This just in Devils do not suck

Guest mojo1917

Since game 2 the devils have been having their way with the rangers. If not for lundquist being all world the devils could be up 2-1 or worse...seeing this play out as it has is making me feel less bad about our teams exit

LOL.

@doom88

I don't like when the Flyers lose either, however the debs are playing some good ball, it wasn't the flyers self destructing. They got beat by a team playing as well as they can, and that team is doing the same thing to the chalk of the east.

Wasn't some bs fluke is all I'm saying

LOL.

@doom88

I don't like when the Flyers lose either, however the debs are playing some good ball, it wasn't the flyers self destructing. They got beat by a team playing as well as they can, and that team is doing the same thing to the chalk of the east.

Wasn't some bs fluke is all I'm saying

HOLY ****..........that is it!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole time the Flyers were playing hockey!!!!!!!

And them bastards where playin BALL!!!!

WHO KNEW??

• Like 1

This just in Devils do not suck

is this forum filled with nothing but unintelligent morons? no **** the devils dont suck..did you watch the ****** quarterfinals??? insuffrable the amount of idiocy on this forum. did we really improve anything from philly.com?? no, i think. we lost the trolls but kept the typical philly morons

is this forum filled with nothing but unintelligent morons? no **** the devils dont suck..did you watch the ****** quarterfinals??? insuffrable the amount of idiocy on this forum. did we really improve anything from philly.com?? no, i think. we lost the trolls but kept the typical philly morons

insuffrable you say!? it IS _insufferable_ the amount of idiocy... no only on this forum! i'll cut you some slack... with a timestamp of 3:17am you're either gonna be angry drunk or up late for some miserable reason like work.

The puzzling thing to me is where are the Devils that sucked vs the Panthers and vs the Flyers in game 1?

They never really sucked, they only finished 1 point behind us and beat a decent Florida team even tho it went 7. As much as I HATE NJ and anything Devils, they have a chance to knock off the #1 seed and I sure didn't think they had a chance.

Your the one who sounds like a troll... The Moderators will be watching...

They never really sucked, they only finished 1 point behind us and beat a decent Florida team even tho it went 7. As much as I HATE NJ and anything Devils, they have a chance to knock off the #1 seed and I sure didn't think they had a chance.
The Devils struggled for good parts of the season and were only 1 pt behind us due to a plethora of shootout wins. The Flyers had 43 Regulation and OT wins while the Devils only had 36 Regulation/OT wins. 12 of their wins (and hence extra points) came via shootout. They were not really that good of a team in the Regular season. Florida was an even worse team in the regular season and only had home ice becaue they won a very crappy division. The Devils looked horiffic in that series only to pull it out in the end. (Brodeur couldnt stop a beach ball for much of that series). Sometime during game 2 vs the Flyers something clicked and the Devils hit their stride and they have been on a tear ever since. Before that though they were not anything special IMHO. Edited by Poulin20

The Devils struggled for good parts of the season and were only 1 pt behind us due to a plethora of shootout wins. The Flyers had 43 Regulation and OT wins while the Devils only had 36 Regulation/OT wins. 12 of their wins (and hence extra points) came via shootout. They were not really that good of a team in the Regular season. Florida was an even worse team in the regular season and only had home ice becaue they won a very crappy division. The Devils looked horiffic in that series only to pull it out in the end. (Brodeur couldnt stop a beach ball for much of that series). Sometime during game 2 vs the Flyers something clicked and the Devils hit their stride and they have been on a tear ever since. Before that though they were not anything special IMHO.

I think they were the hottest team in the league for the 2nd half of the season. One of the hottest anyway.

Sometime during game 2 vs the Flyers something clicked and the Devils hit their stride and they have been on a tear ever since. Before that though they were not anything special IMHO.

@Poulin20

For me it was in the first period, when the Flyers were up 1-0 and Briere in tight to the net hit the crossbar (I think) in back of Broduer.....wonder how things woulda been different if he buries that shot.....dammit

So, how do you really feel? Jeez ;)

Everyone has their own opinions and as said before, I believe you might have missed the sarcasm train on this one.

hello, nice to see you. who are you, again?

Why yes i did watch the series, the flyer got their asses kicked. clearly you're missing the tongue in cheek nature of this post.

every "hockey analyst" nationally and columnist in the philly press was putting the flyers through to the next round, people around here were, thinking sweep after game 1 because of how well the flyers played in periods 2 and 3 of that game. Then NJ found the gas pedal and got excellent play from guys I didn't expect ( and i don't think a whole lot of other people did either) . the gionta line was really good for them as an example. so now that i've explained the post and kind of ruined the humor...

perhaps you'd like to add something of value ?

if so, i'd like to see what that may be.

the results of the Devils/ Rangers series are starting to become just.

The Devils are beating the Rangers just like they did the Flyers. the difference between 4-1 and 4-2 will be Lundquist, who has kept the rangers in striking distance despite the fact he's been under siege for 10 periods... only in the 2nd and 3rd did the Rangers start to play in the Devils zone.

e...putting the flyers through to the next round, people around here were, thinking sweep after game 1

Nope, not me.

because of how well the flyers played in periods 2 and 3 of that game.

We didn't play that well in game 1. I was very worried after game 1

Nope, not me.

We didn't play that well in game 1. I was very worried after game 1

my memories of elias and broduer killing the flyers remained pretty vivid...so i thought we'd win, but also thought it would not be easy, i sure as hell did not expect the beating they gave us.

my memories of elias and broduer killing the flyers remained pretty vivid...so i thought we'd win...

I'm not sure what you mean.

Here's what I'd say.

The problems we had vs NJ, viz:

- getting hemmed in our own zone

- poor puck pursuit because of poor dumps/no energy (see above)

- poor puck possession (lost faceoffs, lost battles, giveaways)

- poor gap control

- poor (none) puck support in all areas of the ice

- etc

All those things were evident in game 1. Then, by half way through game 2, it was pretty clear that we were seriously screwed, especially with the way certain guys were playing (Giroux especially). The problems were systemic (oh no look what I did, now we have to go thru the whole "we need a new system" crap again).

Naturally, I held out some small hope that someone could emerge as a difference-maker, change the momentum, but I was prepared for the loss in game 5 and planned for it.

Edited by Podein25