Beating the Flyers a lucky charm?

Guest trevluk

The last 3 teams to beat the Flyers in the playoffs has gone on to win the Stanley Cup. The Devils could make it 4. I have been thinking that LA just wont be denied this year, but now I am not so sure. As boring as Devils hockey is, it is definitely effective and LA has not seen that style of play so far in the playoffs. It could throw them off and derail their momentum. Marty could indeed win his 4th Stanley Cup (I just threw up a little) and if he does I can only pray that he finally retires and I can say good riddance!! (I say that tongue in cheek. I have the utmost respect for him, but he has caused me waaaaay too much heartache over the years!)

it's going to be a great SCF this year imo. Even though we laid down for the Devils...never showing them close to our "A" game... they looked like a team possessed, a team on a mission. I said before the ECF it'd be the Devils in 5 because I was sure the Rags were skin deep - great goaltending + Gaborik + a small handful of maybe-goal scorers would eventually crack and that's what happened. Henrik had a bad G5 and Rusty / Callahan couldn't channel Kovalev / Messier. I give Torts credit for trying to jump-start that top line by moving Rusty there - it worked... for 1 goal. Not enough.

So I don't know ... if Marty can lock it down it's going to be an exciting series. No reason Quick will fold under the pressure... so I just don't know...I'll say Devils in 6.

Kudos to Marty Brodeur for once again rising to the top. I think the biggest difference between the 2 teams left is that the Kings have a better/more offense than the Devils and over a long series yet again, Marty is going to start showing his age. It certainly seems that whoever beats the Flyers goes on to win the Stanley Cup but I think the Kings will win it in a grueling overtime filled 7 game series.

I can't believe the Devils are going to win another Cup. Hope the Kings win but I fear the worst

You and me both. What a horrible stat to boot. I wish the Flyers would take care of business...

You and me both. What a horrible stat to boot. I wish the Flyers would take care of business...

That stat gets worse the more you think about it......the Devils have beaten the Flyers twice previously in the playoffs, 95 and 00, won the Cup both times.

Marty is old. He's no match for Quick.

And I think that the Kings' depth will be too much for the Devils.

Kings in 6 (so they can win it at home)!

Let's hope the Kings win the cup and send Marty into retirement for good. Kings in 6.