Congrats to the Flyers West (Kings)

Guest TedZep

@TedZep

I think FlyerRod would get a gun if the Kings win!! (about time we stir the pot a bit on this board!!!).

Dustin Brown is a gamer that plays on the edge. If he was a Flyer, ALL- including FlyerRod would adore him (ala Kronwall).

In all seriousness, I thought this was a well called game and relatively evenly called (called pens vs. non-calls were even for both sides).

With any of the three remaining winning a Cup, it's not something I want to see. Always hated NJ from all the times they beat us and the frsutration that goes with it, never liked the Ranjerks and that windbag Torts, and seeing LA win immediately after Richards and Carter are traded there does not make the Flyers look so great either. So, I guess LA winning is the lesser of three evils, but seeing those two win a Cup has got to make all of us a bit ticked. Just seems like the Flyers can never get it all together no matter who they have.

I know you guys are fond of the Flyers West nickname because of Richards and Carter, but the Kings have so much more than just these two going for them. Kopitar, Briwn, Doughty, Quick... Even their role players are having major impacts on the game. And look at how well Quick is making reflex saves! Talk about piquing at the right time!

@AndyS Going to the SCF's in his Gagne Jersey?

I would LOVE to make it to one of these games in LA. Doubt that we can afford it, even if a ticket were available, though.

I actually sold my Gagne jersey. Regret that decision.

Still have a Richards Flyers jersey. That is what I would wear.

With any of the three remaining winning a Cup, it's not something I want to see. Always hated NJ from all the times they beat us and the frsutration that goes with it, never liked the Ranjerks and that windbag Torts, and seeing LA win immediately after Richards and Carter are traded there does not make the Flyers look so great either. So, I guess LA winning is the lesser of three evils, but seeing those two win a Cup has got to make all of us a bit ticked. Just seems like the Flyers can never get it all together no matter who they have.

Would really enjoy seeing the Kings pummel the Rangers.

@Polaris922

add Gagne and Williams to the list. Along with John Stevens and Ron Hextall.

flyers west comes as much from Hextall being the GM as it does the 4 former players on the roster.

Agreed about Kopitar he has been great in the playoffs this year. Quick is proving he is elite.

too bad your team let scuderi go...he's a solid guy on the back line for them, i always liked his game.

it is funny richards and carter are still doing the same stupid crap they did here though, richards still making blind , backhand cross ice passes and carter is still forgetting that he's 63" and can probably take a hit, they were both minus players last night, i know that's skewed because they play PK too. still.

they're better able to succeed out there because they're not the stars of the show but important pieces of the cast. big difference from here.

And agreed about Carter & Richards doing well because of not suffering the limelight. They won't get minus on the PK though so your number isn't skewed. The Kings just have a whole team mentality right now. Everyone is accountable!

Dustin Brown is a gamer that plays on the edge. If he was a Flyer, ALL- including FlyerRod would adore him (ala Kronwall).

I would be embarassed to call Kronwall anything but a *****. He can don the O&B as soon as I cut my genitals off and have a sex change.....(lets just say, not any time soon)

Dustin Brown is morphing into a "Letang" type soccer diver...I used to like him and would have welcomed him to the Flyers at one point but not now....You are mistaken Van when you think I hate the Kings...Brown and Carter , them I dislike...the rest of them have my blessing, especially over thr rags or devils...

I know you guys are fond of the Flyers West nickname because of Richards and Carter, but the Kings have so much more than just these two going for them. Kopitar, Briwn, Doughty, Quick... Even their role players are having major impacts on the game. And look at how well Quick is making reflex saves! Talk about piquing at the right time!

I wasn't just Carter and Richy...

...Dean Lombardi, Hextall John Steven, Terry Murray, Justin Williams, Gagne even though he hasn't played in a while he will suit up for the finals i bet and even Colin Fraser is a former Flyer...

...alot of X-Flyer guys...so Flyer West suits it....

• Like 1

@Windy City Flyer

"and seeing LA win immediately after Richards and Carter are traded there does not make the Flyers look so great either. So, I guess LA winning is the lesser of three evils, but seeing those two win a Cup has got to make all of us a bit ticked. Just seems like the Flyers can never get it all together no matter who they have."

Two words: Jonathan Quick. The Flyers lament has always been the goaltender (though truthfully that is not why they lost to the Devils). I think all of us have to do a reality check and remember that the Flyers completely overhauled their roster with the Carter / Richards trades and dressed no less than 9 rookies this season. Anyone who thought we were going to win the Holy Grail THIS year has to be off their rocker.

Our defense needs to be tightened up and we screwed the pooch on Bryz.

I personally don't mind Richards raising the cup. He has one everywhere he has been and he found a team where he does not have to be THE guy. Carter, well that guy steps in poo poo and makes it smell like roses. I have not watched many of the Kings game, but in the game 5 I was very impressed with his two-way play with Richards. That line with Penner is a VERY tough line (and that is LA's number two line).

Back to my original two words: Jonathan Quick. If we had Jonathan Quick, we would still be playing (IMHO). Lundqvist will get the Vezina, but Quick deserves it just as much.

• Like 1

@Polaris922

"And look at how well Quick is making reflex saves! Talk about piquing at the right time!"

No offense dude, but that is a pretty lame comment. Quick is a Vezina finalist and I would be hard pressed as a voter to choose between him and Lundqvist.

Jonathan Quick regular season: 1.95 gaa .929 save pctg (69 gp)

Jonathan Quick post season: 1.54 gaa .946 save pctg (14 gp)

Elevated a bit, sure, but piquing? The difference between those numbers is marginal when looking at games played. If you are going to write anything, you should be writing about how LA has elevated their offensive game (3rd in the playoffs at 2.93 goals per game, only Pitts and Flyers had a higher average). I guess my point is that Quick is doing what he has done all year long and in my mind is the #1 goalie in the league. I like Lundqvist allot, but the d-corps in front of him is much more solid than LA's d core.

The Kings are in a DANDY situation regarding goaltending. Quick is a UFA after next year. They still have Bernier (who will be an RFA after next year) and while not YET as good as quick is only 23 and was tagged at one point to be THE guy in net for them.

@mojo1917

"flyers west comes as much from Hextall being the GM as it does the 4 former players on the roster."

Hextall is the vice-president and assistant GM and Dean Lombardi (who was also with the Flyers organization) is the president and GM for LA.

Hextall will be a GM somewhere someday but not without a presidency position as well. Why would he leave the LA situation when he is a VP over hockey operations AND an asst GM?

I really like Homer, but things that make you go "hmmmm" as BOTH lombardi and hextall where in the Flyers organization.

@Polaris922

"And my opinion of Hextall wouldn't be welcome here. Lol"

An opinion as a player from an opposing teams fan is one thing, but an opinion of Hextall as a hockey team senior administrator is another. One might argue that he is 10x better in the later as the former. He is a tremendous front office guy. Don't confuse Ron Hextall front office guy with Garth Snow front office guy. It is night and day. :-)

• Like 1