NHL investigating the Coyotes' post game antics

Guest hf101

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7962153

The NHL is further investigating the postgame actions and comments of some Phoenix Coyotes players after their season-ending, overtime loss in the Western Conference finals, league executive vice president Colin Campbell told ESPN.com on Thursday.

The league is not pleased with some of what happened after Dustin Penner's overtime winner Tuesday night for the Kings, including Coyotes center Martin Hanzal skating aggressively toward a referee and making a gesture, goalie Mike Smith throwing his stick and Keith Yandle's postgame comment in which he suggested it was no surprise the calls didn't go his team's way given the similar colors of the refs' and Kings' uniforms.

"Their actions were unprofessional and unacceptable," Campbell told ESPN.com.

The Coyotes were upset and emotional after their season ended just moments after Kings winger Dustin Brown crushed Coyotes defenseman Michal Rozsival with a controversial, borderline hit. There was no penalty on the play.

The league may decide to do nothing, but also could fine some players $2,500 apiece, the maximum under the collective bargaining agreement.

" "Their actions were unprofessional

and unacceptable," Campbell told

ESPN.com."

Kinda like every action Campbell took when he was discipline czar.

Really, Drew Doughty was 10 times as 'unprofesional' when he got called for interference and chased after the ref, yelling and banging his stick on the ice. Why no official admonishment for him? Honesty some of the tools running this league are an absolute joke.

• Like 3

@sarsippius

"Really, Drew Doughty was 10 times as 'unprofesional' when he got called for interference and chased after the ref, yelling and banging his stick on the ice. Why no official admonishment for him? Honesty some of the tools running this league are an absolute joke."

Totally agree and he should have definitely got an unsportsmanlike additional minor. However, the initial interference call was complete BS IMO, yet that does not give one the right to act like a complete jackass.

I do find it humorous how Coyotes want to say none of the calls went their way. PP in OT on a marginal call?? Try scoring a PP game wining goal or STFU.

Browns hit on Rozsival was not knee to knee. It was however and intentional elbow to the head. Why the Refs don't get together with the linesman and have a pow wow on "what did you see" is beyond me. I am not sure if they would have caught that as it happened so fast and was very sly. I only caught it on the replay and only from one of the camera angles and after watching it for about the 10th time.

@Vanflyer

The biggest problem I had with the call was the timing. IF there were a call to be made, it should have been made when Doughty initially impeded the progress of the Yote player, because that is where the only possible infraction occurred. But it wasn't, it was made 3-4 seconds after that, as the home crowd screamed about the subsequent part of the play....which was completely legal. Right as he was to be pissed about the call, he's also lucky they didn't give him a misconduct for acting like smacked a$$.

And humans being human, subject to our biases whether we're actively aware of them or not, I bet the blown offsides call a few minutes later would have gone his way if his tantrum wasn't still fresh in the mind of the linesman.

• Like 1