Calder Cup Finals (AHL)

Guest pilldoc

8 members have voted

1. 1. What is more remarkable?

• The Norfolk Admirals winning the Calder Cup by going 28-0 in last 28 games and going 15-3 in playoffs, sweeping the Toronto Marlies in the Finals.
    • The LA Kings most likely to win the Stanley Cup by beating the Western Conf. #1, #2, #3 seeds in a row and most likely beating the Devils 4-1 in the Finals.

Just for those interested, it looks like the Norfolk Admirals (Tampa Bay) will win the the AHL Calder Cup today. They are up 4-1 with about 15 min to go in 3rd period. The would have swept the Toronto Marlies (Toronto) in 4 straight games. They also are currently on a 9 game winning streak by sweeping St. Johns to get to the Calder Cup Finals and by the looks of it sweeping the Toronto Marlies in 4 in the Finals for a final 10 game win streak.

For those who do not follow the AHL, the Admiral won the last 28 games of their season and will be 15-3 in the playoffs ending with a Calder Cup Trophy today. That is 43-3 in their last 46 games!!! Damm!

So what is more remarkable, the Admirals run to the Calder Cup or the LA Kings potentially winning Lord Stanley knocking the #1, #2, #3 Western Conference seeds in a row and all likelyhood winning tonight.?

Both are pretty impressive. However my vote goes to the Norfolk Admirals. They have just been a bulldozer since the middle of January.

that's a great accomplishment by the admirals. but the kings look to be on the verge of winning the toughest tournament in sports and making it look easy, i will vote for the stanley cup winner 100 out of 100 times.

i saw the admirals steamroll my beloved hershey bears this winter, they are / were a juggernaut.

28 straight wins is a pretty amazing feat. Losing only 3 in the playoffs is also pretty amazing.

The Kings did nothing amazing in the regular season, and lost 4 in the playoffs.

So I'm going with the Ads.