets I put in but who cares if you really lose. And yes, these games are low scoring but are tense and kinda fun to watch. First and foremost I'm a Flyers fan but I'm also a hockey fan and can enjoy watching other games...

Jeff Carter forechecking,hangin' around the goal crease,its amazing! I know his mom would be proud! Regarding the playoffs,I could watch em' all summer.If La keeps going it will finally decide if the WEST is really tougher.

I don't really like Carter but IF he is finally manning up, good for him.... Go Richards, Hexy, Gags & Stevens (who is baking a cake right now) ! I'm all in for them.

i'm able to watch the remaining games as a detached observer. it's kind of nice actually, i don't get a knot in my stomach when a team crosses the blue line with the puck

I wish that was me now. I'm still bent over the NJ series. and while i absolutely do not want the Kings to win it, it's really tough to get behind NJ, who chumped us, or New York, who owned us all year.

I don't recall who I am quoting on this but "Break out the dog $hit and vomit sauce........" because it certainly looks like the Kings have already got the Cup...... :o

@flyerrod

lol that was me.....except it was a comparison to the Rags winning a Cup, I'm ok with LA....even if it means that floater Carter gets a ring

I didn't read the article, but from what I have watched all playoffs, the only series that can be boring to watch is any series in which the Rags are playing. I don't blame them for their style, as it has them on track to make the finals, but I have a hard time watching a series where there are so many blocked shots and so few goals. Defensive hockey is just boring to me. Goals and fights seem to generate more excitement than hearing Doc and Edzo get all excited about yet another blocked shot by Callahan. It is frustrating to watch, even as a non-fan of both teams playing. Again, I can't fault them for playing that way, but it makes for boring hockey IMO. Not saying I enjoy completely open hockey either. I hate when the refs don't allow players to play legit D, which makes for those ridiculous games immediately after the lock out.

Anyone know the national tv ratings by series?

I don't know if this helps, but the Devils have been grinding the Rangers ass since game 2... If not for the king playing out of his mind on saturday this series could easily be 2-1 the other way

@quiqly46

"Jeff Carter forechecking,hangin' around the goal crease,its amazing! I know his mom would be proud! Regarding the playoffs,I could watch em' all summer."

Along these lines, I have always wondered why they don't hold the world championships in late August / early september. I understand training camps and all that, but if teams are going to go let them play in April / May, why not August / September when a vast more majority of NHL stars can (and presumably willingly) participate.

I still enjoy watching the Worlds, but when you see Peter Nedved skating for Czech Republic, it really gives you a strong sense at just how watered down the World Championships are as compared NHL playoffs and Olympic hockey.