Mike Richards to join exclusive club

Guest mojo1917

So it is looking like the Kings have a great chance to win this thing, which will mean that Mike Richards will have been on a team that has won every important tournament in his sport.

he was on a canadian world champion junior team

he was on a memorial cup winning team with kitchner.

he was on a canadian gold medal olympic team,

he was on a calder cup winning team

he may be on a stanley cup winning team.

has anyone else done this ?

i think the calder cup is one that some of the elite talents like gretsky may not have since they went straight to the NHL, which makes this feat kind of trivia-tastic.

@mojo1917

Gretzky never won a Memorial Cup either. Richards hasn't won the Stanley yet, and what looked like a sure thing isn't so much anymore. I always thought he'd get one though, he's one of those guys who just wins. If other players have done this, it is definately a very select club. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

I think the Kings win the Cup at home tonight & the fans blow the roof off the Staples Center,

I hope the game goes to OT and Richards hits the game (and Cup!) winner!

. . . or I hope the Kings win 5-0 in a blowout, so I don't get too stressed out. :D

Would love to see Richards do an encore performance of "the shift" (i.e. game #5 against Montreal 2 years ago) to win the Cup for LA.

. . . or even Gagne with the Cup-winning goal.

That would be very cool.

Would love to see Richards do an encore performance of "the shift" (i.e. game #5 against Montreal 2 years ago) to win the Cup for LA.

. . . or even Gagne with the Cup-winning goal.

That would be very cool.

No that honor belongs to d o u c h e Jeffy Carter....God what mixed feelings this whole fiasco caused...

...but i will say watching the Cup finals with no emotion really either way makes it so easy verses the 2010 run when i was just on the edge of my seat the whole time and felt like a heart attack could just happen at any moment....

Edited by OccamsRazor

• 1 month later...