This just in Devils do not suck

Guest mojo1917

@podein25

what i meant by that was, the devils occupy a dark corner in my mind. with the exception of the last 3 years they have owned us and some of the guys who did much of the damage were still on the roster. specifically brodeur and elias no need to explain marty but elias always seemed to be the guy to lift the stick of the open shooter or score the backbreaking goal in a tight game. so because those guys were still around i didn't think the flyers were going to roll the devils, i thought it would be a tough series.

by the time game 5 rolled around i was resigned to the fact the devils would win and was not surprised the way it ended; but prior to game 1 I wasn't thinking the devils would out class us the way they did, and are now doing to the mighty Rangers.

Edited by mojo1917

I was shocked when so many people looked past the Devils. They were on a huge winning streak at the end of the season and finished one point behind us in the standings. I still can't believe Florida was up 3 games to 2 on them.

I was shocked when so many people looked past the Devils. They were on a huge winning streak at the end of the season and finished one point behind us in the standings. I still can't believe Florida was up 3 games to 2 on them.

As I said earlier in the thread we all got taken in because the Devils did suck vs the Panthers early on (Brodeur looked like a washed up old man giving up Bryz specials). While we were not dominant vs the Devils in the regular season we certainly did not have these types of troubles vs them. The 1 pt behind us argument is very deceptive becase of the shootout. The Flyers had 43 Regulation and OT wins while the Devils only had 36 Regulation/OT wins. 12 of the Devils pts came from SO. I dont think they were as good as their point total suggested.

They did win their last 6 but few took notice of that as we were experienceing the pre-Pens series fireworks at the time and what with the way we beat the Pens and the way the Debbies looked vs FLA it looked like a slam dunk to the ECF. I do not blame our fans for looking past them.

Edited by Poulin20