Mark Howe

Guest blocker

I'm not used to this forum. If I'm duplicating a post, it's because I'm old and full of Jamesons.

But, I'm glad that Mark Howe is going to the Hockey Hall of Fame. He deserves it. He's a superb hockey player. I think he never got the recognition he deserved because he was Gordie's son.

Times change. The players of today are bigger, stronger, quicker and more skilled than the players of a generation ago. I think that if Mark played in his Dad's era, he would have had the impact of a Bobby Orr.

Anyway, Mark Howe is getting an honor he earned.

Good for Mark.

I'm not used to this forum. If I'm duplicating a post, it's because I'm old and full of Jamesons.

But, I'm glad that Mark Howe is going to the Hockey Hall of Fame. He deserves it. He's a superb hockey player. I think he never got the recognition he deserved because he was Gordie's son.

Times change. The players of today are bigger, stronger, quicker and more skilled than the players of a generation ago. I think that if Mark played in his Dad's era, he would have had the impact of a Bobby Orr.

Anyway, Mark Howe is getting an honor he earned.

Good for Mark.

no blocker your the first to mention this. and i agree.

tips on this forum. if you want to respond to what someone said and you want them to know click the "Quote" Button. that way forum members know your talking to them. happy rick free posting

Good call on the Mark Howe HHOF induction. Good to see you posting on here too blocker. I always liked your anecdotes when you were on the PTPITN site and look forward to reading more of them here. It is a shame what happened to the philly.com board.....no hockey threads left...just trolls trolling for more trolls....

Edited by flyerrod

He was my favorite player when I was a little kid (Partially because he shared the surname name of an author of a book I was reading at the time of my 1st hockey game called The Celery Stalks at Midnight) back in November of 1984. My 1st Flyers jersey was a #2 Howe that I wore proudly for many years and still have today in a garbage bag in my basement.

He was such a great defender and could score some nice goals on the PP 2 with his shot from the point. I loved that he wore the A and thought he and Brad Marsh were great alternate captains to Poulin. As a little kid I used to say to myself "How does Howe do it?" while watching the him at the Spectrum..I used to think this was quite witty as an 8 year old! Now I am 35 and he is in the Hall of Fame, dang that story just made me feel slightly old :P

Anyway I digress Congrats to Mark Howe, the only HHOFer from my absolute favorite Flyers teams (1984-1988). If only we had won the cup in 85 and 87 I bet Propp and Kerr would be in there too. That is pretty good company he is in with (Clarke, Barber, and Parent). Does this mean we will see a retired #2 at some point?