Winter Classic Jersey?

Guest NastyNate

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/11/10/is-this-the-best-winter-classic-leak-yet.html

i like them. a lot. i'm already over the new uniforms. the orange is too bright and i'm, over the whole throwback thing. why do we have to be stuck in the 70s? this is exactly what they need. something new and completely different than anything they have ever worn. i like them so much i would make them there full time jersey, with a white opposite for road games.

I would have rather seen them do a new take on the black jersey and then make that their alternate. To me this design seems a little out of place as the Flyers never wore anything like this. I won't outright say I don't like it. I think it will take some time to grow on me.

I don't mind it..I like the old school look. My only issue with the black jersey's is the flyers main color has always been orange on their jersey..personally that they've stayed with that.

If I buy one, it will be no numbers/no name. Last one I got, I figured I was safe buying 18...well, we know how that turned out! :unsure:

To me this design seems a little out of place as the Flyers never wore anything like this

thats exactly why i like it. i get the tradition thing and all that. but the flyers have only had what, 3 different jerseys? i dont see what the big deal is with branching out and trying something new. it still has a classic look to it. to me, thats the one thing that irks me about the flyers organization. they are too hung up on the past. havent won a cup since the 70s and have lost how many since? what are they 2-8 in cup finals? lets change this look up and get out of the 70s for a change.

This was just posted on eBay... similar to photos released a few weeks ago. If you were to ask me, I think this person decided to make a jersey similar to what Philly Sports Daily posted (based off of the Reebok long T-shirt: http://shop.nhl.com/...dy_bestsell_txt) and make a few bucks off of it until the official release on Black Friday.

http://sports.yahoo....urn=nhl-wp15096

screenshot20111112at112.png

screenshot20111112at112.png

Edited by s3x

I would have rather seen them do a new take on the black jersey and then make that their alternate. To me this design seems a little out of place as the Flyers never wore anything like this.

there was a time when the Flyers never wore an all black jersey but that seemed to grow on you as now you'd like a take on that.

While I'm not a fan of this latest incarnation of the possible Winter Classic jersey, I for one would vote against anything that takes the team back to all black. I thought it was an okay 3rd Jersey at best and then they had it as a full time jersey which to me was painful, especially the seasons they didn't have any Orange to wear at all. This of course came in the wake of "THE BLACK JERSEY" that a lot of teams couldn't help themselves with and eventually saw the error of their ways. The Sabres come to mind as does the Sixers. Heck, even the Eagles jumped on the bandwagon for a bit but they were quick to jump back off. I guess if they could do a cool design I guess that'd be okay but black jerseys are typically that, all black and very boring... to me.

there was a time when the Flyers never wore an all black jersey but that seemed to grow on you as now you'd like a take on that.

While I'm not a fan of this latest incarnation of the possible Winter Classic jersey, I for one would vote against anything that takes the team back to all black. I thought it was an okay 3rd Jersey at best and then they had it as a full time jersey which to me was painful, especially the seasons they didn't have any Orange to wear at all. This of course came in the wake of "THE BLACK JERSEY" that a lot of teams couldn't help themselves with and eventually saw the error of their ways. The Sabres come to mind as does the Sixers. Heck, even the Eagles jumped on the bandwagon for a bit but they were quick to jump back off. I guess if they could do a cool design I guess that'd be okay but black jerseys are typically that, all black and very boring... to me.

I do agree that all black would be boring. That is not what I want to see. I want to see some variation that has more black in it. Something different but not anything like the previous black jerseys. We already have orange and white jerseys. I think it would be cool to have something else as a third (alternate). Maybe you take the Giroux jersey that s3x posted and swap orange for black (and vice versa) and work some white piping in.

I do agree that all black would be boring. That is not what I want to see. I want to see some variation that has more black in it. Something different but not anything like the previous black jerseys. We already have orange and white jerseys. I think it would be cool to have something else as a third (alternate). Maybe you take the Giroux jersey that s3x posted and swap orange for black (and vice versa) and work some white piping in.

What about these? Screwed around with these a while ago and sent to Icethetics but never got posted.

flyerswinterclassic.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

flyersblackconceptjerse.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by ImpendingDOOM39