golie - defense- offense

Guest Flyingswede

Where do you want to spend the most money? Not according to Homer, what do YOU think. I still think we need a golie, we need it bad. On the other hand, golie is not everything. Rangers couldnt win against devils despite having Lundqvist and im sure that alot of you wouldt have been happy if we signed Lundqvist last year instead of Bryz.

Bryz could be enought if we had 1 or 2 top defensemen coming in and 1 winger. I think we lack a top sharpshooter. Would you go for Parise before Suter? I would be satisfied if we could loose some depth to bring in both Suter and Parise. Jagr will probebly not be around, and the some with Pronger.

The flyers are going after parise hard and possibly hall gill for d and that dman from Florida who is 27 and ufa. Name guys? The cap is going up to 70 mil roughly. Plenty of space and plenty of ways to remove salary. Ltir or trade or one time buyout of contract. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Bob traded and Josh Harding signed before new cba is signed so they know who they will buy out

@Jmdodgesrt4

Garrison... is the ufa name you're looking for.

other than money though why would parise want to come to philadelphia from NJ ? for a chance to play in front of bryzgalov ? don't get me wrong i like him and his game, i'm just having a hard time seeing his motive to move south down the tpk . i also think if he's wearing orange next year we will have paid mucho dinero for him...

• Like 1

From what I am hearing the entire NHL is going to be after Parise and Suter, so the chances of getting both are probably zero, and a slim chance of even getting one of them. They have mentioned the Rangers, Red Wings,Canucks, Minnesota, among others, are all going to go after these guys. So Holmgren better start looking into some trades , they say the second best UFA dman is Garrison from FLA, he is known for offense and a great point shot. We need a top notch defensive guy to replace Pronger and Timmonen is coming off back surgery so, you cant count on him to be a big factor, and he is wearing down over the years. If anyone thinks we have a prayer of winning without Pronger and also with Timmonen hanging on by a thread, they are insane. WE NEED TO ADD TWO DEFENSEMEN. So maybe we sign Garrison, and then trade for another solid young dman.

A pure finisher to play right wing for Giroux would make the most of his playmaking ability, they have talked of putting Voracek on Girouxs wing, which is a total farce, Voracek has no shot and no finishing skills, and he is probablty the second best playmaker so why put your two best setup men on one line. Maybe we can find a right wing sniper in the draft and get lucky again like we did with Courourier.

@RonJeremy

good points here, Voras does need to work on his shot, but he has shown some good chemistry with giroux on the powerplay... no reason he can't be 1st unit PP and set up from the right half wall where he's a beast, and let him qb the PP. i'm not sure aside from parise who is available to take jagr's spot if he does not resign and i'm thinking he won't accept a reduced role/minutes.

i am starting to warm to garrison plus a rugged fellow to be named later, i'm not in the hal gill fan club though, I was intrigued by Manning's play , in particular i like watching him shut down phil kessel one on one, that kessel has a lot of shimey to his game and Manning played him perfectly , now I know kessel is a leaf and am pretty sure by the time that game was played they were in bag packing mode. still I wonder if he breaks into the line up next year ? the price is right on the kid

I root for the big bucks on a defenseman. I think our offense os ok, its one of the best in the league but it wouldnt hurt to get alittle more firepower.

Agreed, scoring does not look to be a problem (although I'd consider Parise this summer). Since we can't do much with the goaltending situation, defense is the logical target for improvement with Pronger's career being over. The next question is, whom to target? We're not getting Weber. Suter would be a nice addition but I fear Detroit will throw more $ at him than makes sense for the Flyers to try and match. I do believe resigning Carle for a reasonable price ($4 mil range) should be the starting point, let's see what else shakes loose