Shawinigin Cataractes vs London Knights

Guest flyercanuck

The Cataractes took the long way to the finals. After finishing 2nd in the QMJHL they had an early playoff exit, yet somehow made their way to the Memorial Cup Championship game against London tomorrow at 7 pm. They played 3 games in 3 days to get there, and showed yet again what the team with the better goaltender can do...not that we Flyer fans would know anything about that over the last 25 years.

London has been waiting since Tuesday to find out their opponent. Their only loss of the tournament came at the hands of the Cats, a 6-2 drubbing.

As mentioned by AFF in the other MC thread....Can someone please explain why we traded Michael Chaput, whose easily been the best player in this tournament and is dynamite on faceoffs (64%), for Tom Sestito?

Well congrats to the Catatactes! What a great championship game. Girard reminded me of Bob with his quickness side to side.

The only reason why I think Homer traded Chaput away was because of the young depth at center they all ready have with Schenn and Couturier. He needed a better skater than Shelley. But he surely gave away too much. He probably should have held out for a quality defensive prospect instead.

That whole tournament was awesome topped off with an incredible championship game! The crowd was into the game from the start. Great to see that kind of support. Those kids will never have to pay for a beer in Shawinigin.

There were only two things I didn't care for. Those damn air horns need to be outlawed. Extremely annoying! The 2nd thing was the 2 russian kids off celebrating by themselves wrapped up in the russian flag. I'm all for being patriotic, but that seemed out of place.

• Like 1

The 2nd thing was the 2 russian kids off celebrating by themselves wrapped up in the russian flag. I'm all for being patriotic, but that seemed out of place.

Umm, what? I went to be as soon as the puck went in the net...

Which two russian D-bags did that in Canada?

@hf101

So the winning goal is scored in OT by Anton Zlobin, who asked his coach if he could stay on the bench cause he was tired. Really? Great game though.

I didn't know he asked to stay on the bench. I didn't know that. yikes. The Knights seemed the more talented team, but Girard was the difference imo.

Hard to tell where the flag comes from but with the player's #s on it, it must have came from a fan. In which case, it's kind of different. He should skate over to the bench, fold it up and put it down, return to the celebration, but I can see how that might not happen in the heat of the moment.

@AlaskaFlyerFan

It was a great tournament, Those air horns should be banned. And those Russians?!?! The coach tells him to go on and he asks to stay on the bench cause he's tired? They were the ONLY team that didn't win it's way into the tournament.(they had about a month off while London, Edmonton and St. John played 4 rounds of playoff hockey to win their respective league titles.) EVERYBODY is tired in the championship game at the Memorial Cup in OT.