Injuries got best of James van Riemsdyk in long season

Guest Irishjim

The first column really slams him hard... The second seems to tear into him then hopes for him to be a fixed fellow. Guess we'll be watching the off season closely for news of him.

I would be surprised if they traded him, but he clearly is generating some concern in Chicago:

After reading the eye witness accounts, I don't think the Hawks could give him away. He has issues. Serious ones. Strangely, JvR says he considers Kane a close friend. That's fine by me, as long as he doesn't hang out with him.

Edited by terp

@terp

"After reading the eye witness accounts, I don't think the Hawks could give him away. "

C'mon. Not a SINGLE source name. Just blank messages. I know where there is smoke there is fire, but in reading the "witness accounts", not a single name of a person? Truthfully it almost seems slanderous and liable.

@terp

"After reading the eye witness accounts, I don't think the Hawks could give him away. "

C'mon. Not a SINGLE source name. Just blank messages. I know where there is smoke there is fire, but in reading the "witness accounts", not a single name of a person? Truthfully it almost seems slanderous and liable.

The lack of footnotes doesn't trouble me. The reporter spoke to several eyewitnesses who saw him at various times during the weekend and whose accounts were consistent in describing him as very drunk and out of control. This isn't fabricated.

@terp

So, what is Kane doing- throwing a bunch of hush money around? I just don't get it. It just feels whisper down the line-ish to me. Meaning, that there is some truth there, but also and equal portion of fabrication.

Don't get me wrong. I don't like Kane at all. While very skilled, I find him one dimensional. He reminds a bit of Alex Kovalev. He could / can / is great, but only when he wants to be and that is becoming less and less. For the most part, he plays a 120 foot game.

It looks more and more (at this point) that Couture is the true stud of that draft class.