Carter Hatred!

Guest idahophilly

@Vanflyer

OK, I'll give you these playoffs. But if you look over a larger time span (say........ over the last 37 years), wouldn't you say they underachieved in the most ridiculous, almost unheard-of way?

I think I am on a two to one ratio on this topic. 2 (66% of the time), they either met expectation or overachieved. 1 (33% of the time) they underachieved (I am thinking to some of those rangers series in the 80's).

Scroll through the list and see where you land: http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/poffs.cgi

God.... Can we EVER somehow get a goalie? I don't even know what, at this point, it will take to land a decent goalie. A miracle, I guess. Can Homer, maybe, organize a party to abduct Quick, put a make-up on him, and pass him for Bryzgalov? lol

Truthfully, I would have no qualms with Bernier either. However, I don't think LA will let him go anywhere. Quick is going to be a UFA after next year. After he wins the Cup, Conne Smythe and Vezina this year, it is going to take a BOATLOAD of cash to sign him after next year.

Bernier is 23 and a RFA after next year.

As a side note, LA's total goalie cap hit is 3M.

No point in looking around this summer - or next summer...or the summer after that...

maybe...just maybe if Bryz-aster crashes and burns often enough in the next 3 years Ed and Co. will finally cut the cord.

as far as those 3 years..the old Turkish proverb for painful times comes to mind: may it pass quickly. :o

maybe...just maybe if Bryz-aster crashes and burns often enough in the next 3 years Ed and Co. will finally cut the cord.

I see two more years max Noziz and I had a dialogue about the buyout and the buyout actually makes the most sense (from a proration / cap hit perspective) after this upcoming season, but I don't think the Flyers will do that. If the Flyers shore up the d-side and gestation issues that Holmgren has with Lavy's giddy-up style, then ALL the heat will fall on the net. If Bryz does not deliver this year, the writing will be on the wall.