Devils, Kings both for sale

Guest FlyersFan4Life

What a shame 2 teams with really no fan base are for sale. Both teams in cup and nobody wants own them what a dang shame. I think Ed Snider should quick by the kings re-name them the LA Flyers and poof we finally can have a cup lol

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/Los-Angeles-Kings-New-Jersey-Devils-Stanley-Cup-finalists-for-sale-AEG-Corporation-Staples-Center-Jeffrey-Vanderbeek-053012

The Devils have never been able to draw, even after 3 Cups. They do have some hardcore fans, but going to games up there is like being in AHL arena

That may change with DeBoer at the helm. Let's see what happens in 3 years?

I got a couple of billion kind of burning a hole in my pocket what they heck, i'll buy the kings move them to Green Bay, play all the games on the frozen tundra, it'll be a hoot.

I dunno doom, 3 Cups and switching buildings didn't change the bush league atmosphere at Devils games...I mean could you ever imagine Lou Nolan sounding like a carnival barker, imploring a 90% of capacity crowd to "make some noise for your New Jersey Devils"? But hey they made the Final, so they should be able to sell a game out with fair weather North Jerseyans that don't know icing from offsides...I mean I hate the fckn rangers but at least they have real fans.

Sorry, the vitriol of too many disastrous trips up the turnpike spills out easily......

What a shame 2 teams with really no fan base are for sale. Both teams in cup and nobody wants own them what a dang shame. I think Ed Snider should quick by the kings re-name them the LA Flyers and poof we finally can have a cup lol

http://msn.foxsports...nderbeek-053012

The Kings actually have a pretty solid fan base. They routinely sell out the Staples Center.

I have been to a good number of games up there & have nothing but good things to say about their fans. (They're not crazy like us, but they show up & don't need the jumbotron to tell them when to cheer.)

NJ has a forecheck and offense now. Goals put fans in the seats (at least to start a base).

So you're saying the fouth Cup might start a fanbase?

Jeebus, we got two and I'm hooked....

• Like 1

Honestly I don't think it matters who is at the helm. An area is either going to support the team or not and that fan base has never supported the team. Watch any game during the season and there are a ton of empty seats on the lower levels.

My hope is that the team will be sold and preferably to a Quebec group who will move the team to Quebec and restore the rivalry with the Habs. At least there the team will be rabidly supported.

I have a few friends from northern Jersey and they call themselves Devils fans. They pay no attention to the Devils unless they make the playoffs and even then they read about the team rather than watch the games. Neither has been to a game in person yet they never fail to remind me that the Devils have won more cups than the Flyers. I don't think the Devils will ever have a supportive fanbase in northern Jersey simply because the fans there do not really pay attention to them and when they do it is at a distance.

@Hexy27

Don't you just love psuedofans that give you a rash of **** about how great "their" team is?

A close friend of mine has been a die hard Devils fan since they came to North Jersey. He moved to the Allentown area a few years ago and gets the Center Ice package so he can watch the games... every game. And as a true hockey fan he knows my 37 years of pain, and he's never shoved their Cups in my face. He is also much more the exception than the norm, he's actually a true hockey fan, and the Devils don't have many of those.

Don't you just love psuedofans that give you a rash of **** about how great "their" team is?

I can't stand that. Those people who say they are Cowboys fans or Penguins fans that run their mouth and then ask me who their team plays next because they aren't paying attention.

Bandwagon fair-weather fans that talk smack are retarded. I laugh at them.