How does it feel?

Guest Flyingswede

In USA it seems like its so important what the players say or do after the game.

for some reason we Americans feel the need to judge people's behavior, some of it is our obsession with celebrity culture, some of it is based on strong moral convictions, some of it is immaturity.... some of it is the technology we all possess with our smart phones and connectivity to one another. i get bummed by reports of athletes acting the fool, but also get bummed that so many people seem to take satisfaction when it happens. i don't think our society is made better by judging each other so harshly.

Flyers fans shouldn't be too upset if the Kings win the Cup this year. Realistically the Kings made moves last offseason for now where the Flyers made moves for the future. The way the regular season played out changed fans expectations of the Flyers team. However, it is one thing for Bryz to give up 3-4 goals against weaker teams that we can score 4-5 on and get the win. Quite another when every night in the playoffs you are playing the best teams. I'm optimistic as long as defense is upgraded and gets younger and Bryz has a bounce back season next year.

Edited by PhilsFanDrew

@mojo1917

How about the media acting the fool? Some of the questions these guys ask are just plain stupid. I mean seriously, do we really need to know as much information about a hockey player as some of these guys think we do? Did you happen to catch Sutters post game comments last night? Gold!

• Like 1

Sutter was so funny - without even trying to be.

Like when one of the media-morons says to him - to the HC of the team up 3-1 in the SC FINAL - "So it seems you're having trouble closing out these PO series..."

Sutter just laughed him off. I don't think he even asked his question.

• Like 1

To see Carter and Richards playing the final with Kings. I cant help rooting for the devils just becouse of that. I cant understand why Homer had to do that trade, I guess it must have to do with Stevens some how. Why do you trade two key players like that the year after we went to the final. Now it seems like we lost that trade...

It is indicative of the culture of this Flyers organization. Not saying I am disagreeing with the trade or the consequences. I think Flyers did just fine. What I am saying is that this move, as well as all others are determined and sanctioned by Ed Snider and Bob Clarke. Bob Clarke you say? Yes. He is there in the background and always will as long as Ed runs the team. Clarke was a great player but not the sharpest as GM. Say no more.

ha, I thought so. That was the textbook definition of a clueless hockey writer.

I think his follow-up question was going to be, "So your goalie...James Quick...looked like he struggled tonight, giving up 3 goals...will you start your backup for G5?"

for some reason we Americans feel the need to judge people's behavior, some of it is our obsession with celebrity culture, some of it is based on strong moral convictions, some of it is immaturity.... some of it is the technology we all possess with our smart phones and connectivity to one another. i get bummed by reports of athletes acting the fool, but also get bummed that so many people seem to take satisfaction when it happens. i don't think our society is made better by judging each other so harshly.

Interesting post, dont get me wrong, I didnt mean its ok to behave lika a jackass. I think an organisation must have rules and moral standards wich the players obey. But sometimes I think its to much focus on other stuff than hockey. No human is flawless and if some one is I dont want to know that person becouse that person cant be human ;) I think its important that players behave like rolemodels and sets good example but at the same time the judging is to harshly just as you say!