New captain?

Guest bleedingorange

It seems likely that Pronger may not be back on the ice next season due to the onslaught of injuries he has faced since signing with the Flyers. With that said who does everyone want to see be the next captain of the Flyers? I would personally love to see it go to Timonen because he has been with us forever and always gets passed over but Giroux did show some real leadership this year.

It seems likely that Pronger may not be back on the ice next season due to the onslaught of injuries he has faced since signing with the Flyers. With that said who does everyone want to see be the next captain of the Flyers? I would personally love to see it go to Timonen because he has been with us forever and always gets passed over but Giroux did show some real leadership this year.

Pronger will not be back. C will be Giroux. But it will cause discontent in the locker room. Watch this as the developing story 2012/2013 season.

I would rather see anyone other than Giroux as the captain. I just don't think he needs the added pressure right now. I agree with giving it to Briere as he's older and been there and done that. I'd rather just see Giroux focusing on hockey and not worrying about being a good captain.

That being said I am pretty sure it will be Giroux wearing the C next season. I saw an interview on the local news last night with Ed Snider where he was talking about Giroux being captain material.

They should put Talbot in just like they should have put Timonen in instead of Smith when they had to rush Richards into the job.

Timo will be in his last season of his deal. Another possibility is Briere (for three more seasons).

IF things continue to go well, Giroux will be captain. There is no need to rush him into the role.

Of course, they will.

Giroux would be a logical choice. Why not?

They should put Talbot in just like they should have put Timonen in instead of Smith when they had to rush Richards into the job.

Timo will be in his last season of his deal. Another possibility is Briere (for three more seasons).

IF things continue to go well, Giroux will be captain. There is no need to rush him into the role.

Of course, they will.

@radoran

I hear what you are saying, specifically in reference to rushing him into the role, but I don't believe it would be a big concern or have a repercussion like in Richards' case. Of course, that's just my hunch, but I think Giroux has demonstarted he is ready to lead. I just think other than Talbot, there may not be a better candidate.

Edited by Mad Dog

I feel it would be a bit premature to put Giroux in that role. He def. is captain material but we don't want to put that on him yet. Give it to Kimmo or Briere

Dude - that's my photo. Parking lot. 3:45.

Just kidding. You can never see enough of her.

I would give it to Timmo for what is probably his last season as a Flyer or possibly 2 years if he were to sign a one year extension. After that, Giroux would get the "C". That gives Giroux one more year(possibly 2) of tutelage under a great soft spoken leader in Timmo.

Pronger will not be back. C will be Giroux. But it will cause discontent in the locker room. Watch this as the developing story 2012/2013 season.

I don't see how any of the players could have a beef with Giroux wearing the 'C' next season. He is the heart & soul of this team.

I would have liked to have seen Danny get the captaincy during the playoffs, but that is doubtful now.

Dude - that's my photo. Parking lot. 3:45.

Just kidding. You can never see enough of her.

I was waiting by the flag pole...where were you?

I did make an attempt to see if the avatar was in use here as I couldn't remember where I had discovered it. I will change it...